Updating network adapter driver problem by Andee39
I recently purchased a USB network adapter b/c my ethernet adapter stopped working. I have discovered there is a later version driver available but when I try to update the driver I get a message stating the latest version driver is already installed. I called tech support for the adapter (Linksys) and they said it is a Windows issue since there device is working otherwise. We tried...
February 27th 09 05:22 PM
by DL Go to last post
3 157
Installing Canon 9950F Scanner by A. Davis
I have a Canon 9950F Scanner that I used on another computer that had Windows XP operating system. I want to use this scanner on my new Dell XPS computer with Vista Premium Home Edition. I have talked to Canon and they downloaded the new Vista compatible software for installation of this scanner. However, when we try to install this software, the scanner is not recognized and does not...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 27th 09 03:41 PM
by theanswer[_4_] Go to last post
17 306
Vista Try's to format all discs inserted into my DVD drive by punxpunx22
i have vista ultimate 64... my auto play wont work. any disc i insert into my dvd drives arent recognized... say i insert a game dvd vista asks if i would like to format the disk. -- punxpunx22
February 27th 09 03:32 PM
by Alexander A. Kharin Go to last post
2 169
Looking for Gadmei USB 2.0 UTV330+ TV BOX Vista Drivers by Speccyman
Hi, I have a Gadmei USB 2.0 UTV330+ TV BOX that comes with XP Drivers. However, when I plug it into Vista, guess what, it does not recognise the devices. It shows it as USB 2681 when installing, and the XP Drivers of course do not work. I have sent an email to GADMEI, but does anyone out there have a
February 27th 09 03:03 PM
by herdmay1 Go to last post
1 389
B.S.O.D Resume by jonesscott
started http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/212273-bsod-help.html#post974508 resuming it here. I Just got a blue screen a minute ago, same code 0x00000101 'Bug Check 0x101: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT' (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa469194.aspx) Any suggestions on how my bluescreens will go away?
February 27th 09 01:00 AM
by e01b48[_3_] Go to last post
1 174
Is keyboard intelltype6.,3 same as microsfoft wireless lazer 6000 by bplucas
I have disc for intelltype only. I want to get the keys set up. can you help me,? -- casey
February 26th 09 08:43 PM
by bplucas Go to last post
0 119
February 26th 09 03:06 PM
by Dave[_29_] Go to last post
2 195
IPAQ HX4700, Vista & Win Mobile Device Center by Bob
Hi I have :- Windows Vista Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 Outlook 2003 HP iPAQ 4700
February 26th 09 10:11 AM
by Grandpa[_2_] Go to last post
1 145
Canonscan D1250 U2 drivers vista 64Bits by Uyyy
Hello. I have this scanner but it doesn't get any drivers for windows vista 64bits. I have tried install vuescan software but it shows there is no scanner installed. Any idea ? Thanks.
February 26th 09 04:05 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 150
Labtop will now startup windows by RyanJake
I turn on my labtop, i select, "Start Windows Normally" then it loads... Then a blue screen pops up for a few seconds. I wrote down what it said and at the bottom of it, it had something maybe important info. I dont know what it means, but maybe someone else does. this is what it said at the bottom: Technical Information *** STOP: 0x0000024 (0x0019023, 0x82F71218, 0xC0000102, 0x00000000)
February 25th 09 10:53 PM
by RyanJake Go to last post
1 120
Fault bucket 0xD1_netr70+2840d by Timbazar
Name Linksys Wireless-G USB Network Adapter Adapter Type Ethernet 802.3 Product Type Linksys Wireless-G USB Network Adapter Installed Yes PNP Device ID USB\VID_13B1&PID_000D\5&35E57079&0&5 Last Reset 26-2-2009 0:29 Index 7 Service Name rt70x86 IP Address 192.168.100.103, fe80::e5c5:e8f2:979c:8311 IP Subnet 255.255.255.0, 64
February 25th 09 10:49 PM
by Timbazar Go to last post
0 122
Recommendation for a NAS by BrianB
I'm thinking of adding a NAS device to my home network and would love any recommendations. I'm looking for something around 1TB with RAID 1 or 5 that works with 64-bit Vista and Win XP. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance Brian
February 25th 09 05:40 PM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post
3 128
nvidia cards & drivers by Pete Gomersall
All - I have found that Geoforce/Quadro cards & Vista driver x32 & x64 prevent a users profile from unloading from memory. This prevents roaming profiles from work properly for example. This is also true for Windows 7 nvidia beat drivers from Windows Update. Pete Gomersall
February 25th 09 04:26 PM
by Pete Gomersall Go to last post
0 120
ultimate x64 constantly freezing by Javca
Ok i have already checked every component, and everything is ok. Even Ubuntu works perfect but wtf is wrong with vista.Every day about 5,6 times it freeze. Anybody have any idea Here is Dxdiag. Yea and one more thing it also freeze when i start firefox or utorrent now i have to work on IE and Azerus, anybody have any idea. Thnx ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of...
February 25th 09 02:24 PM
by Javca Go to last post
0 126
Windows can't Shut dpwn by angel
Hi I have this message when I resume windows Windows was recovered from unexpected shutdowm when I check for solution: Problem caused by your audio software
February 25th 09 01:45 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 144
Camera Driver Causing BSOD by Rick95051
I bought a Logitech Quickcam for laptops about half a year ago, and it has always given me problems, especially when using it with Windows Live. I simply can't get through the Webcam setup without Data Exclusion Prevention stopping me. It says it shuts Window Live down, but it doesn't, and when I connect using the web cam, my master volume changes whenever the mic built into the webcam picks...
February 25th 09 04:54 AM
by Rick95051 Go to last post
0 149
DVD burner won't recognize blank DVD's by Mavalcar
I insert a blank DVD and the computer won't even recognize that there is a disk in the drive. I've used these blank DVD's to burn movies on several other computers, and those DVD's that have movies on them, from the exact same stack of blank DVD's open up and play the movie perfectly, it's only the blank DVD's that are not being recognized...... This is really frusterating..... Help me...
February 24th 09 11:45 PM
by blegs38552[_3_] Go to last post
5 216
troubleshooting vista STOP ERROR or BLUE SCREEN by clara
My computer keeps shutting down unexpectedly and restards after that. The problem is called stop error or blue screen. IN the Event viewer the problem is referred to as a fault bucket 0xD1_yk60x86+26db0, type0. The system computers details are the following: OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Business Version 6.0.6000 Build 6000 OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Manufacturer Sony...
February 24th 09 11:36 PM
by tanuj_chadha[_8_] Go to last post
2 154
Physical RAM being reported incorrectly in Everest by tomkat2006
I have 8GB RAM (4x2GB sticks), works fine to my knowledge, and shows up on the main screen, and in the BIOS as 8GB. Good stuff. However, recently in order to try and improve boot speeds I went into the pagefile and set it as 0 after reading that it isnt needed with this ammount of ram. After rebooting I went into msconfig's advanced boot screen, set the number of processors to 4 and MAX RAM... ...
February 24th 09 08:31 PM
by Paul Shapiro Go to last post
5 173
Battery not detected intermittently by Lazerlike42
I'm a very capable user running a Dell E1505 here. The battery lasted less than a year, and then I replaced it with a brand new battery. This has been in there for at most a month now. The past two days I have had an interesting situation going on. The computer is running Vista Home Premium, and it's running on AC. The battery seems to be working fine. It's detected fine, the PC runs off...
February 24th 09 06:40 PM
by Mike Torello Go to last post

From The