Threads in Forum : Windows Vista File Management Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Dragging Sidebars.. by Ted Gervais[_2_]
I can't seem to drag my sidebars anymore. While I can get them to move a bit, they pop back up to the top after I release them. They seem to be under some other force. I have no control over them anymore.. Anyone please.. -- Ted Gervais 6233 CR 609 Site 325
April 23rd 09 10:46 PM
by Ted Gervais[_2_] Go to last post
0 172
Vanishing Folder!! Pls help! by smerds
Hi there, I've just built a new PC and have installed Vista Ultimate 32bit on to it. I produce music so I have a number of music creation applications installed including Ableton Live 8, Pro Tools etc. I created a folder on my desktop where I was saving all my new projects, samples and completed WAV files. Last night, I copied a bunch on stuff from a USB stick to the desktop
April 23rd 09 03:58 PM
by DL[_3_] Go to last post
1 181
Clear "save as" pathname by jaeholme
I would like to clear the pathname that appears in the file name dropdown box when I click "save as." I want to clear the "save as" pathname history and cannot find any option in Vista to let me do this. Setting up multiple user accounts is an option, but that seems extreme when all I want to be able to do is clear this history. There must be an option somewhere. I only found an old thread on...
April 23rd 09 12:57 PM
by No Name Go to last post
2 199
problem renaming by nicolasbv
I cant rename a -Computer/Local disk (C: )/user- folder. Help please Im using Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit -- nicolasbv
April 22nd 09 11:30 AM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 164
Open with - files associations - don't work by Hasta-la-Vista
:cry: I have a serious problem which makes Vista practically unusable on my amd64 machine. Here is an example of it: Having changed my default browser, the .html and .htm file associations had been set to "unknown". Don't ask me why. Trying to set them via the usual mechanisms: "open with" or "file associations" menus does not work because they are populated only with MS programs. All attempts...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 22nd 09 05:12 AM
by aprilia1k Go to last post
16 399
Folder disapeared - and I need it back by No Name
I accidentally dragged my C:\images folder (contains year's worth of camera images) up a few folders and Vista 64 Business agreed to move this folder to the new location, but I was still hovering somewhere over the folders in C:, so I released the left mouse button. Windows started to move the folder (From C:\ to C:\ ??). I didn't want this folder moved so I clicked on the cancel that was...
April 22nd 09 04:35 AM
by Michael Walraven[_3_] Go to last post
2 183
Deleted picture folder by Katy
While on the Internet I noticed that at the bottom of my "Favorites" column was a "Picture Folder." I looked at it and then got out of the Internet and checked to see if my Picture folder was still there. It was, so I deleted the folder off my Favorites. Needless to say, the folder apparently completed disappeared!! Needless to say, I am heartsick, and hope that there is a way they can...
April 20th 09 08:22 PM
by Katy Go to last post
2 184
Complete Vista Migration by ShaneM
Hi, I'm looking at migrating my current vista user, application setting... the whole 9 yards, from one Vista machine to another. How can this be done, easily and efficiently? I have to upgrade 10 Vista machines and I really dont want to spend a week battling with this. Thanks in advance
April 20th 09 03:29 PM
by Jon Wallace Go to last post
1 148
Vista Search Bar Woes by BrookieDragon
I just reformatted my comp and reinstalled vista... but I just can't get my start menu search bar back to performing right with this fresh installation. For example, in the past (and I assume this is normal), I could type a program name and hit enter and it'll run the program. Example, msconfig will open up my MSconfig. regedit would open up my registry edit. Now, if I type... regedit , it...
April 19th 09 05:03 PM
by BrookieDragon Go to last post
2 161
Solution / Vista Lacks A Real Search Engine by flamestar
XP had a great desktop search engine and Apple a bad search engine. Vista copied Apples joke of a search engine and now you can only find things that are not lost. I tried to make Vista's search engine work every way I could but its impossible. So I went out and bought Copernic Desktop Search.http://www.copernic.com/ (I do not wsork for them nor get anything from them) and not only does their...
