Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Scanner and Cameras Events Tab Error by Paul M[_3_]
I recently installed Nuance PaperPort 11 for Vista onto my computer. I also installed the Vista drivers for my HP ScanJet 5590. I should be able to assign the five buttons on the front of the 5590 using the Events tab on the Scanners and Cameras Control Panel applet in Vista to launch PaperPort from any of those buttons. I should then be able to assign particular scan profiles for each of...
September 27th 08 11:32 AM
by jenny123[_2_] Go to last post
2 389
OfficeJet k80xi print error after updating Vista 32bit OS by Bru
OfficeJet K80xi was working great before auto update of Vista installed. Know get print error. Also, recent MS update for Hewlett Packard - Imaging, Print - HP OfficeJet K80xi USB starts to install then stops and returns error 80070103. Was on the phone with MS for 3 hours today and no luck. HP K80xi is supposed to be supported with Vista's preloaded driver. Help!
September 27th 08 02:51 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 319
Dell Laser Printer 3100cn "File Too Large" error by barrybusey
When I try to print a jpg that is 3 meg I get the file too large error. I have tried different settings and still no joy :( I am connected with usb2. Any ideas ? Thanks -- barrybusey
September 26th 08 10:38 AM
by barrybusey Go to last post
5 333
HP LaserJet CM1015 MFP re-install will not work by hannibee14
I have been using a HP LaserJet CM1015 MFP on my '07 Dell inspiron 1520 with Windows Vista Home Premium addition since August '07 with absolutely no problems. A few weeks ago, strange things started to happen. First, I received a message about the computer not being able to find the printer. The printer was no longer listed as my default printer for no apparent reason. I fixed this. The next...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 26th 08 09:16 AM
by SpecZX Go to last post
11 789
Can't print to HP G55xi from Vista x64 by PeterSa
I have a Vista x64 machine. Vista detects my printer (HP G55xi) and I can print OK to it. After some time passes, if I try to print again the status just shows as "Error-Printing". If I restart the machine, the document will print. I have tried reinstalling the driver for the printer, I determined Vista contains a basic driver for the printer. After printing and waiting some, I can no longer...
September 24th 08 02:36 PM
by PeterSa Go to last post
5 376
Cannot print using Vista 64bit, Konica Minolta 2500W by Alastair H
Hi everyone, I can't make my Konica Minolta 2500W print. The problem: I have the latest 64bit drivers from Konica. (Yes, I do have a 64bit system) I receive the error message "An unknown error occurred while printing" for everything I try to print except in Office 2007 where it tells me "Windows cannot print due to a problem with the current printer setup" I can however print from Notepad!!!!...
September 24th 08 11:02 AM
by Alastair H Go to last post
2 373
Can't Print In Vista by Just Jackie
Hi, I have an HP Photosmart 8100 series printer and it seems that every other day I can't print from my laptop... running Vista Home Premium.... wireless. It just says "error" in the print menu. No problems printing from my Macbook or Dell running XP. Any ideas?
September 24th 08 02:51 AM
by Hecman Go to last post
2 333
Lexmark 4500 series printer solution by Hecman
*-Hi to all new Lemark installations. I just want to share my experience. I purchased a X4560 Wireless Printer, great printer for my needs. There was a sticker on the box that said...."10 minutes to install" which was true if you hook up a usb connector...but I wanted a wireless hook-up....well it took me a phone call to Lexmark Support (overseas..no help), a lot of cussing, trial and error and a...
September 24th 08 02:44 AM
by Hecman Go to last post
0 347
HP Solution Center by gtspeck
I have a HP 7680 AIO printer. My problem is I had to uninstall the software and re-install it. Since then the HP Solution Center does not show newly installed printers. It does show the one set up when I re-installed the sofware. Sometimes I switch to the 6500 series. Any help would be appreciated. -- gtspeck
September 23rd 08 10:52 AM
by gtspeck Go to last post
0 328
Connecting to printer wirelessly by kungfuboy
Hello, I just got a Dell inspiron 1525 laptop running Vista home premium and want to connect it wirelessly to a Dell V305 printer. It works fine with the USB cable connected but I'm not sure where to start to get it working wirelessly. I don't have any other pc's connected, just want to use the laptop. Apologies if this question has been asked before or if i am in the wrong forum, I am a...
