Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Queries, comments and issues relating to the administration of Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Code 19 by Thel
cd install attempt. This message appears. Windows cannot start this device because its configuration information is incomplete or damaged in registry. How do I fix? azdumbo
January 25th 10 01:10 AM
by Thel Go to last post
0 435
Get logged out automatically after login by Anders
Hi, Have a big problem with an account with administrative rights. Rigth before the problem started, I updated Synaptisc drivers for laptop keyboard/mouse. After restart, directly after login (4-5 sec) I get logged out automatically. With another administrative account there are no problems to login, so no major windows error. If I start vista in safe mode (or safe mode with network), then...
January 24th 10 04:11 PM
by Anders Go to last post
0 355
Get logged out automatically after login by Anders
Hi, Have a big problem with an account with administrative rights. Rigth before the problem started, I updated Synaptisc drivers for laptop keyboard/mouse. After restart, directly after login (4-5 sec) I get logged out automatically. With another administrative account there are no problems to login, so no major windows error. If I start vista in safe mode (or safe mode with network), then...
January 24th 10 04:11 PM
by Anders Go to last post
0 480
W7: Admin account deactivated - locked out by Gil Graf
Hi, just installed W7 Ultimate and made a mistake, I guess. During setup procedure I created the account "Jose" and customized the OS with this account, as I'm doing this for 20 years now. After finishing I removed administrative rights from this account and went ahead to customize the administrators desktop. But when I type in "Administrator" on logon screen, Windows says "Administrator is...
January 22nd 10 09:17 AM
by Gil Graf Go to last post
0 383
January 22nd 10 01:31 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 407
Icons & Cntrl+Alt+Del by Ayro
Is there anyway I can have it where when I turn on the computer it automatically goes to the icons, but if I press Cntrl+Alt+Del I can logon to an (hidden) account? -- Ayro
January 17th 10 07:09 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
8 597
Permission denied for deleting by kenp
Trying to load Twain vista update for Epson scanner,I deleted old thro control panel. when I checked windows file Epson scanner was there with date11/10/2009, clicked on that to delete the usual notes come up "are you sure etc." when I confirm another note says"Epson scanner you need permission to delete this" and gives date 02/11/2006, I am admin for this computer,, no other users ,try the...
January 17th 10 01:50 AM
by Querulous Go to last post
4 611
Remove My Bluetooth Places icon by ogiebobo
Follow the same instructions for XP: 1) Find the this registry: http://www.techtalkz.com/member.php?userid=12005 View this thread: http://www.techtalkz.com/showthread.php?t=158018
January 17th 10 12:22 AM
by Yecats01 Go to last post
5 615
Force asking to "Run as administrator" by Bob
I run Vista as non-administrator account. I just feel safer that way and I do not mind typing in administrator password when asked. Some applications fail to ask for administrator password and run fine but in a limited way. It takes me a while to figure that out that I am running it with limited privileges. I then have to save my work or document where I am and close the application. ...
January 16th 10 06:46 PM
by Bob Go to last post
4 577
Account Unknown in all Public Desktop icons by daztrue
When viewing the Group or User Names in the Security tab of Properties in any icon stored in the Public Desktop folder, 'Account Unknown(S-1-5-21-63554606-914774692-129410296-1000)' is displayed with a red question mark in addition to the 'head' icon. Also, there is no sign of the Users group, but for some reason the INTERACTIVE group is listed (which I'm not very clear about). SYSTEM is...
January 16th 10 11:59 AM
by daztrue Go to last post
0 516
Account Unknown in all Public Desktop icons by daztrue
When viewing the Group or User Names in the Security tab of Properties in any icon stored in the Public Desktop folder, 'Account Unknown(S-1-5-21-63554606-914774692-129410296-1000)' is displayed with a red question mark in addition to the 'head' icon. Also, there is no sign of the Users group, but for some reason the INTERACTIVE group is listed (which I'm not very clear about). SYSTEM is...
January 16th 10 11:59 AM
by daztrue Go to last post
0 390
Icons & Cntrl+Alt+Del by Ayro
Is there anyway I can have it where when I turn on the computer it automatically goes to the icons, but if I press Cntrl+Alt+Del I can logon to an (hidden) account? -- Ayro
January 16th 10 04:19 AM
by Ayro Go to last post
0 362
I need help to create a new data source in vista by melo
I tried to create a new ODBC data source in vista from control panel _ administrator tools but I didn't know how to create it . please help me , I'm a beginner in this field . Thanks in advance . -- melo
January 15th 10 10:27 AM
by melo Go to last post
0 374
I need help to create a new data source in vista by melo
I tried to create a new ODBC data source in vista from control panel _ administrator tools but I didn't know how to create it . please help me , I'm a beginner in this field . Thanks in advance . -- melo
January 15th 10 10:27 AM
by melo Go to last post
0 456
Force asking to "Run as administrator" by Bob
I run Vista as non-administrator account. I just feel safer that way and I do not mind typing in administrator password when asked. Some applications fail to ask for administrator password and run fine but in a limited way. It takes me a while to figure that out that I am running it with limited privileges. I then have to save my work or document where I am and close the application. ...
January 15th 10 01:13 AM
by Bob Go to last post
0 336
Application crashes if installed in C:\Program Files by galapogos
Hi, I've created an application that crashes with a Vista error message when it's installed in C:\Program Files(the default location). If I just copy the application folder into, say, C:\, it works. The application also works flawlessly in XP. I'm guessing this has something to do with the fact that Vista doesn't allow write access to C:\Program Files? How can I get the application to work? From...
January 13th 10 05:24 AM
by galapogos Go to last post
0 342
Application crashes if installed in C:\Program Files by galapogos
Hi, I've created an application that crashes with a Vista error message when it's installed in C:\Program Files(the default location). If I just copy the application folder into, say, C:\, it works. The application also works flawlessly in XP. I'm guessing this has something to do with the fact that Vista doesn't allow write access to C:\Program Files? How can I get the application to work? From...
January 13th 10 05:24 AM
by galapogos Go to last post
0 457
Vista - "Recent Documents" keystroke? by JaimeZX
I tried putting this in "General Discussion" but it's not showing up for some reason. With the old Start menu, I could type and that would take me right to "recent documents." I'm trying to get used to the new Start menu now, as I'm expecting a W7 upgrade here shortly.
January 12th 10 12:07 AM
by JaimeZX Go to last post
2 517
Vista - "Recent Documents" keystroke? by JaimeZX
I tried putting this in "General Discussion" but it's not showing up for some reason. With the old Start menu, I could type and that would take me right to "recent documents." I'm trying to get used to the new Start menu now, as I'm expecting a W7 upgrade here shortly.
January 11th 10 12:19 AM
by JaimeZX Go to last post
0 362
UAC Off, Still Getting Permission Denied by EagleFalconn
All, I have just completed a completely fresh Vista Home Premium Install and have installed SP1 and SP2. Have also installed all other Windows updates. I have turned UAC off (screenshot1.jpg). I have verified this in the registry (screenshot2.jpg). The user into which I am currently logged in is an administrator (screenshot3.jpg). However, I am still denied permission to do certain things. The...
January 8th 10 03:47 AM
by EagleFalconn[_3_] Go to last post

From The