Creative Mixer by User66
I am running a fairly old Sound Blaster PCI 128 program in Windows XP Pro. I have to admit that it does have a wonderful WAV file Editor, that makes it worthwhile. So much for that. Here is my problem. As I boot, here comes a notice with title "Creative Mixer", "Can't register tray icon." Creative Wave Studio - works OK Creative MiniDisk Center - works OK Creative Keytar - works OK Creative...
April 11th 09 04:54 AM
by Mike Torello Go to last post
3 249
The file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. by ndrepebx
Hi there, I'm having an error (*The file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. create an association in the set Associations controll panel)* only when i try to play a DVD or a CD though, the autostart menu doesn't appear when i insert the disk and if I double click on the cd or dvd the error appears. I tried Merging the .exe file but didn't fix anything Any...
April 10th 09 07:59 AM
by THE C. [MS MVP] Go to last post
1 268
HP is screwing me around - what can I do? by pdsnickles[_2_]
I have a brand new HP Pavilion desktop and the first two days it gave me blue screens of death. Subsequently I had an expert look at the .dmp files and Windows/System logs that show the unrecoverable events and he said that it clearly shows a -hardware -problem and that I should tell HP and get a new computer. (I have had it just 4 days longer than Best Buy's return policy was in effect...
April 10th 09 03:22 AM
by pdsnickles[_2_] Go to last post
9 266
Partitioning a computers Hard disk by Justin
How do you exactly partition a hard drive or can some one tell me a good place to get a partitioning program or website for a free partitioning program downlaod and what is a good program cause i want to get a good program and not a peice of crud. THX to whoever answers to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
April 9th 09 08:10 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
6 242
Activation IS CRAP!!! please help by s10480
Okay i recently updated with a core2 quad processor and a new gigabyte mobo, and now my vista is no longer activated and i found my CD key using some winproductkey finder program, and got it, its been activated for about a year now, and now its asking to activate it. I tried just typing in the CD key again and i get error 0xC004E003 Please help i just want to reactivate it. It also had no...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 9th 09 07:03 PM
by Curious[_5_] Go to last post
15 483
Missing entry: RunDLLEntry by Wiggins
Everytime Windows Vista Home Premium starts up I receive this error message: "Error in C:\Windows\system32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\LXCFtime.dll Missing entry: RunDLLEntry" Can anyone please help me with this? Email me at: Thanks.
April 9th 09 01:42 PM
by alandsuse[_3_] Go to last post
9 290
Unsuccessful backup. I/O device error (0x8007045D) by JSKY
Hi, I`m new here. I have 2 external HDD, one 1TB is always connected to PC and another 250GB pocket one is only for additional back up of back up. Both of them were formatted in order to be able to do Back Up PC. I was successful only 2 times with back up and now it doesn`t work. I get this error I/O device error (0x8007045D). I tried advice as quoted here below, but unfortunately it didn`t work...
April 9th 09 03:32 AM
by sparkleban Go to last post
2 200
mouse shuts on/off and cannot be restarted by chemicaluser
I've been having problems with my usb mouse for the past few weeks, basically it turns on/off and usually once it shuts off it takes hours for it to work again, and once it does its only for a few minutes. anyways, i've tried things from installing intelliPoint and searching for updates, even reinstalling vista but a few minutes in the mouse stopped working. if anyone has any suggestions it...
April 9th 09 12:32 AM
by chemicaluser Go to last post
2 217
Blue Screen question by dunmysr
I am getting a blue screen releated to my wireless networking....the fault bucket listed in on the error reporting is.... 0xD1_MRVW147+35e30, type 0 When i restart my computer it says it has to do with wireless hardware or software. I am using an ethernet cable with my wireless card turned off right now, and so far no blue screen. I have received the same blue screen 4 times today. Have not...
April 8th 09 10:32 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 186
problems with external hard drive by crazystargrl
Hey, I'm having some problems with my Rock mobile disk external hard driver. Maybe somebody can help? I have an external hard drive that I use to store all my music on (I just moved all my music from iTunes on there a few weeks ago). It was working fine and all of a sudden it doesn't show up at all on my Windows Vista even though it used to. It used to not show up on my disk management, but I...
