Can't print pix from burned DVD+RW by Bob S
I have a DVD+RW disc on which I burned camera pictures. When I open a picture from the disc, it opens in Windows Photo Gallery and has various choices across the top including Print. When I try to print the picture, I get a "Print Pictures Error" stating "Windows can't find this picture. You might have specified the wrong location, or you have lost access to a network connection, Check the...
May 29th 08 03:28 PM
by Bob S Go to last post
2 213
No Sound on Windows XP by Briscoeat
I need some advice on how to fix the sound on my computer. I recently cleared some space on my computer by deleting programs I didn't use, but nothing to do with the sound. Now I lost sound and when I try to play music or a DVD the video will play but no sound. The message says a sound device isn't installed or is being used by another program comes up. I have tried all of the...
May 29th 08 09:35 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
2 168
Canon FB620U Scanner by IDAssociatesLLC
Has anyone gotten this old scanner to work ? Canon is not going to update the drivers.....
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 29th 08 09:31 AM
by Fast-Eddie[_4_] Go to last post
10 322
DVD-ROM MISSING by A J M Nunes da Silva
With my PC I do have 2 internal DVD/CD-ROM and another external via USB. All 3 disappeared from "My Computer" and from "Disc Manager" and I am now unable to use anyone of them. But in "Device Manager" they are shown with a yellow mark and a "!". If I uninstall anyone of them and reboot it will appear again in "Device Manager" with that mark. If I try to update its controller the Windows...
May 29th 08 09:31 AM
by brummyfan Go to last post
2 163
No COM or LPT1 ports by Thrasher
I am trying to install an internal PCI dialup modem using the Hardware Installation Wizard. I get as far as selecting the driver and the next step is to select a port. However there are no ports to select from(Using Xp for example, the selection would have included COM1, COM2, LPT1, ...etc) What do I do now ?, Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
May 29th 08 06:45 AM
by Mengedal Go to last post
1 160
connecting your computer to a tv by ByrdieMamma
how can I connect my laptop to My big screen tv?
May 29th 08 05:58 AM
by propman[_2_] Go to last post
2 135
2 External USB HD for XP and ME by New Orleans Novice[_3_]
Hi, I have 2 PC's. 1 with XP with an External USB HD. The 2nd PC has Win ME. Is there such a thing as an External USB HD that will work with Win ME? Where, when and how can I purchase it and install it? Thanks for your help and tips ; Novice @ New Orleans Louisiana "Imagination...is the irrepressible revolutionist."
May 28th 08 11:39 PM
by Norman[_4_] Go to last post
3 190
Multiple Microsoft cordless desk sets by Kev
Is it possible to add another Optical desk 700 keyboard and mouse _adjacent_ to an existing set with both systems working without interference from each other ? Would this also be the case for any combination of Microsoft wireless desk sets (not including bluetooth) ?
May 28th 08 11:34 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
2 231
Disable microphone by Calo_moguluser
Need some help. I was having problems with the microphone. On the Control panelHardware & sound SoundRecording tab: The microphone option. By mistake I disable the "microphone option" Now the icon for microphone has disappear. It is like the sound card does not recognize the built in microphone for my laptop. I have tried to reinstall the Sound card driver and was unsuccesfull. Any ideas...
May 28th 08 10:20 PM
by Calo_moguluser Go to last post
0 108
CD/DVD ROM error by SageHunter
i cant get my new computer to read my cdrom drive.. it works fine on windows xp the machine i got it from. but when i put it in this one it stopped working.. btw ive tried everything from windows help.. and it didnt work.. there was no upper and lower filters to delete from the registry. any help would be appreciated thanks -- SageHunter
May 28th 08 09:53 PM
by SageHunter Go to last post
2 155
Nikon D40 not recognized - MTP/PTP not working? by Gerard
The D40 is a MTP/PTP device. When I connect it, Vista asks for a driver CD. The CD with the camera does not have a (correct) driver. I thought that MTP/PTP devices were recognized by Vista (Home Premium) without additional drivers? Some web searches suggested that a mdwmdmsp.dll should be present on my system -- search cannot find it. Any ideas on how I can see that MTP drivers, WMDM...
