Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista A forum for performance and maintenance tasks in Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintainance)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
NEW IPHONE VIDEO PROJECTOR PROTOTYPE NOW AVAILABLE LIMITED EDITION by jurgita
This is an exclusive gadget for iphone addict. Perfect gift for christmas only 1000 copy http://iphone-video-projector.com
December 3rd 08 05:03 AM
by jurgita Go to last post
0 222
CPU usage spikes by mikebo
I have a Toshiba notebook with Vista Business installed. Recently I installed tghe sidebar and added the "CPU performance meter" and noticed that it was constantly in motion. Looking at the Performance tab in task manager, I see that the CPU(s) (dual core) are very priodically show spikes. Every 4 to 5 seconds, the usage jumps from perhaps 10% to 70-80 %, and then goes back to 10%. The...
December 2nd 08 07:56 PM
by ripsnort Go to last post
8 358
iexplore.exe error by fftodd28
Does anyone know what the following iexplore.exe application error means: iexplore.exe application error process ID=Oxllcc (4556), Thread ID=Ox1518(5400) This error pops up everytime I try to use the down arrow on the browser bar when trying to use websites I have previously typed in. If anybody can help it would be appreciated.
December 2nd 08 07:06 PM
by fftodd28 via WindowsKB.com Go to last post
3 318
Printer keeps installing by mommyj1027
Everytime I shutdown my computer, when I turn it back on, it installs my printers. I now have multiple copies of each printer. This problem was resolved once before by Compaq tech support but I had to run a recovery and it has resurfaced. I called microsoft and they know what the problem is and told me it was an issue from when Compaq installed windows. They tell me Compaq has to fix it. Compaq...
December 2nd 08 06:22 PM
by mommyj1027 Go to last post
0 263
What is this error? by CraZy6
"Host Process for Windows Service has Stopped and Was Closed" -- CraZy6 Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
December 2nd 08 04:26 PM
by Norman[_5_] Go to last post
3 277
Unable to turn ON Firewall after downloading MSN Live & MSN IM by Ken
I have downloaded MSL Live and IM, now my firewalls; Windows Firewall and Windows Live OneCare are turned off. I have followed OneCares procedures to override and to turn on yet they are not. Note received: Tow or more firewalls running at the same time can conflict with each other. I have NOT removed the programs yet however this is about to occur. Any suggestions? Using Windows Vista My...
December 2nd 08 03:35 PM
by Ken Go to last post
0 245
Cd Driver not reading discs. by lolman14
FYI im not that smart when it comes to computers But i just got this new computer and i have had so many problems with it so far. I have 64 bit vista and no matter what disc i put in it doesnt read it and it doesnt even recognize that there is a disc in. Please Help, Nick -- lolman14
December 2nd 08 09:43 AM
by The C.[_2_] Go to last post
7 294
SD and readyboost by McFly
Has anyone found a 4gb SD card that works with Readyboost? SD seems far more practical to me than USB as I can leave it plugged into my notebook all the time.
December 2nd 08 12:26 AM
by Richie Hardwick[_2_] Go to last post
9 253
Vista Registry open key not identified by Bob Arnett
I'm new in Vista. In WinXP, when I was in the registry, if I did a search and it found an entry value that matched it would be highlighted in the right pane and the icon in the left pane in which the key was located would be an open folder while most icons would remain closed folders. In Vista, however, all the icons are open folders whether or not the currently selected key is in the folder...
December 1st 08 05:18 PM
by Bob Arnett Go to last post
0 222
Icon for Indication of Open Registry Key Folder not working or mis by Bob Arnett
I'm new in Vista. In WinXP, when I was in the registry, if I did a search and it found an entry value that matched it would be highlighted in the right pane and the icon in the left pane in which the key was located would be an open folder while most icons would remain closed folders. In Vista, however, all the icons are open folders whether or not the currently selected key is in the folder...