April 8th 09 10:05 PM
by calwolfe Go to last post
4 191
Quick formating Q by protocol
Hey guys I've been using Vista ultimate as my primary OS for some time and have been wanting a change, so i shrunk and formatted 110GB or my 1TB HDD and installed windows server 2008. Now ive transfered all my nessesary stuff onto the server partition and i am ready to format my vista install and expand my server 2008 partition.
April 8th 09 09:38 PM
by andy Go to last post
1 209
Which ram should I buy? by greeneggsandham
I have just purchased an asus P5Q-EM motherboard 'ASUSTeK Computer Inc.' (http://www.asus.com/Product.aspx?P_ID=jR7eO7eY08cBntsR&content=specifications) Which supports 1066 but on the Asus site it has in the ram specs listed as 1066(O.C.)/ I guess meaning overclocked? It has front side bus speeds of 1600/1333/1066/800 MHz Ive looked at to ram options to buy but I'm not sure which speed...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 8th 09 05:34 PM
by greeneggsandham Go to last post
10 470
Clean Install of Vista Home Premium by Jerry
I'm presently running Win XP Home (OEM Version with Gateway 2.6 GHZ Desktop). Is it possible to do a clean install of Win Vista Home Premium using the upgrade version, or will I have to do an upgrade? Will Vista reqognize my OEM Win XP disk as proof of ownership? Thanks in advance, Jerry -- --------------------------------------------
April 8th 09 10:53 AM
by coolone610 Go to last post
7 319
Windows Vista shut down problem by Shehzad
I have an HP530 notebook with standard features and 2GB RAM, bought in May 2008. The system comes with a bulit in Windows Vista Home edition. For past few months the system has a painfully slow shutdown, in which has taken from 30 minutes to 9 hours to shutdown after i pressed the shutdown button on the start menu. But lately, since last few weeks, upon pressing shutdown, the system gets in...
April 8th 09 04:27 AM
by chemicaluser Go to last post
3 289
harddisc space changes weird by wincheese
hello, i got a problem about my harddisc. some time ago i had a bit more than 100 gb free space on it, then i was playing some games and had the instant messenger xfire on. after maybe 10 minutes there was only like 10 kb free on my hard disc... i deleted then some temporary files with ccleaner and i had my space back again... how can that be? i mean, temporary files cant take 100 gb space...
April 7th 09 11:36 PM
by wincheese Go to last post
0 254
Keyboard properties (repeat delay/repeat rate) by Turkk
Have been using Vista about 18 months and have never found a cure for this problem: when the computer goes to sleep, the settings for 'repeat delay' and 'repeat rate' are erased. Typing slows down to a crawl, and I have to reset them every time I wake up the computer (I've added a quick link to Keyboard Properties because I know I'll use it at least once a day). Why hasn't there been a fix...
April 7th 09 08:36 PM
by Max Goldman[_2_] Go to last post
5 274
blue screen minidump why by fred54321
c:\windows\minidump\mini040709-02.dmp c:\users\appdata\local\temp\wer-28281-0.sysdata.xml c:\users\appdata\local\temp\wer979c.tmp.version.txt:mad::mad: -- fred54321
April 7th 09 05:41 PM
by fred54321 Go to last post
0 228
Keyboard skipping tet like boardkey by Muhith
I have a strange keyboard problem with Vista Home Premium on a Dell Inspiron 700m Laptop, as when I type the cursor seems to randomly skip to earlier parts of the text. This is very annoying and makes worse of my typos. I can't see any solution for this. I have uninstalled the Standard Microsoft Natural PS/2 keyboard to no effect. If I go back to my XP Pro partition, running XP Pro, all is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 7th 09 05:22 PM
by JenaVera Go to last post
10 332
wireless card automatically disabling by iceykitsune
shortly after i installed SP 1 for vista business my wireless card started to disable itself and stop all traffic. the only way i could get my network back was to reboot the laptop. i have looked in the network connections folder and saw the card was listed as disabled, after trying to enable it it still said it was disabled even tho the enabling... window poped up. i have tried to reinstall...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 6th 09 03:11 PM
by binary1000 Go to last post
10 451
USB Data Recovery - any suggestions? by Cerussatus
The title says it all i guess. One minute it was working, then next minute it wasnt. The Flash drive is a 16GB USB 2.0 made by ByteStor. I have poked around various places, but no software ive come across works - so far. It is recognized by any PC I shove it into as a drive of some sort - But it cant be accessed, whilst claiming it has no space or storage.
April 5th 09 03:22 PM
by Alge Go to last post

From The