April 18th 09 03:03 PM
by Manny Weisbord Go to last post
7 203
Vista upgrade lost documents by jfn25
Hi hopefully someone can help me I have just upgraded from vista home basic to vista home premium I did the upgrade not clean install and the drive as far as I know was not formatted, all of my programs have remained but i have lost all of my documents folder although if I do a general search it finds them but tells me that they are on a drive or network no longer available and the file size as...
April 18th 09 10:18 AM
by MickleD887 Go to last post
6 206
Cannot delete filenames/paths too long!! by Firecracker
Hi! Please can someone help me? I do not know how this happened, but I have some folders on my pc that have repeatedly copied themselves over and over again, nested one inside the other.. I cannot delete any of them as I get an error that the filenames and file paths are too long.. I have tried to delete the folder from cmd using rmdir /s but I get the same error message.. I thought to try to...
April 18th 09 10:17 AM
by Firecracker Go to last post
6 282
Error Updating File Properties from the Detail Pane by ScottHarlow
When I try to change the file properties of SOME files using the detail pane I recieve the following error message: "An unexpected error is preventing the operation. Make a not of this error code, which might be useful if you get additional help to reslove this problem: Error 0xC00D0026: No error description avaliable" I have checked the file properties and it is not write protected.
April 18th 09 03:40 AM
by Manny Weisbord Go to last post
3 1,573
Windows Vista left hand panel, help me make it dissapear by Kiko
I have this problem: There is the left hand side panel opening in Windows Explorer I want to make it vanish, I never had that before I dont want that. Screenshot: http://www.imagehut.eu/images/62924Vista_screenshot.JPG (Left hand panel, needs to dissapear)
April 17th 09 04:19 AM
by haunt Go to last post
3 290
WHERE DO I FIND THE POP3 INFORMATION? by ANNA
WHERE DO I FIND POP3 INFO?
April 16th 09 08:26 PM
by David B.[_3_] Go to last post
5 202
The column bar containing Name, Date Modified, Size does not appear in many folders by evfu
The column bar which shows Name, Date Modified, Size etc. and allows to increase or remove columns for other items like duration etc. does not appear in many folders. I tried to reset to default, apply to all folders when it does appear but nothing seems to help. How do I get the same back. I cannot change the width of the column to display the full name by double clicking on the edge of the name...
April 16th 09 03:41 AM
by Brink Go to last post
9 195
Indexing network mapped drives by Michel
Hi, I installed new machines at a client's location with Vista. Boy, do i regret that choice but that is a whole other story. The owner wanted to be able to search for files 'just like on XP' . I knew the XP machines had google desktop installed. But since Vista comes with it's own indexing toolkit I though: hey, why not use MS's tools for a change? So I setup windows search. Just the fact...
April 15th 09 07:33 PM
by Michel Go to last post
0 161
Explorer folder pane isn't clean anymore by lecisco
Hi, recently the Folders navigation pane in windows explorer started showing messy vertical dots when expanding the tree view in directories. I've tried lots of things including uninstalling my graphics driver and reinstalling it but it persists. Has anyone seen this before or know how to fix it? This screen capture shows what I mean - notice the vertical dotted lines at the left...
April 15th 09 11:59 AM
by DeepEllum Go to last post
4 214
Diskstate 3.70 (Build 1601) always crashes on Vista by evfu
Of late, Diskstate 3.70 (build 1601) opens and after a while always crashes leaving behind crashdump of disksate and opens a browser window to send the same to the vendor. This is the latest release having updated to it from the previous one using the inbuilt updater when it looks for new updates. Even the previous version used to crash. On the website of vendor, it mentions that the crash on...
April 15th 09 09:45 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
2 160
dual windows folder & how to delete one of it! by powervan8
hello guys! I hope you can help me with this kind of problem that i have with one of my windows file folder. I reinstalled vista x86 32 bit (clean install, oem dvd installer). my previous vista was installed in drive C and when i clean install i put it in drive D. now here's the thing. after the clean install the new vista sp1 is now located in drive C and the old vista version is now in drive...
April 14th 09 02:16 PM
by powervan8 Go to last post

From The