Threads in Forum : Installation and Setup of Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Vista Update error 8024402C by Margy
New notebook on Vista Business. T7500 CPU, 4 gigs RAM, 160gig HDD. It will not download any updates which I need to do so I can install Service Pack 1 as a result of Update error 8024402C. I have a Microsoft Service Pack 1 on DVD - DVD was given to me by Microsoft. I have followed Help suggestions: Notebook has Internet Access I have disbale Virus Protection and tried updates still failed It...
February 11th 11 02:33 AM
by Growler74 Go to last post
4 988
Gadgets calendar gone orange, no display by Joe Bloggs
Hi. I'm on Vista with all updates and suddenly my Gadgets calendar gone orange, with no date display How can I get the display back please? Thanks
December 29th 10 05:33 AM
by Joe Bloggs Go to last post
0 744
MyNetResearch fastest growing website for researchers by Ben[_12_]
Dear Academic Researcher, Research tools have changed a great deal over the years. The Huffington Post said in the article, Science Goes Social; "…scientists have so far relied too heavily on published papers and per-chance meetings at conferences to share scientific know-how." The Huffington Post continues; "Sites like MyNetResearch.com (have) features to manage and organize one's literature...
December 17th 10 06:51 PM
by Ben[_12_] Go to last post
0 794
Memory Management blue screen error by Brandonlee
For the past 4 months, I've been repeatedly getting a blue screen telling me I have a Memory Management error after playing games on my computer for random amounts of time and rarely when I watch videos. Unfortunately after I get the blue screen, it restarts my computer so I haven't been able to see if I've had a major memory usage spike, but I have used the windows memory diagnostics to test my...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 6th 10 05:37 PM
by darty07 Go to last post
10 1,383
Microsoft 6to4 adapter problem and other problems by Steve St Denis
Hi I have gone into my device manager and found that under network adapters Microsoft 6 to 4 adapter has a yellow triangle beside it how do I reinstall this, also I had my computer crash today and the blue screen came up to tell me that windows needs to shut down so there is no damage to the computer, I think it said something about the 6 to 4 adapter but the blue screen disappeared and...
November 24th 10 10:25 AM
by velociraptor Go to last post
4 870
An Upgrade Path from XP to Windows 7 by Ben[_12_]
There is no direct upgrade path from XP to Windows 7 but users can use the User State Migration Tool (USMT) to migrate user data and settings. I wrote a piece about the upgrade, with an accompanying video, at: http://windows7reports.com/2010/11/09/migrate-win-xp-to-win7-using-usmt-user-state-migration-tool-pt-1/ However, what do you do if you have a site with hundreds of XP or Vista users? Is...
November 17th 10 02:47 PM
by Ben[_12_] Go to last post
0 506
Reinstall/ Reactivation by Joshua
Okay, So I clean installed Vista H.P. from XP (had to clean install because going from 32-64-bit), Activated and everything was fine. Decided to purchase a SLI-ready motherboard, and due to significant hardware change i had to install vista again. My problem now is that I have 22 days to activate however the activation program is telling me my Key Code is already in use. How can i get my...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 11th 10 10:33 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
10 967
black screen with blinking underscore by davidjames
Hello, my sony vaio laptop shows vaio on startup then stops on a black screen with a blinking underscore.i think this is because before i shutdown last time i partitioned the drive into two parts and renamed the second part d: the disk drive was named f. the main partition remained as c: and another one was named x for some reason. the trouble i'm having is restoring the partitions and...
September 2nd 10 09:29 PM
by davidjames Go to last post
0 482
Black Screen with blinking cursor....After Crack by esudip
Dear friendz, I just brough Dell N5010 (Inspiron 15R) Laptop with DOS and now I am trying to install Vista 32 -bit on it........The installation has completed successfully but whenever I am going to crack (Activation crack-Vistaloader 3.0) the windows it restarts the windows and it stucks at Black screen with blinking cursor........How do I install Vista ???
