Threads in Forum : Windows Vista File Management Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
windows explorer wont open!! by silvis
Whenever I click on any of my folders they just won't open I cant even right click on them and press open!! no folders wil open it just says that windows explorer is not responding!! whatcan I do to fix this?? -- silvis
September 22nd 09 01:13 AM
by silvis Go to last post
0 188
Conflicting messages from chkdsk by Grythandril
Hello This is my first time here. *My OS is Vista 32 home premium* * * *I found an error in the event viewer, which is -Event 55 NTFS-.* *The file system structure on the disk is corrupt and unusable. * *Please run the chkdsk utility on the volume OS_Install.* * * *So I ran the chkdsk through the command prompt as the administrator
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 21st 09 06:59 PM
by Grythandril Go to last post
14 351
Word docs moving around on desktop by teleute
I have a couple of Word docs on my desktop (which is exactly where I want to keep them, so let me derail any suggestions of storing them elsewhere...*g*). I have them along the right side, where I want them, but every time I have them open to edit, and save the document, the icon moves itself over to the first empty spot on the left side of the desktop. I just want them to stay where I put...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 21st 09 02:41 PM
by teleute[_3_] Go to last post
18 358
Create Disk Partition / Dual boot? by Lee[_14_]
Question: How do you create a disk partition in Vista Home premium if the disk is not dynamic? I would like to install a trial version of Windows 7 to see if business apps will run.... and would much prefer to keep all of that on a seperate partition with option to boot either Win7 or Vista... articles or professional advice on pros and cons desired...
September 21st 09 02:38 AM
by Lee[_14_] Go to last post
0 171
Help:( by Angel312
::I am not a computr \"wiz,\" and recently I set up my granddaughter(showing my age) on the guest user acct. I then read that I should not have done this:( She had a little info on there, but not a lot. So, I went and created a new acct for her (standard) named Visitor. So, I went there to \"test\" it. I could not obtain any files or folders from my acct which she does need to be able to do to...
September 20th 09 09:47 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
2 301
Help:( by Angel312
::I am not a computr \"wiz,\" and recently I set up my granddaughter(showing my age) on the guest user acct. I then read that I should not have done this:( She had a little info on there, but not a lot. So, I went and created a new acct for her (standard) named Visitor. So, I went there to \"test\" it. I could not obtain any files or folders from my acct which she does need to be able to do to...
September 20th 09 05:24 PM
by Angel312 Go to last post
0 206
Lost personal folder, data drive reformatted by jkohm
I built a computer with two hard drives (C: and D) to keep my data on the D drive. I installed Vista home premium x64 and, with help from instructions on the Vista Form, I moved my personal folder to the D drive. JMK appears on the start display. I created a folder in JMK called JMusic (not My Music) for my music files and copied two folders (M1 and M2) to JMusic with several thousand mp3 files...
September 20th 09 12:42 PM
by jkohm Go to last post
0 199
Lost personal folder, data drive reformatted by jkohm
I built a computer with two hard drives (C: and D) to keep my data on the D drive. I installed Vista home premium x64 and, with help from instructions on the Vista Form, I moved my personal folder to the D drive. JMK appears on the start display. I created a folder in JMK called JMusic (not My Music) for my music files and copied two folders (M1 and M2) to JMusic with several thousand mp3 files...
September 20th 09 12:42 PM
by jkohm Go to last post
0 278
Can't see my cookie folder! by spacewater
I am trying to access my cookie folder in c:\user...microsoft\cookies but the folder is hidden and when I goto properties to check the box for "Hidden Folder" the box is shaded and I cannot click on it. I am the Admin of the computer can anybody help me with this problem? -- spacewater
September 19th 09 06:46 PM
by GTS Go to last post
2 236
Can't see my cookie folder! by spacewater
I am trying to access my cookie folder in c:\user...microsoft\cookies but the folder is hidden and when I goto properties to check the box for "Hidden Folder" the box is shaded and I cannot click on it. I am the Admin of the computer can anybody help me with this problem? -- spacewater
September 19th 09 03:49 PM
by spacewater Go to last post
0 182
Can't Delete Two Icons From Desktop, Any Suggestions! by SpiderRIDER
Ok, I have two blank icons that belonged to two files in my desktop. I deleted these files days ago, but the blank icons with text still show on the desktop. When I try to delete them I get the following message from Windows Vista Ultimate... Could not find this item This is no longer located in the c:\. Verify the item's location and try again. I then have a try again button and a cancel...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 18th 09 10:04 PM
by jsmonu Go to last post
22 737
cannot open folder\file properties by muppalaneni
when i right click on folder\files then selected properties then no action take place.i would be grateful for helping me. Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums
September 18th 09 07:51 AM
by scoinccir Go to last post
4 280
Vista randomizes icon size? by limaxophobiac
Don't know i this is the right forum but technically this is about how I manage my files in vista. My problem is this: When I set the view size of my icons in a folder using the right click menyview, vista seems to, after some time, forget what size I set them to and just pick something at random. I get back to my meticously organized art folder and now they're all lists and medium size icons...
September 17th 09 09:43 PM
by limaxophobiac Go to last post
0 182
Vista randomizes icon size? by limaxophobiac
Don't know i this is the right forum but technically this is about how I manage my files in vista. My problem is this: When I set the view size of my icons in a folder using the right click menyview, vista seems to, after some time, forget what size I set them to and just pick something at random. I get back to my meticously organized art folder and now they're all lists and medium size icons...
September 17th 09 09:43 PM
by limaxophobiac Go to last post
0 131
I want to move my Offline File Folder by MAC
does cashmov.exe work in Vista or is there another option available? The CSC folder will use up my C: drive if I use it the way I want to.
September 17th 09 09:14 PM
by MAC Go to last post
0 195
I want to move my Offline File Folder by MAC
does cashmov.exe work in Vista or is there another option available? The CSC folder will use up my C: drive if I use it the way I want to.
September 17th 09 09:14 PM
by MAC Go to last post
0 146
cannot open folder\file properties by muppalaneni
when i right click on folder\files then selected properties then no action take place.i would be grateful for helping me. Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums
September 17th 09 02:13 AM
by muppalaneni Go to last post
0 170
File Open dialog box default size by Alan Roy
Whenever one goes to open or save a file, I always find the dialog box to small, and like to resize to make it easier to look through the hundreds of folders i have. Is there any way to alter the default opening size of the file management dialog boxes?
September 15th 09 05:07 AM
by seanos Go to last post
5 218
why can't I re-install game? by canabear
tried re-installing a game (game on machine has a bad map) and vista won't let me. copy with bad map keeps coming back. even tried a brand new out of the box copy. no luck . fixed the problem easily on XP machine. :mad:driving me crazy....:mad: thanks in advance y'all :D -- canabear Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 14th 09 09:21 PM
by canabear[_4_] Go to last post
12 435
Word docs moving around on desktop by teleute
I have a couple of Word docs on my desktop (which is exactly where I want to keep them, so let me derail any suggestions of storing them elsewhere...*g*). I have them along the right side, where I want them, but every time I have them open to edit, and save the document, the icon moves itself over to the first empty spot on the left side of the desktop. I just want them to stay where I put...
September 14th 09 02:53 PM
by teleute Go to last post

From The