Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Importing pictures on Windows Vista by John Watson
I have a camera card with 120 pictures on it.I only want to import three of the pictures into Windows Vista Photo Gallery.How do I select the three pictures only for importing?I cant see any option for only selecting the pictures I want to import.
August 11th 08 02:32 PM
by John Inzer Go to last post
2 265
Movie Maker Timeline error by Brageus
When importing a video from my sony camcorder into Vista Movie Maker I have a problem. The video-file plays fine as it is in other programs but when dragging to the timeline the length is extended hugely. For example a 2 min clip shows as 8 hours. When importing a clip that is longer than 5 min I get an error message that the clip is longer than 24 hours and then I cant edit it. Anyone who might...
August 11th 08 01:57 PM
by John Inzer Go to last post
1 270
Movie Maker by Sunfish NC
I have created a slideshow in Movie Maker. I wanted to free up some disk space so I moved the picture files to my Passport hard drive. When I move these files from my c drive, those pictures no longer appear in the slideshow that I created....just black frames. Have I not saved the movie file correctly or do I have to keep the pictures that I used in the slideshow in the original location...
August 10th 08 09:25 PM
by oscar Go to last post
3 273
Mass-Market Your Website 07670 by Hughes[_2_]
LESS Than A Dollar A Day Gets HUGE Exposure. Let Us Handle All The Work - VISITORS GUARANTEED OR YOUR MONEY BACK!!! http://submitmywebpage.com/offers/
August 10th 08 08:14 PM
by Hughes[_2_] Go to last post
0 230
WMP (Vista) will not play MPEG-2 files... by Howard Woodard
If I had any hair I would certainly be pulling it out about now. WMP plays all of the file types that you would expect it to, including DVDs, but will not play MPEG-2 files. I will swear that WMP and Media Center have played MPEG (MP-2) files in the past. In fact, I think that I remember having to install the Vista codecs to get them to play properly. I can think of nothing that I have...
August 10th 08 07:26 AM
by Howard Woodard Go to last post
0 241
MP3 umbenennen als Batch mit Dateierkennung by Stefan Meier
Hallo! Kein eigentliches Vista Problem, das gesuchte Tool muß aber unter Vista laufen, daher vielleicht doch ein wenig passend? Gegeben ist Vista Ultimate, ein Verzeichnis Musik mit Tausenden von Musikstücken in ca. 800 Ordnern und Unterordnern. Da die Musikstücke zumindest größtenteils lediglich mit Lied_x.mpg bezeichnet sind, benötige ich ein Tool das:
August 9th 08 08:44 PM
by Stefan Meier Go to last post
3 251
Media Center missing TV multiplexes by Dick Knowles
I have just upgraded to Vista and seem to have lost Multiplexes 1 and 2 (BBC and ITV) from my USB Freeview receiver (V-Gear MobiDTV). On my Laptop, using the same receiver, running XP and the original bundled software (ArcSoft Total Media 2.0.4.69) all mutiplexes are received with maximum signal stength. On my Desktop (Vista and Media Center) the scan finds all the channels, but when I...
August 9th 08 02:09 PM
by Dick Knowles Go to last post
0 264
WMF/JPEG Thumbnails won't show by pandora
I am unable to get my hundreds of pieces of wmf & jpeg clipart pieces to show as thumbnails, only as a generic program file (Usually Paintbrush). My previous three computers had no problems with the clipart. I have: - Unchecked "always show as icons.." - Messed with folder options - Spent 35 minutes on remote assist with Dell- they say Vista sees these files as some sort of spyware. - Done the...
August 8th 08 05:20 PM
by John Inzer Go to last post
3 372
TROUBLE burning audio cd in windows media player 11 by Bresheena
PLEASEEEEE help me!!!!! everytime i try to burn a cd using windows media player 11(i also use windows Vista) it tells me to insert a blank disc into the drive and when i do insert a blank disc into the drive it does not recognize my disc and keeps asking me to insert a blank disc....i have tried using maxell cd's as well as tdk cd's....if you have any answers or suggestions please let me...
