Threads in Forum : Music, Pictures and Video with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Live! Cam Avitar and Video Chat by CdLSRN[_2_]
Built into Dell Monitors such as SP2208WFP FLAT panel monitor. The monitor itself works but the Avitar live cam and Video chat do not. Has anyone created a work around or fix yet? Live Cam Avatar is by 'Creative'. Thanks.
August 5th 08 09:35 AM
by CdLSRN[_2_] Go to last post
0 249
RealPlayer & Windows Media Player resolution by LiveAndLearn
Hello all, After installing Vista and playing the video clips that I downloaded when I was using Windows XP, the video resolution seems lower (video images more 'blockky'). My monitor was the same in both operating systems. When I played this videos, I did get a message that says somehting like "format being converted to Vista Basic colour scheme' (Not exact wording).
August 5th 08 03:16 AM
by LiveAndLearn Go to last post
0 218
'Quality' Images by Matthew Armshaw
I've been searching the internet for images to use as wallpaper on my 32-bit Vista Home Premium gateway laptop. Some images (regardless of file type) look wonderful - such as the wallpaper images that come with the OS. Other files I dl (again regardless of file type) are not so good. I was wondering if there are certain file types that enlarge better than others, or wether there are settings...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 5th 08 03:01 AM
by RegH Go to last post
10 425
color variations between vista and xp by Min. James R. Bellar
Greetings :)+ I do some graphical work for a person to make cutter files for them to make horse stall curtains. They usualy want a visual sent in a jpg format to approve. I was using Corel draw for my work on an xp. One day CimonesUnlimited (the stall curtian maker) got an email back from their client asking why the colors were not what they asked for. CimonesUnlimited did not know....
August 5th 08 02:47 AM
by Clevo[_49_] Go to last post
4 269
Windows Media Center with no Internet Connection by tito
I just bought a new PC with Vista Premium. As I was setting my Windows Media Center to be able to view Off-the-Air HD local channels, I recieved an error in downloading the tv schedule from the internet. Well, I don't have internet access at home and was wondering how I can view free local HD channels without going thru the internet download? I have a ASTC video card and a HD antenna...
August 4th 08 12:06 PM
by Tulsaboyw[_3_] Go to last post
2 240
audio problems by heather
hi, perhaps someone can help. running vista ultimate, no issues; sigmatel hidef codec; suddenly lost all sound, system, CD, wmp etc, all i can hear is this weird popping echoing noise - only change was i installed real to listen to amazon sampler; but uninstalled, ran cc cleaner, system restore etc; no joy. drivers up to date, un/reinstalled...nothing. any help, please?
August 4th 08 09:55 AM
by heather Go to last post
1 243
Windows DVD burner dvd won't play in dvd player by Robin
Hi, I've been trying to get a dvd made with Windows dvd burner to play in my school Samsung dvd/vcr player. One made using a Memorex DVD+R lightscribe dvd made using this program (under windows Vista) worked fine. When I made one using a Memorex DVD-R on the same computer with the same software settings, it would not load. HOWEVER when I made one using a Memorex DVD-R using Nero 6.6 (on...
August 3rd 08 10:23 PM
by nemesis Go to last post
1 211
PapaJohn's Newsletters and Articles by PapaJohn
For info, there's a new page on my website.... a table of contents with links to my 193 published newsletters and about 50 Bright Hub articles... here's the direct link to the page. http://www.papajohn.org/PapaJohn-Articles.html -- website references are to www.papajohn.org PapaJohn (MVP)
August 3rd 08 08:42 PM
by John Inzer Go to last post
1 220
Import media center recorded tv file into movie maker by coxrb
How can I convert the dvr.ms format into something that movie maker will import?
August 3rd 08 08:00 PM
by meerkat[_5_] Go to last post
1 220
ICon images by iMarriedMyself
Why can default icons get larger when I choose to view folders in explorer larger ? What is the size of such an icon ? Problem is when I make my own icon, it doesn't show large like that even when my icon size is made at 150x150 Any here out there ?