December 1st 08 05:14 PM
by Bob Arnett Go to last post
0 262
Insert blank CD/DVD, get numerous Event ID 51's? by Milhouse Van Houten
I noticed that whenever I insert either a blank CD or DVD that the System Log fills with, respectively, either 5 or 10 of these: Event ID: 51 "An error was detected on device \Device\CdRom0 during a paging operation." The Event Viewer help indicates it's just an informational message and no action is required, but I'd like to know what's causing it since it's filling up the log. It's...
December 1st 08 11:12 AM
by psr Go to last post
3 280
Restore point size by davdun75[_2_]
From command line vssadmin list shadowstorage, my restore point (shadow copy storage) space is 19.531GB, allocated space is 14.902GB, used space is 14.077GB. However, I can only see TWO System Checkpoint restore points in System Restore. Is this normal? Does the info for two restore points really take that much space? I can't restore to anything earlier than a couple of days ago, to the first of...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 30th 08 11:23 PM
by CJSnet Go to last post
12 466
...need help with Dreamweaver cs3/Vista Business by jagprint
I have tried to install Dreamweaver cs3 on my acer extensa 5620z, running Vista Business 32-bit. I do not get any wrong messages during the installation - all is sucessfully installed. Every time I try to open the program after the installation, it stops at the "initialiazing". I have also tried "selective startup mode" before installing Dreamweaver, but with no luck...:cry: Photoshop,...
November 30th 08 10:32 AM
by jagprint Go to last post
3 271
Computer freezing by confused
My computer keeps freezing, and the screen looks puzzled. I/ve already re-booted it, and did a maintanence scan however that did not help. Any suggestions.
November 30th 08 10:17 AM
by skorpionpc Go to last post
4 233
Event Viewer - Warning by Alex
Hi, I am looking every 2-3 days in my "Event Viewer" to see what events has been created in the meantime. Since I reinstalled my OS ( MS Windows Vista Home Premium x64, Updated to SP1 ), everytime when I shutdown my PC in "Applications" ( from "Event Viewer" ) I receive 2 warnings: " Windows detected your registry file is still in use by other applications or
November 29th 08 11:07 PM
by GTS Go to last post
2 238
Windows Vista hangs at shutting down screen by dennybeg
Hi! (windows Home premium) My laptop won't shutdown, It gets to the Windows is shutting down screen and then hangs.........forver! I can shut it down by using the power button but when turning back on I get a message that says Windows vista was not shut down correctly. Would anybody know how I can fix this problem? :confused: Thanks in anticiaption Denise
November 29th 08 06:20 PM
by Flavius Go to last post
2 286
Uninstall program recommendation please by ***In2Ndo***
Hello, New to Win Vista, last used XP-Pro. If I remember correctly. uninstalling programs would live junk in the system and registry. Is there a program that will take care of program uninstalling taking care of all the junk and registry? or is Vista taking care of this? Thank you Oscar A.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 29th 08 06:09 PM
by The Max[_2_] Go to last post
29 768
Svchost application deleted today by Mangel
Whenever I start or reboot my computer I get the window of Svchost Properties, with the message that this application was "deleded today". Even if I accept the Restore option it will come up next time I reboot. Does anybody know the implications and howto fix this ?
November 29th 08 05:28 PM
by Mangel Go to last post
4 254
ewaldbiemans by ewaldbiemans
my vista vaio has a serious problem whe i try to reply to an e-mail there is a lag time of about 45 sec to over minute untile the page opens - same for forwarding an e-mail when i try t delete an e-mail on the ouch pad it deletes 3-4 messages if i click on the browser on my moucepad it opens 3 and four times the same web page I have returned the vaio to Sony for repair and they changed the...
November 29th 08 10:57 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 281
Startup Hangs & Repair Cannot Fix by NYCorBUST
_*COMPUTER_INFORMATION*_ Gateway DX4640-ub101a Vista 64bit w/ SP1 NVIDIA GeForce2100 4 GB DDR2 Intel Pentium Dual -Core E2000 Dual Core Computer. _*NOTED_SOFTWARE*_ I use Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0 Windows Defender
November 29th 08 08:34 AM
by valhalla[_7_] Go to last post

From The