Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
WMDC blocks Samsung Network Scan Utility in USB mode by Joerg
I am using Samsung's Network Scan utility to scan documents from a network connected multifunction device. This works well, as long as no mobile device (HTC Touch Diamond, WM 6.1 Professional) is connected to the PC using USB for Synchronization. When I connect the device to the PC using the USB connection, the Samsung Scanner status changes to offline, and no scan is possible. When I...
August 13th 08 10:07 AM
by Joerg Go to last post
0 378
Unable to connect to shared printer from Vista, but XP okay by Quitch
I have an HP DeskJet 6540 shared via a US Robotics US809108 ADSL router at address http://192.168.1.1:1631/printers/My_Printer. I can connect to the printer, and print successfully from a Windows XP machine, yet when I try to connect to the same address from Windows Vista I am told: "Windows cannot connect to the printer. Make sure that you have typed the name correctly, and that the printer...
August 13th 08 04:22 AM
by royik Go to last post
6 368
HP Deskjet 722C Networked by deltatux
Alright, I have an HP Deskjet 722C installed on my parent's computer (running Windows XP 32-bit). Thing is that I have Windows Vista Home Premium x64. HP is being a jerk and not help me find something very simple, which is just an INF file since that's all my computer is complaining. This is getting really annoying because I can't constantly walk over to that computer with a USB key to just print...
August 12th 08 08:59 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
9 747
USB-to-parallel cable by [email protected]
Hi all, to be able to print to my HP Laserjet 5L printer with my new notebook (that has no parallel port), i bought a USB-to-parallel cable. There came no drivers with it and i thought for XP/Vista no drivers were necessary. But now i am not able to set the correct port for the printer. Un/Re- installing the USB-Root-Hub and the printer drivers did not help. When connecting the cable, an...
August 12th 08 07:09 AM
by cosmvis[_2_] Go to last post
6 371
inkejt printer by charliewill
hello, my company is using a Windows Vista PC to connect to a _HP_F2187_printer (\"http://www.popvoucher.co.uk/productshow_catid-153_lid-8175_c-HP,DESKJET,F2187,printer,save,you,pound,30,00.html\")_. Then it is shared to the network. Most of the others PCs are running Windows XP Pro. When the Vista PC prints file, it has no problem. But when the XP PCs print file, the size is always incorrect -...
August 11th 08 12:53 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 302
Bluetooth printing by BennLop
Can someone help please. I am trying to print to a Kodak 5100 printer via bluetooth, I can transmit jpeg files via bluetooth wireless file transfer and it will automatically print, great, but I would like to use notpad to print directly to it. I'm obviously doing something stupid is this possible? -- BennLop
August 11th 08 04:58 AM
by BennLop Go to last post
2 359
Windows Photo Gallery - Can't Print FAXes... by Nick Poore
So, somebody sends me a fax to our phone system, which in turn emails me a fax. Of course, they don't set the FINE option on thier fax machine, so I receive a fax that has a DPI of 200x100 - which is fax standard quality. This means that I receive a PORTRAIT image that is 1700 x 1050 in size. The Windows Photo Gallery renders this correctly, and the metadata correctly reports that the image...
August 11th 08 12:02 AM
by DevilsPGD Go to last post
5 337
Mass-Market Your Website 07670 by Hughes[_2_]
LESS Than A Dollar A Day Gets HUGE Exposure. Let Us Handle All The Work - VISITORS GUARANTEED OR YOUR MONEY BACK!!! http://submitmywebpage.com/offers/
August 10th 08 08:14 PM
by Hughes[_2_] Go to last post
0 344
HP All-in-one printers disappearing when there are changes in the network status by mlai
Hi, Just wondering if anybody has seen this problem. HP claims that they have not seen this problem (despite I have reported it before...) I have a Photosmart C6180 installed on my network. Under XP, everything seems to work fine. However, on my Vista x64 machines, the printer and fax seems to disappear when there are changes in the network status (for example, resuming from suspend,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 8th 08 09:52 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
33 1,154
unable to print on lexmark by Garth[_3_]
I recently moved into Vista and was happily restoring with software and hardware. I tried installing my old Lexmark printer 74-75 just for the scanner. My other printer is a Samsung CLP300. The Lexmark won't install and then I found out they were not going to make any driver for Vista! :( OK! I can live without it. Then I find my computer freezes every so often and I was advised to remove Lexmark...
August 8th 08 02:09 AM
by Garth[_3_] Go to last post
1 350
HP C7180 prints only part of page by foxycat
I have an HP 7180 all in one, which I bought last year after getting my new Vista (Home Premium) PC as my previous printer had no Vista drivers available. I find that often the printer will print only part of the page - to about half-way down. Sometimes rebooting the PC will resolve this, but other times that has no effect. Today even a cold boot of both PC and printer failed to produce a...
August 7th 08 04:07 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
3 357
shyam by [email protected]
shyamalaindian.blogspot.com
August 7th 08 10:07 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 390
shyam by [email protected]
shyamalaindian.blogspot.com
August 7th 08 10:06 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 335
Problem with installing hp lj 1320n on vista buisness. by [email protected]
Hi, I have a problem with installing hp lj 1320n on a toshiba r500 running vista buisness thru wire. I have the IP of the printer, drivers for vista and can`t do this. I`ve tried with addin a local port (set to the printers ip), installing it thru USB and then changing it printer properties to fixed port and still i get error code 0x000057. Can U plz help me??
August 7th 08 07:27 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
3 350
Cant install any local or printers on 64 bit Ultimate by srussolillo
I have just built a 64 bit Ultimate system. All seem to work perfectly with the exception of printing or installing local or a network printer. I get spooler errors, print services crashes, and install gui crashes when using the Lexmark x6570 install drivers for 64 bit OS. I have also tried installing an HP driver for a printer I have in the home that is attached to a netgear print server....so...
August 6th 08 08:35 PM
by SCSIraidGURU Go to last post
2 343
Spooler SubSystem App stopped working and has closed by motherwell
I've recently got a new Dell Inspiron 530 computer with a 32 bit operating system. It already has Vista home premium loaded onto it. I have also bought a Samsung ML-2510 laser printer to go with it. It prints Word documents perfectly, but when i try to print webpages it gives the error message above. I've trawled through the web and various forums and tried various fixes without joy. Can...
August 6th 08 06:35 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 382
connecting to a network printer by mark luyt
set up is PC with vista, through modem to switch to printer, I have set up the driver (canon ip4000) but cannot print, any suggestions
August 6th 08 06:28 PM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post
4 366
Fax Server alternative for Windows Clients,... by Kerem Gümrükcü
Hi, is there any Windows based (not Linux!) free alternative Fax Server Solution that i can install on my Windows XP and Vista Clients so that i can share a Fax Connection within my Home Network,...? Open Source would be recommended, so i can modify any stuff if i must,...
August 5th 08 12:47 AM
by Kerem Gümrükcü Go to last post
4 405
why are all prints too light only when printing with windows photogallery? by [email protected]
There is no problem with settings, etc. on printer (another computer prints fine with this canon printer, as well as all other photo editing software, other programs and also perfect when printing from internet) It was working fine until i went on vacation, came back and now the images come out REALLY light and washed out. the only thing i can think of that might have changed some kind of setting...
August 3rd 08 08:01 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 304
Can't install a HP Laserjet 1000 Printer in Vista by CARLOS A. LEON P.
Hi: I'm trying to install an HP Laserjet 1000 printer in W Vista and I did can do it. Do you know any solution? Thanks in advance
August 3rd 08 12:05 AM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post

From The