May 28th 08 09:04 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
3 137
Vista only Recognizes one of my 3 harddrives... help? by abshero
Hi, I just installed Window's Vista Ultimate 64-bit on my new build. I have 3 harddrives installed (2 150gb and 1 640 gb). My BIOS reads all 3, but when vista is booted, I only have a C: drive available (one of my 150 gb). None of my drives are in a Raid array. Can anyone inform me how to get vista to recognize the other 2 drives? Thanks in advance.
May 28th 08 05:55 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
6 145
External eSATA invisible in Vista - OK in XP (dual-boot) by Rob
My external eSATA drive is not visible in My Computer in Vista, but on the same PC (dual-boot) it is there in Win XP Pro. This has occured since a BIOS update that coincided with some Windows updates in Vista. If I go in Disk Management, I can see DISK 0 (that disk, yes), Dynamic, Offline. If I try the ''reactivate'' process suggested by Microsoft, I do not see that option (to reactivate)...
May 28th 08 05:51 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 145
Blue screen: win32k.sys by Claudia
Hello! I need help! I don't know what's going on with my lap top! My lap have 3GB and lately theres a blue screen that says page_fault... and that is a error of win32k.sys! Any ideas whats going on???!!
May 28th 08 05:47 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 122
data d by roddy[_2_]
HI, I get a message come up on my vista Acer, the Data d disk is nearly full, how do I cure this problem as the recycle bin is empty??? and do I need to do anything about it, will it fill up? puter is 7months old, step by step instructions please not extreemly comp literate. Rod:confused: -- roddy
May 28th 08 02:48 PM
by roddy[_2_] Go to last post
6 162
Microsoft Sidewinder Strategic Commander by Carlos Sosa Albert
Hi guys, I own this (¿prehistoric?) device and I reaaally like it. But recently I upgraded my computer and move on to Vista SP1 (32 bits) for several reasons. But I find that the (¡prehistoric!) software won't work. It won't even install, the setup.exe just stays there without doing nothing. And I have no way to configure the device.
May 28th 08 10:14 AM
by BODYPRINT[_8_] Go to last post
5 136
USB devices not present after suspend mode (!?) by Volkan Senguel
Hi, since the SP1 are installed i have this behaviour that if the PC was in the suspend (standby) mode and wakes up all usb devices are out off function (!?) this hapens not every time, only (i asume) around 5% from the wakup! the pc its a mediacenter and if no usb devices are available like the remote control, keyboard or mouse... its not funny is there a way that vista can...
May 28th 08 09:04 AM
by Volkan Senguel Go to last post
0 166
Lacie two big, Photoshop and eSATA by damocles[_9_]
Hi there, I'm thinking about getting a Lacie Two Big external 1TB raid 0 hard drive to use as a scratch disk for Photoshop CS3 connected through my eSATA connection on my motherboard ( Asus p5B deluxe ). Does anyone know if Photoshop will see an eSATA drive and will be able to use it as a scratch disk? Also are eSATA speeds really the same as internal SATA drives?
May 28th 08 06:32 AM
by damocles[_9_] Go to last post
6 172
Vista Ultimate x64 4GB RAM Problem by Zakken
I'm currently running Windows Vista Ultimate x64, and I have 4 x 1GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 RAM installed. My motherboard is an "EVGA 122-CK-NF63-TR NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI", with a E660 Core2Duo Processor. When I first installed Vista, it recognized all 4GB's and everything was peachy, but after I updated to Service Pack 1 it will only recognize 2814MB's of RAM. I've uninstalled SP1, in hopes of...
May 28th 08 03:05 AM
by Dustin Harper Go to last post
1 143
New nVidia GeForce WHQL Release 175.16 -- 13 May 2008 by Cal Bear '66[_2_]
New nVidia GeForce WHQL Release 175.16 -- 13 May 2008: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us WHQL driver for GeForce 6, 7, and 8 series GPUs. Added support for NVIDIA 3-way SLI Technology. Added support for GeForce 8800 GTS 512 GPU. Recommended driver for the latest DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and OpenGL applications.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 28th 08 02:09 AM
by Dave Go to last post

From The