Threads in Forum : Windows Vista File Management Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Recover hard drive files by MarcooO
Hi all; I have a divx reader with hard disk connected by a wireless network to my PC: while I was renaming some folders the network went down and the folders become files, so now are unreadable. Now, when I connect the network drive, in the left column I have 8 folders (instead of the 10 that I had before) and two files of 0kb. Before this problem these two files were two folders...
March 17th 10 03:44 PM
by MarcooO Go to last post
0 568
Randomly changing window explorer view for each folder? by james
I want each folder to have a custom view. For general files, it's details view with name, size, date modified. However, sometimes this setting sticks, sometimes it changes to something else with no ryhme or reason (e.g. sometimes it would be grouped by date, with "date taken" column instead of date modified). Some people say this can be fixed with a registry patch, some say it cannot be...
March 17th 10 01:52 PM
by james Go to last post
0 369
Randomly changing window explorer view for each folder? by james
I want each folder to have a custom view. For general files, it's details view with name, size, date modified. However, sometimes this setting sticks, sometimes it changes to something else with no ryhme or reason (e.g. sometimes it would be grouped by date, with "date taken" column instead of date modified). Some people say this can be fixed with a registry patch, some say it cannot be...
March 17th 10 01:52 PM
by james Go to last post
0 461
Windows 7 Search by smoddelm
Sorry to post a Windows 7 question in a Vista group, but I assume the issues and answers apply to both. Also, am I missing something, or is there no Windows 7 set of groups here? 1. I've Googled and searched various online forums, and I read Microsoft's page on advanced search syntax and can't seem to find the answer no matter how I frame my question: Is there a "NOT" filter in Windows 7...
March 16th 10 07:35 AM
by pacinitaly Go to last post
4 553
beautiful comfortable and fashionable timberland,gucci shoes,nike dunk,lv,lrg,evise,,jeans,watch,T- by wholesale988
We are a foreign trade company that wholesales all kinds of brand shoes and clothing. Such as Nike jordan,Dunk, Nike shox, Air max, Air force one, Adidas, Puma, Gucci, Prada, Bape, Timberland shoes, t-shirts,jeans, shorts and so on. Reliability is our strong point. And we can offer all COLORS and all SIZES. If you do business with us, you will be never worried about the quality. All products are...
March 15th 10 09:57 AM
by wholesale988 Go to last post
0 382
Missing security tab on folders by robandlisa
Yesterday I changed the security settings on the drive prefs and don't really know what I did. I now cannot access 3 drives because the security tab has disappeared. I know its not a sharing issue. Please can someone tell me how to get the tab back. I have vist ultimate 64. Thanks -- robandlisa
March 14th 10 05:12 PM
by John John - MVP Go to last post
2 593
Missing security tab on folders by robandlisa
Yesterday I changed the security settings on the drive prefs and don't really know what I did. I now cannot access 3 drives because the security tab has disappeared. I know its not a sharing issue. Please can someone tell me how to get the tab back. I have vist ultimate 64. Thanks -- robandlisa
March 14th 10 02:58 PM
by robandlisa Go to last post
0 370
E-Mail me by zachy
"Black Baptist" wrote: .
March 13th 10 11:19 AM
by zachy Go to last post
0 385
informationen by Sandra Eicken
March 10th 10 06:29 PM
by Badger[_3_] Go to last post
1 404
informationen by Badger[_3_]
Do you want Information in ENglish? Please start again. "Sandra Eicken" wrote in message ...
March 10th 10 06:29 PM
by Badger[_3_] Go to last post
0 515
Sorting, Grouping and Stacking by Fruit2O
I want to Sort or Group a folder containing *.AVI files by the date the movie clips were taken. I've tried to sort/group by all the date options - and either they don't work or no information shows up in the column. I've Googled and it seems that other people are having the same problem. I wonder if anyone reading this has a solution. PS: I don't know what Stacking is - I haven't gotten that...
March 10th 10 01:20 AM
by The Learner Go to last post
4 705
Nero files leftover by JMed
How do I get rid of it? it won't let me delete it TIA
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 10th 10 12:35 AM
by JMed Go to last post
10 1,033
Vista and CSIDL_COMMON_APPDATA - readonly and _hidden_ directory by Viv[_2_]
Hi all, I have an application that uses one configuration file which should be the same for all users. This conf file should also be editable by any user. 1) For Win2000 and WinXP it was not a problem to use the SHGetFolderPath function with CSIDL_COMMON_APPDATA which would then be smth like: "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data" and to put there the conf file for my...
March 9th 10 11:25 AM
by Leslie Milburn Go to last post
8 660
Restore deleted system32 files by psyberlin
Hi! I have a big problem with a PC in our company. Firstly, we use Vista 64 bit and reinstalling is NOT an option because we have tons of installed software I am unwilling to reinstall :D Serious, we had the conficker-worm and some other trojans removed last week with Avira Antivir Personal and then upgraded (better to say removed and reinstalled it) it with Avira Professional. I guess during...
March 8th 10 08:41 AM
by psyberlin Go to last post
0 437
Nero files leftover by JMed
How do I get rid of it? it won't let me delete it TIA
March 7th 10 11:37 PM
by JMed Go to last post
0 365
Updated vista 32 bit does not backup .exe files & shortcuts by Bob
I just finished reinstalling my vista box to out of the box new. I used vista 32 bit home premium backup and restore that came with the vista operating system to backup and restore all my stuff. It all went well except I discovered that vista 32 bit backup and restore does not backup ..exe files and convenience shortcuts I made for quick access to hidden AppData folders. Every .exe file...
March 3rd 10 05:44 AM
by No Name Go to last post
8 626
Folder/File permissions by Christine Williams
Hi, I'm trying to organize my photo files and moving various folders between folders. I am the only person using this laptop, I have Vista, I have permissions for all users wide open. I create a directory/folder and then I try to move another folder into it and get the following error:
March 3rd 10 05:11 AM
by No Name Go to last post
8 623
WantChange Location of CompletePC Backup by Key Bored[_2_]
Hi All, I'm running Vista Ultimate 64-bit with Service Pack 2. I want to do a CompletePc Backup (image of C drive) and save it on my external hard drive. Previously, I have saved several image backups to my second internal hard drive, but don't have enough space to do another backup. But when Vista searches for a location for the backup, it only allows me to use the second internal hard...
March 3rd 10 04:55 AM
by No Name Go to last post
4 569
Folder icons change when moved to another computer by MW[_3_]
I've changed the folder icon of several folders. When I move them onto a data CD they remain as I changed them. But when I open the CD on another computer they revert to the old yellow default folder. How do I get them to keep the changes? On another forum I was told to place that icon file into that particular folder (no problem) and to create a "desktop.ini file" and make it a system file...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 3rd 10 04:09 AM
by No Name Go to last post
14 938
File System - XP,Vista - File Redirector - Download by abc[_4_]
Hi, I read a year or so ago or perhaps longer,that there was a microsoft update that could make some of the programs made for XP work on Vista.It was supposed to redirect access to a restricted folder in the windows file system to another one that would allow the software to work. Could any tell me where to find that? or What number update was it? Thanks in Advance
March 3rd 10 03:58 AM
by No Name Go to last post

From The