August 8th 08 03:11 PM
by RainyDay Go to last post
1 241
DVD Default Program by cisbrane[_2_]
Hello, I have a DVD Video program that I prefer over Media Center. I have set my AutoPlay to automatically load it when I insert my DVD, but I can not at all figure out how to set it to be the default program when you double click on the DVD icon from Computer folder. I found one site that had listed modifications to the registry at: HEKY_CLASSES_ROOT \ DVD \ shell \ play \ command \
August 8th 08 08:47 AM
by Brink Go to last post
6 233
losing files by janhemt
hi, i have lost a bunch of files, can someone please tell me how to get them back? i dont like vista. not used to it, used to xp. also, can someone please send me the link again for that office.ort 2.4 free word doc program? lost that, and cant get it back, had trouble downloading, thanks -- saving pets one at a time, janet
August 8th 08 01:39 AM
by John Inzer Go to last post
1 264
Windows Photo Gallery uses wrong printer by TedT
Hi, I installed another printer on my computer, it has the same name as my feault but with (copy 1) after it. Thsi is because my default is on my network, but sometimes I plug directly via USB to see page usage etc which cnanot be done via the network. So my default printer is: Brother HL-5140 and is on ethernet The other is: Brother HL-5140 (copy1)
August 8th 08 01:15 AM
by shalmboy[_2_] Go to last post
5 318
Exporting Wmp Info in Vista to Excel by Tom292
I would like to export my WMP info to Excel. System: Vista, WMP 11. I tried a solution posted earlier by someone, but evidently I don't have the common sense to do it. Help! -- Tom292 Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
August 7th 08 05:32 PM
by Tom292 Go to last post
0 240
.mpg files won't play in Vista by GW
My .wmv's play fine. Why can't I play .mpg's? Thanks! Tammie
August 7th 08 12:03 AM
by oscar Go to last post
4 226
Photo Gallery by Jan
I have photos in Photo Gallery on laptop and want to back load or download them onto an inserted SD card and can't figure out out to do this. Please help.
August 6th 08 09:50 PM
by John Inzer Go to last post
1 218
Thumbnail View Help by swtlyre
I have just gotten a new computer with window vista 64 bit, home. I use PSP 12, and used to be in xp you could view these in the folders, but now you can not. Does anyone know if there is a program out there that works with vista 64bit that will allow me thumbnail views of psp, png, psd files? I have tried 2 so far and none of them will work in my computer. Thanks.
August 6th 08 09:36 PM
by John Inzer Go to last post
1 267
media player 11 audio problems by mcdanme
i have windows media 11 with vista ultimate, and at the end of every single mp3 i have in my library the audio becomes choppy. it last for about 5 sec and then the audio plays normal again. i know it is not the files because they copy and play fine on portable music players etc. does anyone know how i can remedy this??
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 6th 08 05:10 PM
by siratcliffe Go to last post
34 727
WMP 11 in Vista will not play MPG files by [email protected]
I get an error that it can not play that format. GSpot says mpg1 codec is installed and it will run in gspot. Will also run using Cyberlink PowerDVD. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ty
August 6th 08 08:00 AM
by Busyboy Go to last post
3 223
CD ripping? by Mark Bohlsen
I posted this question in the general section before I noticed there was a section for music. I received a less than stellar reply, so I though I would try the same question here. I want to rip dozen's of CD's to a file format with the best quality and least amount of hard disk space taken up. Which should I choose, mp3 (128 kbps), wma (128 kbps) or wma pro at (128 kbps)? Any help would...
August 5th 08 07:46 PM
by oscar Go to last post
3 224
Video thumbnails not generating automaticly. by chieftain20
Hello i just recently signed up for this site and now I need some desperate help. I have searched just about everything that i can think of and none of it is just working out. Here's my dilemma: I've just recently installed a fresh brand new copy of Vista 64-bit Premium (and after many hours of dealing with dynamic discs and backing up and else) and now noticed that my video thumbnails are not...
August 5th 08 07:26 PM
by chieftain20 Go to last post

From The