August 11th 10 09:35 AM
by esudip Go to last post
0 1,692
Save hardware drivers by Chris K
Just re-installed Vista and it needed couple drivers - 1 for my Radeon 1650 SE video card and one for my M/Soft digital media 3000 keyboard I'm bit concerned about these drivers becoming obsolete (particularly the former) so I was wondering whether it's possible to save the drivers now for future install - the driver details document all the driver files & locations but not sure how to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 9th 10 01:05 PM
by GSalisbury Go to last post
13 925
Moving user profile to D: by Chris K
Just re-installed Vista + moved 3 users from C:/Users to D:/ +moved all their old (pre-install) files from old user profile to new user profile on D: Still having few issues with permissions/installing There must be a proper (belt & braces) way to move user profile but how?
August 8th 10 01:41 PM
by Chris K Go to last post
4 483
\Boot\BCD 0xc000000f error by GreenFire999
I don't know the full story of this computer because it was my sister's and they had it for a long time. The only thing they tell me is that when they moved the computer in a different location and hooked it up, it shows Verifying DMI Pool Data..... then, File: \Boot\BCD
August 6th 10 01:33 AM
by philo Go to last post
1 417
How do I fix/remove the bootloader after accidently installing intosecond drive/partition? by Ant[_3_]
Hello. I think I screwed up my old HDD's bootup setup on an old Dell Optiplex GX280 test PC. I was trying to install three different 32-bit Windows onto this machine for testing purposes. It is a single boot setup and not dual/triple boots as well. IIRC, this is what happened... I had slipstreamed Windows XP Pro. SP2/3 (forgot which one) installed in C: drive and made a Symantec Ghost image...
August 1st 10 05:20 AM
by Ant[_3_] Go to last post
0 442
OS on a logical drive by itself? by [email protected]
I've often heard that the OS should be on a drive (logical drive) by itself so that, when it gets a problem, you can just re-install a new copy of the OS on that drive. However, isn't the OS modified when you install programs? Where would you install them? Can someone explain the procedure for this and how it works? It has always confused me and, if if works as I understand, I'd like to try...
July 23rd 10 02:26 AM
by Bruce Chambers Go to last post
4 443
Windows 7: All updates fail with 0x80071a91 by Stephan[_2_]
Hello, I have since about 2 months a very annoying problem. I cannot update my Windows 7 Professional (64bit) anymore. Any attempt as standalone install or through Windows Update gives osmething like this in the WindowsUpdate.log: 2010-06-20 20:26:47:783 5192 854 Misc =========== Logging initialized (build: 7.3.7600.16385, tz: +0200) =========== 2010-06-20 20:26:47:784 5192 854 Misc =...
June 20th 10 06:53 PM
by Stephan[_2_] Go to last post
0 422
How to creat recovery partition with recovery image in vista to restore the system by nisar6788
I want to create a recovery partition on my windows Vista laptop. Pretty much i want to be pompted when the pc boots to hit f10 and have a count down of 10 seconds . I know this would be done through boot.ini however i have no idea how to do so. Also id make a seperate partition on my hd of ten gigs just for the backup image. if someone could help me.... Id appreciate it. Thanks -- nisar6788
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 3rd 10 08:14 PM
by paratracker Go to last post
11 844
Vista SP1 Fails to Install From Windows Update by Eric
Hi All Vista SP1 fails to install from Windows Update with the following code:- 800704C8 Anyone got any idea what this means? There is nothing in the knowledge base!
June 3rd 10 05:31 PM
by David_P_Morse Go to last post
3 538
autounattend.xml not working when en-gb used by Mikoyan[_4_]
I am trying to install Vista using autounattend.xml answer file. If I leave all location settings as en-us it works, if I change to my location en-gb, the answer file is ignored at setup. Any ideas for how to fix this?
June 3rd 10 01:22 PM
by Mikoyan[_4_] Go to last post
0 976
autounattend.xml not working when en-gb used by Mikoyan[_4_]
I am trying to install Vista using autounattend.xml answer file. If I leave all location settings as en-us it works, if I change to my location en-gb, the answer file is ignored at setup. Any ideas for how to fix this?
June 3rd 10 01:22 PM
by Mikoyan[_4_] Go to last post
0 410
Upgrade from XP - network printer problem by Ed Pyle
On my way to getting to Windows 7 I upgraded to Vista from XP in a new partition. I still have a partition running XP. I have a HP 4000n network printer which I can print to from the XP partition and which is used by two other computers. I originally used the HP Install Printer Wizard to install that printer in XP. In the Vista partition I downloaded and installed HP Install Printer...
June 2nd 10 09:43 PM
by Ed Pyle Go to last post

From The