September 22nd 08 08:05 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
6 369
Unable to Scan Using HP Photosmart G4010 by Bassman
I need help. I recently upgraded to Vista Home Premium from XP Home. I recently purchased the HP Photosmart G4010 scanner. The scanner came with the Vista install CD. I followed the install procedures to the letter incluuding not attaching the scanner until after the install. The program finished loading and told me the install was successfully installed. After attaching the USB...
September 22nd 08 03:56 PM
by Bassman Go to last post
0 345
Unhappy
receiving faxes and printing with Brothers MFC 240CN in Vista by MSwilley
I have a Brothers MFC 240CN and when receiving faxes it shows the states page 1,2,3,4 and so on but nothing prints out. Also when I try to print it says data receiving and then data remaining but nothing prints. I am also useing Windows Vista if this helps with the problem.
September 19th 08 11:50 PM
by Hal Hostetler [MVP-P/I] Go to last post
5 367
MS Fax Tiff format by Gerhard Wessels
Hi, I am trying to create a tiff file for submission to MS Fax Server in a format that the server will accept without re-formatting it. I have printed a document (20 pages) to the MS Fax printer and grabbed the tiff it generated and compared it to mine. Here's MS Fax's tiff's tags (for the first page): SubFileType (1 Long): Page
September 19th 08 06:00 AM
by Gerhard Wessels Go to last post
0 297
Printer stops working when addressed from other network-PC's by Mon.avis
My HP-Deskjet is connected to a Vista-64 based PC which runs in a 4-PC-network; the 3 other PC's are XP. There were no problems with the printer being addressed from one of the XP-PC's but all of sudden the printer proves to be "off line" on all three. There is no new software installed on neither PC or network(router). I'm using HP-software which drives the printer-functions and it operated...
September 18th 08 01:42 PM
by Patrick C Go to last post
4 430
Windows Vista Fax by Hhhelpppp!!!
Occasionally I receive a fax that is sent in Portrait format, but when I display it on my screen, or print it, it prints a short wide image on my portrait paper. I thought the people sending this fax to me were putting the paper in the wrong orientation, but they rechecked, and it was ok. When I tried to fix it using paint, I was able to get a printed page there, and by resizing, I was able...
September 17th 08 11:49 PM
by Hal Hostetler [MVP-P/I] Go to last post
3 488
Need HP Solution Center Software by howwon
I inadvertently un-installed the HP Solution Center Software and now I can not scan with my HP F4280 AIO Printer. Does anyone know where I can download another copy for Vista 64-bit? TIA -- howwon
September 16th 08 11:47 PM
by SIW2 Go to last post
2 323
Access denied - removing printer by Al
Under a remote desktop session, I get a couple of extra printers (presumably, I added these a long time back). I want to remove them but all efforts so far has not succeeded. The description itself on the printer has "redirected" added at the end. Short of deleting the reference to this printer from the registry which may not be safe, does anyone have any suggestions as to how to remove a...
September 16th 08 10:48 PM
by Al Go to last post
2 297
Very Slow printing my network printer by Sahkari
Hello! I have problem when i try printing any computers my home network to konica minolta 1300w laser printer. I have home network vere is d-link 16 port 1000Mbit switch and all computers is connected that switch. That switch have connected outside D-link 2740b adls modem. All computers ( 6 computers) have vista inside.
September 16th 08 04:24 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 280
Cannot print: Vista x64 / Minolta 2350EN / TCP Connection by tempgal
Hello -- I hate to add to the collection of problems already posted here but I have just about exhausted research resources and need help. Equipment is as follows: Desktop computer with XP Pro. The desktop is connected to a Westell 2200 via a hub. An older HP laptop computer with XP Home is also connected to the hub.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 16th 08 04:18 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
10 580
view print email scanned documents prob by Fred
I have windows vista basic and canon LiDE 25 scanner. When I view scanned docs in ArcSoft Photostudi 5.5 the docs seem normal size they print ok. but when view actual size they are too big. I sized image down 32% when i view the actual size its right bu then when I printed the size was curiously too small. If I leave it so it can print the right size and i send in an email again it would be...
September 14th 08 07:03 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post

From The