Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista A forum for performance and maintenance tasks in Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintainance)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Performance Rating by Robert[_16_]
I have an HP with Intel Cord 2 Quad 2.6. Vista is the 64bit version. The performance rating of 5.1. My problem is that there is no place on the page showing the rating to retry/update. Is this a problem with Vista Home Preimum 64-bit? -- Bob Reed
March 16th 08 08:29 PM
by PaulGo[_8_] Go to last post
1 160
Vista startup problems by mnikkel55
I'm getting a BSOD right when Vista gets to the login screen on startup. The system will boot to safe mode, but I have no idea how to fix it from there. This happened suddenly on a system that has been running stable for 6+ months. At first I thought that perhaps some of my RAM was bad, so I tried booting with just one stick in (I have 4x1gb), but it wouldn't boot on any of them. My other...
March 16th 08 08:20 PM
by AJR Go to last post
4 151
Email problem in Vista Home Premium by Stu Davis
I have a problem with an Email I can't seem to get rid of (see below). How do I remove this email? Thanks, Stu Davis ---------------------------
March 16th 08 07:03 PM
by Bob Go to last post
5 196
screensaver and display functions by brucedoesbms
When running screensaver, my "turn off display" settings do not function either when plugged-in or on battery. When setting times out, it goes back to open window. The display turns off when screensaver is disabled. This occurs on both Windows and Google screensavers and before and after upgrading to Windows Vista Ultimate. How can I best resolve this issue.
March 16th 08 06:56 PM
by brucedoesbms Go to last post
0 149
screen resolution seems to be changing on its own by Matt
About once a week my screen resolution seems to be changing--I think on its own. I do have small kids that sometimes touch the keyboard, so that might have something to do with it, but I don't think so. I say its the resolution, but I am not even sure of that. When it happens the icons get bigger--and webpages font sizes become too big for a page. I have tried manually adjusting the...
March 16th 08 04:02 PM
by Matt Go to last post
0 168
Setup.exe stopped working error message by ERH
Please could someone try and help me. Since receiving some updates from Window my music software has stopped working. I have been advised to uninstall/reinstall the program and not luck. I have done and reversed a system restore and still not luck, but what is worse is that I have now found a solution but due to the system restore I now am unable to uninstall the music program and am...
March 16th 08 03:07 PM
by HarryB Go to last post
1 132
RPS.exe in processes by angie_c
I have noticed that my pc seems to be running something all the time, the little light is forever flashing and it sounds like its doing a lot of work. I clicked on the task manager and the process that seems to be taking up alot of memory and CPU is this RPS.exe. Sometimes it takes up 99% of the CPU usage. What is this and should it really be doing what it is, ie using so much. I'm a bit of a...
March 16th 08 01:14 PM
by Bob Go to last post
1 167
Microsoft Narrator by Salvador
Hi, does someone know how to eliminate Microsoft Narrator, it seems to me very annoying at starup.
March 16th 08 01:43 AM
by Dave Go to last post
1 139
Adding & Mixing RAM.. PLZ HELP!! by xguntherc[_3_]
Ok everyone, bare with me here.. I have a HP Pavillion a6009n with 1024 MB of PC2-4200 DDR2 RAM, It's two of the 512MB GE Force 6150 and all that good stuff My question for the forum is I want to add more RAM. I'm not sure how it all works.. on Circuitcity.com you can enter ur exact comp model number and it finds what ur computer needs.. so I've done that and have decided to get Kingston or...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 16th 08 12:39 AM
by xguntherc[_8_] Go to last post
15 312
Vista home premium disk management query..."Unallocated" space recoverable? by [email protected]
-New Dell machine that shipped with two internal hard drives and arrived in a RAID 1 configuration. -I removed the RAID and some default recovery partitions and associated drive letters with no issues. Well, *almost*. On what is now a non-RAID, 500 GB "C" drive, there are 15 GB showing up as "unallocated" (this used to be a Dell recovery partition of some kind...but I manage my data backups...
