Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Queries, comments and issues relating to the administration of Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Code 19 by Thel
cd install attempt. This message appears. Windows cannot start this device because its configuration information is incomplete or damaged in registry. How do I fix? azdumbo
January 25th 10 02:10 AM
by Thel Go to last post
0 140
Get logged out automatically after login by Anders
Hi, Have a big problem with an account with administrative rights. Rigth before the problem started, I updated Synaptisc drivers for laptop keyboard/mouse. After restart, directly after login (4-5 sec) I get logged out automatically. With another administrative account there are no problems to login, so no major windows error. If I start vista in safe mode (or safe mode with network), then...
January 24th 10 05:11 PM
by Anders Go to last post
0 95
Get logged out automatically after login by Anders
Hi, Have a big problem with an account with administrative rights. Rigth before the problem started, I updated Synaptisc drivers for laptop keyboard/mouse. After restart, directly after login (4-5 sec) I get logged out automatically. With another administrative account there are no problems to login, so no major windows error. If I start vista in safe mode (or safe mode with network), then...
January 24th 10 05:11 PM
by Anders Go to last post
0 187
W7: Admin account deactivated - locked out by Gil Graf
Hi, just installed W7 Ultimate and made a mistake, I guess. During setup procedure I created the account "Jose" and customized the OS with this account, as I'm doing this for 20 years now. After finishing I removed administrative rights from this account and went ahead to customize the administrators desktop. But when I type in "Administrator" on logon screen, Windows says "Administrator is...
January 22nd 10 10:17 AM
by Gil Graf Go to last post
0 106
January 22nd 10 02:31 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 123
Icons & Cntrl+Alt+Del by Ayro
Is there anyway I can have it where when I turn on the computer it automatically goes to the icons, but if I press Cntrl+Alt+Del I can logon to an (hidden) account? -- Ayro
January 17th 10 08:09 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
8 267
Permission denied for deleting by kenp
Trying to load Twain vista update for Epson scanner,I deleted old thro control panel. when I checked windows file Epson scanner was there with date11/10/2009, clicked on that to delete the usual notes come up "are you sure etc." when I confirm another note says"Epson scanner you need permission to delete this" and gives date 02/11/2006, I am admin for this computer,, no other users ,try the...
January 17th 10 02:50 AM
by Querulous Go to last post
4 257
Remove My Bluetooth Places icon by ogiebobo
Follow the same instructions for XP: 1) Find the this registry: http://www.techtalkz.com/member.php?userid=12005 View this thread: http://www.techtalkz.com/showthread.php?t=158018
January 17th 10 01:22 AM
by Yecats01 Go to last post
5 297
Force asking to "Run as administrator" by Bob
I run Vista as non-administrator account. I just feel safer that way and I do not mind typing in administrator password when asked. Some applications fail to ask for administrator password and run fine but in a limited way. It takes me a while to figure that out that I am running it with limited privileges. I then have to save my work or document where I am and close the application. ...
January 16th 10 07:46 PM
by Bob Go to last post
4 236
Account Unknown in all Public Desktop icons by daztrue
When viewing the Group or User Names in the Security tab of Properties in any icon stored in the Public Desktop folder, 'Account Unknown(S-1-5-21-63554606-914774692-129410296-1000)' is displayed with a red question mark in addition to the 'head' icon. Also, there is no sign of the Users group, but for some reason the INTERACTIVE group is listed (which I'm not very clear about). SYSTEM is...
January 16th 10 12:59 PM
by daztrue Go to last post
0 219
Account Unknown in all Public Desktop icons by daztrue
When viewing the Group or User Names in the Security tab of Properties in any icon stored in the Public Desktop folder, 'Account Unknown(S-1-5-21-63554606-914774692-129410296-1000)' is displayed with a red question mark in addition to the 'head' icon. Also, there is no sign of the Users group, but for some reason the INTERACTIVE group is listed (which I'm not very clear about). SYSTEM is...
January 16th 10 12:59 PM
by daztrue Go to last post
0 110
Icons & Cntrl+Alt+Del by Ayro
Is there anyway I can have it where when I turn on the computer it automatically goes to the icons, but if I press Cntrl+Alt+Del I can logon to an (hidden) account? -- Ayro
January 16th 10 05:19 AM
by Ayro Go to last post
0 103
I need help to create a new data source in vista by melo
I tried to create a new ODBC data source in vista from control panel _ administrator tools but I didn't know how to create it . please help me , I'm a beginner in this field . Thanks in advance . -- melo
January 15th 10 11:27 AM
by melo Go to last post
0 107
I need help to create a new data source in vista by melo
I tried to create a new ODBC data source in vista from control panel _ administrator tools but I didn't know how to create it . please help me , I'm a beginner in this field . Thanks in advance . -- melo
January 15th 10 11:27 AM
by melo Go to last post
0 209
Force asking to "Run as administrator" by Bob
I run Vista as non-administrator account. I just feel safer that way and I do not mind typing in administrator password when asked. Some applications fail to ask for administrator password and run fine but in a limited way. It takes me a while to figure that out that I am running it with limited privileges. I then have to save my work or document where I am and close the application. ...
January 15th 10 02:13 AM
by Bob Go to last post
0 98
Application crashes if installed in C:\Program Files by galapogos
Hi, I've created an application that crashes with a Vista error message when it's installed in C:\Program Files(the default location). If I just copy the application folder into, say, C:\, it works. The application also works flawlessly in XP. I'm guessing this has something to do with the fact that Vista doesn't allow write access to C:\Program Files? How can I get the application to work? From...
January 13th 10 06:24 AM
by galapogos Go to last post
0 109
Application crashes if installed in C:\Program Files by galapogos
Hi, I've created an application that crashes with a Vista error message when it's installed in C:\Program Files(the default location). If I just copy the application folder into, say, C:\, it works. The application also works flawlessly in XP. I'm guessing this has something to do with the fact that Vista doesn't allow write access to C:\Program Files? How can I get the application to work? From...
January 13th 10 06:24 AM
by galapogos Go to last post
0 205
Vista - "Recent Documents" keystroke? by JaimeZX
I tried putting this in "General Discussion" but it's not showing up for some reason. With the old Start menu, I could type and that would take me right to "recent documents." I'm trying to get used to the new Start menu now, as I'm expecting a W7 upgrade here shortly.
January 12th 10 01:07 AM
by JaimeZX Go to last post
2 263
Vista - "Recent Documents" keystroke? by JaimeZX
I tried putting this in "General Discussion" but it's not showing up for some reason. With the old Start menu, I could type and that would take me right to "recent documents." I'm trying to get used to the new Start menu now, as I'm expecting a W7 upgrade here shortly.
January 11th 10 01:19 AM
by JaimeZX Go to last post
0 111
UAC Off, Still Getting Permission Denied by EagleFalconn
All, I have just completed a completely fresh Vista Home Premium Install and have installed SP1 and SP2. Have also installed all other Windows updates. I have turned UAC off (screenshot1.jpg). I have verified this in the registry (screenshot2.jpg). The user into which I am currently logged in is an administrator (screenshot3.jpg). However, I am still denied permission to do certain things. The...
January 8th 10 04:47 AM
by EagleFalconn[_3_] Go to last post

From The