Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Microsoft Office Document Imaging and Scanning by Travis[_9_]
I have Office 2007 Ultimate and Vista Ultimate x64. (both genuine, of course!) But MS Office Document Imaging doesn't seem to be installed. As directed by the MS website I go to the program files, Office / Microsoft Office Tools entry, but all I see there is MS Office Picture Manager, which isn't quite the same. Is MSODI not installed by default when you install Office 2007 Ultimate, is it...
August 22nd 08 09:27 PM
by Travis[_9_] Go to last post
2 318
no print to fax driver? by Steven[_7_]
Can someone lead me to a print to fax driver for vista? Thanks in advance
August 22nd 08 05:48 PM
by Hal Hostetler [MVP-P/I] Go to last post
1 360
Any way to merge tiff files in Vista Fax and Scan? by Travis[_9_]
I have an HP3050, which is a multi-function centre with a one sided scan and document feeder. Obviously it would be enormously helpful if I could merge TIFF files together, then I could scan the front pages of a document then flip it over and feed it back in to do the back side of the documents and then the computer merges the two series of scans to create a "duplex" scan with all the pages in...
August 22nd 08 12:58 PM
by Dave[_29_] Go to last post
1 326
Stopping change of standard printer by Paul Guijt
Hi all, MS Onenote keeps changing the standard printer into itself. Is there some way to fixate the standard printer, e.g. in policy settings? Thanks for your answer(s). Paul
August 22nd 08 06:04 AM
by Paul Guijt Go to last post
0 355
Epson V500 scanner by Tom from WI[_2_]
Anyone have any experience with this scanner, especially experience scanning slides. Tom
August 22nd 08 03:44 AM
by Tom from WI[_2_] Go to last post
2 301
KODAK IMAGE VIEWER by Shawn L. MacLeod
I am running a custom pkg which we scan in documents and save them on the server as a TIF file. In windows 98, 2000, we have been able to bring these files up in Kodak Image Viewer but can not bring them up with VISTA. Any ideas? Seems to be calling for photoviewer.dll but nothing happens on screen. Thanks!
August 21st 08 08:28 PM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
1 372
Unable to connected to shared printer in Vista, XP works ok by thanatos
I have a print server in an Active Directory environment. I had successfully added printers to all of the workstations in our department both XP and Vista. This week; however, we are not able to print from any of our Vista workstations. I have rolled back all MS Updates for the server and the Vista workstations to no avail. This was working last week. Below is the error I receive when attempting...
August 21st 08 07:44 PM
by thanatos Go to last post
1 359
Installing HP Deskjet 722C printer drivers on a Vista machine ? by Warren[_2_]
Hi everyone. I have an HP Deskjet 722C hooked up to my Windows 98 machine through a parallel port. I'm thinking of building a wireless network and installing a wireless printserver to the printer (plugs directly into parallel port). My question is will I be able to install the print drivers on my new Vista machine so I can print to my Deskjet 722C from the new Vista machine ? Thanks in...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 20th 08 06:25 PM
by larry3754 Go to last post
13 561
Vista 64 Print Driver by Don
I have a Canon Pixma ip4000 connected to a Windows Vista 64 Ultimate. It works fine. But when I try to share to an XP machine over a network I can see the shared printer but it asks for a driver. I loaded a driver on the XP machine from Canon. Then I point the machine to the ip4000.inf file and all I get is can't find a sutable driver. If I connect the printer directly to the XP machine it...
August 20th 08 12:30 PM
by Tony Linguini Go to last post
7 293
Scanner recognition by DanG
Why is there a "no scanner detected" message when I try to use "Fax and Scan" with a Canon 8400F -- when the installation wizard clearly finds the scanner and checks it and displays the scanner buttons? I am trying to find a way to simply inserted a scan into Office document now that Office has removed the "insert picture from scanner" option.
August 19th 08 01:17 PM
by Ta2025 Go to last post
3 312
Problems installing HP 1320n on Vista by [email protected]
I have connected the printer to the USB port, but Vista does not detect the printer automatically. When I looked in the Hardware Management (in danish Enhedshåndtering) on the IEEE 1284.4 port, the printer is visible. I tryied install it by doing the following actions: Add printer Choose LPT1 I downloaded the latest drivers from HP and chose "have disk..."
August 18th 08 05:36 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
5 403
lexmark by Deb
I have Vista and bought a lexmark3430 and am surprisingly very happy with it, as it was so cheap. My problem is that I am not able to utilize the lexmark toolbar and they have done a tricky thing, that makes me mad, actually. You have to download the lexmark toolbar in order to choose black and white print versus color. I don't like the fact that HP also offers a first year of ink at half...
August 18th 08 05:12 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
2 555
HP Photosmart C5280 Printer - Scanner - Copier by jaz33063
I recently purchased this printer. However, after installing, uninstalling, reinstalling, communicating with HP I cannot scan to my desktop. Does anyone have a fix for this? -- jaz33063
August 18th 08 03:18 AM
by harisn9000 Go to last post
7 359
hp LASERjET 1500 Printer Driver by Chickoryhill
HP doesn't support the HP Laser Jet 1500 for Vista. Has anybody come up with a work around such as another driver set?
August 17th 08 09:57 PM
by Surfer Go to last post
5 424
Epson Stylus Photo r340 by Butch
Does anyone know how to correctly install the driver from the epson web site for a 32 bit Windows Vista Home Premium computer built by Hewlett packard model m9150f? -- Best Regards, Butch
August 15th 08 01:23 PM
by mikeyhsd[_2_] Go to last post
6 757
printing from Adobe reader by rick
Okay, I give up... I had to load Adobe reader to view some work and I needed to print it. When I click on "print" it tells me that before I can print or run page setup I need to add a printer. I have a printer, it prints just fine everywhere else but not with Adobe reader. It worked just fine with the XP that I had.I have check the fire walls and all the other places that I know to look....
August 15th 08 10:19 AM
by Howard Kaikow Go to last post
2 290
unable to print/view pictures - prints directory instead by rrs
I upgraded XP Pro to Vista Business. Installed the necessary updates to Vista and Office 2003. Problem: When I left click the start button and then either music or documents or pictures ….. a notepad file of the directory flashes up and then the directory prints. So far I’ve wasted about a lot of paper….the only way I have stopped it is to put the print queue on pause which is where...
August 14th 08 10:15 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 315
Printing! Nothing simple ... by ProfQ
Nothing is simple with Vista, least of all printing via WLAN to an Epson Stylus Photo R200 connected by USB to a desktop PC running Windows 2000 SP4! I connected the USB to my Vista laptop to get the drivers installed, then changed the port to the USB on the desktop, tried to print, but it would not do it. If anyone knows what I am going thru, and has the solution, please write to this...
August 14th 08 04:14 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 322
FAX - GPO by Sam NetAdmin
Is there a way to setup a GPO to define Default Cover sheet and disable adding user defined. Network is windows 2003 Thanks -- Network Administrator
August 13th 08 01:45 PM
by Sam NetAdmin Go to last post
0 366
Vista and HP PSC 500 by John
HELP!!! I recently purchased a Dell Inspiron 530 running Vista home premium. When I attempted to install my old HP PSC 500 all in one I was unable to do so due to a driver problem. Initially, I solved the parallel port problem by installing a new parallel port card in the dell tower (problem solved for that one). However, I have been unable to get Vista to accept the PSC 500. I went to...
August 13th 08 01:17 PM
by mikeyhsd[_2_] Go to last post

From The