March 16th 08 12:15 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 116
Vista system hangs during backup to DVD by Boulevardier
My entire Vista system hangs immediately after I insert the second blank DVD. I'm doing a simple backup of my user files. I'm using Vista Premium standard Backup/restore utility. Vista is fully up to date with patches, minimal software installed because this system is 100% used as a Media Center. Hardware is off the shelf HP Media Center m8067n. NB-This type of backup worked in January,...
March 15th 08 09:58 PM
by Boulevardier Go to last post
0 122
desktop and aol by nancy
Hi, I have windows vista and when there has been an update they restart my computer, when they do that and my desktop comes back up everything is shrunk. My picture and icons are much smaller and the same with my aol. Can I use system restore without loosing the new updates, and if not what do I do to restore everything back to the way it was. Can you please help me, this is maddening....
March 15th 08 09:35 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 125
Sometimes my email doesn't go out by Nannette
I have two email addresses set up in my Vista account, and they both come in sporadically. Sometimes the gmail messages come in, sometimes not. The aol ones always come in. Then when I write mail, SOMETIMES it gets delivered to the person I am sendidng it to, sometimes not, although the mail is marked sent. I checked the outgoing and incoming mail settings on both and they are correct. ...
March 15th 08 09:06 PM
by .Joe[_98_] Go to last post
1 122
how do i edit file properties in vista? by jack
i mean like changing the descriptions, adding comments etc. in XP i could do that by right clicking on a video file for ex and then details, and by clicking on "comment" the mouse crosier would start blinking ready to write in. In vista every thing is locked up there. http://indieweb.co.il/555.jpg
March 15th 08 05:19 PM
by jack Go to last post
0 133
Printer spooler subsys hangs up by ACG
Since the last updates, I cannot print pdf documents which have been generated by scans and attached to emails. The print spooler shuts down, the document hangs up, and has to be cleared manually and the spooler re-started. The problem does not seem to occur with other email attachments, or printing pdf documents stored on my drive
March 15th 08 04:54 PM
by ACG Go to last post
0 121
System restore not working by Salvador
If I try to create a new restore point, all I get is: The request is not supported. 0x80070032. What does it mean?
March 15th 08 04:12 PM
by Bob Go to last post
1 138
Stop Code 7F (834CD0C0) received when remoting into work PC by Booker
Everytime I remote into my PC at work I receive a blue screen with the stop code 7F (8,834CD0C0,0,0) (didn't enter all the 0's and x's). The computer at work is running Windows XP. I have a new Dell Inspiron 1720 laptop runing Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit Intel Core Duo 2 CPU. I updated drivers, cleaned the registry but still get the error at least twice daily in an 8 hour period. I...
March 15th 08 02:19 PM
by Mark[_5_] Go to last post
1 361
Computer Locks Automatically by Kevin_Redmond
Hi there, I'm trying to prevent my computer from locking automatically. NOTE: There is NO screen save enabled & Power Saver settings is at High Performance with 0 time for it to go sleep. Please advise on other configurations or situations that could cause the computer to lock on its own. Thanks
March 15th 08 02:05 PM
by .Joe[_91_] Go to last post
1 133
Start up by Pogo
I haved been experiencing extended start up times. When I looked at my start up programs, I noticed multiple Rundll32.exe each one appears to be identical. I can't figure out how to remove the duplicates. When I highlight them, the "remove" button is not enabled. Should I remove these duplicates? How? Will it reduce my start up time? Thanks -- Pogo
March 15th 08 02:02 PM
by Pogo Go to last post
4 127
RunDLL Loading Error by vakama380
When I boot up my computer (a Dell Inspiron 530s running Vista Home Premium) two error messages pop up. They both say RunDLL at the top and say this in the middle: C:\Users\Isaac\AppData\Local\Temp\(in here one says ddaby.dll and the other says awtss.dll) The specific module could not be found. Should i be worried about this? If so, how do i get rid of it?
March 15th 08 11:30 AM
by vakama380 Go to last post

From The