Blank screen with flashing cursor upper left corner by Damalulu
Computer is HP with XP. I was downloading drivers for my cell phone USB cable. After it downloaded it said I must re-boot for it to take effect. I did this and now when it turns on there is a blank screen with a flashing cursor in the upper left corner. Nothing else. What can I do? I must have downloaded a virus or something, who knows. How can I get it to boot up so I can see what is...
June 2nd 08 10:30 PM
by Mike Go to last post
3 255
Strange mouse happenings??? by richg99[_3_]
Up until a few days ago, my mouse(s) ( both my notebook pad and my wireless Mouse) worked "normally". That is, I could highlight text by holding the control key down; pressing the left button and then could copy/paste that elsewhere. That still happens on my Windows mail items. However, whenever I now go to a "dialog box' in a web site...and try to do the same thing,, highlight the text and...
June 2nd 08 06:24 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
4 216
After reinstalling Vista, cannot use Backup wizard to restore files by ColorStruck
ON SUNDAY MARCH 2ND I DECIDED TO REINSTALL VISTA HOME PREMIUM BECAUSE I COULDN'T GET WINDOWS MEDIA CENTER TO WORK. AFTERWARDS, WHEN I PLUGGED IN MY SEAGATE EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE AND TRIED TO USE THE BACKUP WIZARD I SAW THIS MESSAGE: -\"THE DISK CONTAINING THE BACKUP IS NOT ACCESSIBLE. PLEASE MAKE SURE IT IS TURNED ON AND CONNECTED TO THE COMPUTER.\" -I PANICKED AT FIRST BECAUSE I THOUGHT THIS...
June 2nd 08 06:15 PM
by Mescalero Go to last post
9 249
When are Microsoft going to fix Intellipoint? 6.1, 6.2 they are all the same for Vista users. by LX[_2_]
See this link: http://forum.cubase.net/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=99009&sid=8eb8265b0fde250ed1d3b0ff52edd418
June 2nd 08 02:08 PM
by LX[_2_] Go to last post
0 205
audio device help by A-Nightmare
whenever you plug your headphones or microphone or speakers into any of the jacks on your PC, it comes up in the little box and asks you what you plugged into the jack. i accidentally unchecked something and now whenever i plug things in it wont detect anything in those sound device sockets at the back, how do i turn the auto detecting thing back on?
June 2nd 08 10:26 AM
by A-Nightmare[_2_] Go to last post
5 178
dual monitors stopped working suddenly in vista by FoulPlay
Hello, I have an average ATI dual DVI card, i been using it in this pc for about a month or so and had no problems with dual monitors, i lost power last night and when i turned my comp on, dual monitors will not work, it shows the start up stuff on both screens like the bios and loading and such, but as soon as vista boots up the other screen goes black, i try enabling it but it doesnt do...
June 1st 08 10:43 PM
by revogamer Go to last post
1 131
Zune Code 10 Device cannot start by DHaynes331
I have successfully used my zune for several months now. Recently I tried to sync it and the driver install failed. Device manager says "Code 10 device cannot start" The zune works fine on another computer running xp Zune support said it is a vista problem Vista support couldn't figure it out and said it was a zune problem and I should talk to zune people The support people and I tried...
June 1st 08 10:33 PM
by dogcow Go to last post
1 183
Playstation Portable (PSP) by Taigana
Keep getting error messages when downloading music/pics to PSP. It'll starting copying (takes a long time) then an error message stating it cannot locate the file I am trying to acess. When I check the PSP thefile downloaded & plays for about 5 secs then an error message "corrupted data". I've tried on another computer and everything works just fine (including all cables), but when I try on...
June 1st 08 07:08 PM
by Taigana Go to last post
0 141
8885 errors in 24 hours by timb
my system is reporting this error repeatedly in spurts... 8,885 times in 24 hours... i don't even have a "\Device\Video4"... how on earth do i decipher and correct this ???????? Log Name: System Source: nvlddmkm Date: 12/5/2007 7:59:23 PM Event ID: 14 Task Category: None Level: Error
June 1st 08 06:38 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
6 174
external HD enclosure-fitted Seagate 160gb by elltell
taken from computer with failed motherboard- will not work in Vista home premium. It is recognised in drive list but will not open. Enclosure supplier stated that Vista will not recognise as it was FAT 32. Any ideas on this problem?