August 3rd 08 02:52 AM
by iMarriedMyself Go to last post
0 199
No Video on Movie Maker Import from DV Camera in wmv format by Sate
Clicking Import from DV Camera in Vista Movie Maker and choosing one of the wmv formats (rather than avi) results in green screen with audio in MM. It's not the file, as the same green screen file in MM plays in WMP and works on my old Windows XP MM program on another computer. Import from DV Camera using the avi format works fine in MM, but takes 13g per hour as opposed to 2g per hour for...
August 2nd 08 06:26 PM
by John Inzer Go to last post
1 202
Pls recommend me a Music player! by dudelidu
Hi, Since Vista and WMP11 can't do the simple task of continuing a track after it goes to sleep but rather plays it from the beginning when awakening, I need a new Music player. I only play music from my HDD, I don't download, don't buy online, don't watch videos etc. I’m simply playing music. and that’s it. So instead of me downloading a bunch of players and trying to see if they...
August 2nd 08 09:17 AM
by dudelidu Go to last post
2 208
pHOTO gALLERY by Vipfae
i SIMPLY WANT TO KNOW HOW i CAN GET MY PHOTOS IN SEQUENCE SO THAT i CAN PLAY A SLIDESHOW. NO MATTER WHAT I DO THE PHOTOS APPEAR DISARRANGED
August 2nd 08 06:48 AM
by Jeff Richards Go to last post
5 202
Help with photo import format by shlov1
I just imported my photos from my camera using the import feature and I have a question about the format. The created file is in the day, month, year format. Is there a way to change it to the traditional US month, day, year format? Thanks. -- shlov1
August 2nd 08 06:27 AM
by Jeff Richards Go to last post
1 244
Burning CDRs by Lisa[_5_]
I am unable to burn music to a CDR. I have no problem burning DVDs. When I burn CDRs they play on my laptop and desktop but do not play in my car. In re-reading the instructions, it says to rip the files first but when I do this, I get a message that I must insert a CD. A Cd in already inserted in the drive. Can anyone help me?
August 1st 08 11:37 PM
by oscar Go to last post
2 227
WMM imports .avi file as audio only by Marc Wilson
I can play my .avi's in WMP fine, but when I import to Windows Movie Maker it only imports the audio (even though WMM recognizes it as a video file with an ..avi extension). I get no error messages anywhere.
August 1st 08 10:44 PM
by kalleaume Go to last post
2 205
MAKE MY IPOD COMPATABLE WITH WINDOWS VISTA !!! by Doubledime01
I just bought a brand new ipod nano and i have been having nothing but problems trying to download my songs to my ipod. everytime i plug the usb cable from my ipod to my computer the computer does not recognize the device. I have gone back and fourth with apple and compaq to try and resolve the problem but i just keep getting the run around. I was told by the rep. at apple to call microsofts...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 1st 08 09:17 PM
by Icky[_3_] Go to last post
12 415
Media player won't play netflix online movies by nate39
I just installed vista 32 bit last week. I immediately found out that the DRM files won't play netflix movies. I have read even on MS website that this is sometimes a problem and installed their "fixes" but nothing has helped. If I use a Dsub video connection it works but not with DVI. I am not watching HD movies and so can't see a reason why this is happening. Netflix is aware of the...
August 1st 08 07:40 PM
by oscar Go to last post
7 251
Codecs/WAV/WMM by ultrastupido
I was trying to import a WAV file into Movie Maker after learning that MP3 is not accepted(what a waste of half an hour). Everytime I try I am told that I need a codec. What particular codec do I need for WAVs?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 1st 08 07:08 PM
by oscar Go to last post
12 385
downloading pictures from Walmart Digital CD to computer by KatieMom
I have been trying to download pics from cd to computer-I get one downloaded on one program then it doesn't work again-then I try another way and that works once but not again-my pics are in two different locations How do I download them in one place?
July 31st 08 07:30 PM
by zachd [MSFT] Go to last post

From The