June 1st 08 04:23 PM
by wysiwyg Go to last post
7 157
Internal UPS that is compatible with vista? by Leon_Amirreza
Internal UPS that is compatible with vista? Is any1 aware of a UPS vendor that sells UPS's with these specifications: 1- Internal (replacement for pc power supply) for Core duo or core quad 2- suitable for small business or home business 3- no need for more than 5 min batteries (but can accept arbitary number of battery for longer power failure periods) 4- external batteries for easy...
June 1st 08 02:13 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
4 171
Errors on (C:) Drive by Jason
I have a Gateway P-6822 laptop. I am running Windows Vista 32-bit. When I try to restore my computer to an earlier time, I recieve a message that my (C:) drive has errors. When I go into my (C:) properties, and tell it to search for and fix errors, it tells me that this operation cannot be completed while (C:) is in use. It ask if I would like to schedule a check up the next time I restart...
June 1st 08 01:49 PM
by DL Go to last post
2 175
HD Camcorder - HDMI port on Laptop ? by Jason
I recently bought a HD Camcorder. I bought Pinnacle Studio Ultimate to edit my film. I am able to connect my camcorder to my laptop using USB, but the software doesn't recognize my camera. It says I need to use Firewire or 1394 port. When I hook my camera up with HDMI, the camera and computer do not recognize each other. I know the HDMI works, because I've used it for my TV. I am not sure...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 1st 08 12:45 PM
by Jason Go to last post
26 500
USB phone by allevic
Hi, can anyone help please? I have Windows Home Premium installed on my laptop. I have been using a USB phone (perfectone UP-10) to make calls through skype and Net2Phone for around 6 months. Suddenly unable to use. Downloaded driver again but now don't have the facility to use USB audio device. Th eonly options are windows detault device or Realtek High Defination Audio. I used to have the...
June 1st 08 08:57 AM
by allevic Go to last post
0 171
Only Recording Left Channel by Dover Jeff
I'm trying to record from my turntable (through my receiver's headphone jack) to my Dell XPS-420 using Roxio Creator Premier 9. The stereo is cabled into my computer's line-in jack. For some reason I'm only seeing volume in the left channel. Could this be my cabling? I'm using the extension cable (1/4") which I use with my headphones so I know that one is stereo. This is attached to an...
June 1st 08 04:14 AM
by Cal Bear '66[_2_] Go to last post
7 186
multiple monitors by Bruce H
i just purchased a quad-four system that has 2 monitor plugs. I am able to define a main monitor and extend the desktop onto the second monitor. What i want to do is run my desktop on one monitor and start applications such as excel worksheets that will display on the second monitor. What do I need to do to make this happen? -- Bruce H Thanks for your help
June 1st 08 12:53 AM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_3_] Go to last post
2 196
eSATA Drive Question by pbl
I need to get a new external HDD for my laptop and I'm thinking of getting an eSATA drive. My question is this: Can any HDD be turned into an eSATA drive by housing it an enclosure which has an eSATA port or is there something special about SATA drives? I'm not sure whether I should buy an already enclosed SATA or buy the HDD and the enclosure separately (cheaper option). Thanks for your help.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 31st 08 07:42 PM
by Paul[_2_] Go to last post
36 1,217
Vista Media center does not recognize TV card....... by rebell
I have a HP 3121 Slimline computer that came with a built in ViSX Pure TV-U 48A3 (NTCS) card. I upgraded my computer to Vista Ultimate a couple of months back. Whenever I open up the Media Center, then go to 'TV Set Up', I get an error box indicating that 'Media Center is unable to open tv manager because a TV card/device is not detected'. I can then go to the device manager under the...
May 31st 08 02:56 PM
by dgmacmi Go to last post
2 188
USB Ports Gone by StevenBuske
I have an Acer Aspire 9300 Notebook. MY 4 USB ports just stopped working simutaneously one day. According to my computer they are enabled and working fine. There are no new updates and they dont work if I un-install and re-install them. I have tried a lot and do not know what to do.
May 31st 08 02:49 PM
by dgmacmi Go to last post
1 159
Trouble Typing Certain Letters by *clueless
My cordless keyboard model is S 510. I am having trouble typing letters r, t, f, g, v, and b. They don't appear no matter how many times I press the keys. The only way I have been able to type them is by repositioning my keyboard at odd angles. Each time I restart my computer, it's a different position. The letters never work when I just lay my keyboard flat on my desk. Please help. =[
May 31st 08 02:41 PM
by Charlie Tame Go to last post

From The