Threads in Forum : Windows Vista File Management Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Changing the "Thumbnail-Folder" and Folder Backgrounds?? by forumghost
Hello, I'm really desperate, I've searched everywhere for a solution to these seemingly "minor" problems, but they impact my ability to enjoy vista incredibly. Thumbnail-Folder: I changed the standard yellow folder icon to a green one, however Folders that preview pictures (which is practically EVERY folder and its grandma) are STILL ugly and yellow, opened with some papers or pics in it.
July 18th 09 01:22 AM
by forumghost Go to last post
1 228
Lost files in folder by ipodaddict
I am running Vista Home Premium on a small office network and accessing files from an older XP Pro computer. I had problems creating a subdirectory yesterday on the XP file server (Explorer kept hanging) from my Vista computer; today I have missing files. It appears that somehow the bottom half of my subdirectory is missing. The files are numbered, so I have M1 thru M8 for the AutoCAD drawing...
July 17th 09 07:01 PM
by ipodaddict Go to last post
0 239
backgrounds by ha
My desktop backgrounds file disappeared........does anyone know the name so I can check to see if it's still there? I had a nice picture but now it is blank.
July 17th 09 06:26 PM
by Bruce Chambers Go to last post
3 274
Trying to arrange files by 'date recived' but its driving me bonkers by inthedogbox
I have my downloads folder right, which every now and then i download something, currently have about 500 files in this folder. The arrangment of it is driving me up the wall cause i cant get it to what i want. If i change it to alphabetical order, or by size, it changes accordingly, but if i choose, 'date recived', 'date acquired', 'date archived', 'date completed' - it does nothing.
July 16th 09 11:49 PM
by inthedogbox Go to last post
5 241
Move Outlook .pst files from old XP computer to new Vista computer by Crausch
Let's start by saying I'm not a techie, and I work out of my home, so please explain things SIMPLY to me, because I've got no one to ask. I have been working for two Days to figure out how to move my outlook mail files, contacts and calendar from my old XP, Office 2003 computer to my new Vista, Office 2007 computer . The Microsoft help page says to backup your outlook.pst files to an...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 14th 09 11:47 PM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
16 540
sharing windows mail and synchronizing by cdlsrn
I have a new Dell xps 420. I have a 750GB hd for Operating system, and a 1IB drive partitioned with E = documents windows mail with newsgroups and contacts, favorites F= Music G= pictures H= videos I = 1tb external backup drive I just got a HP Pavilion dv7t-100 laptop. It has 2 - 250 gb hard drives. I would like to share and synchronize Windows Mail and eventually the computers. But...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 14th 09 08:36 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
11 422
Problems with Windows Search Advanced Query Syntax by Peter Frank
Hi, I am fiddling around with all the parameters that Windows Vista Search offers (Windows Vista SP2/German, Windows Search 4.0). I use this page here as a reference: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/desktopsearch/technicalresources/advquery.mspx However, here is my first problem: Whenever I use the search term kind:, I never get any results no matter whether I use kind:docs,...
July 12th 09 10:03 PM
by Jeff Richards Go to last post
6 307
Cannot delete a file saved to my desktop by lmbolton40
A file was saved to my Vista desktop. It is a small drawing file (.dwg). About 102 KB in size. I can open it. However, I cannot delte it, copy it, or cut it. If I try to delete it, window pops up and says "RECYCLING 1 item". It churns and churns and churns. Nothing ever happens. I can rename it. Doesn't help with anyting. Is there any hope for me? mbolton40
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 11th 09 07:11 PM
by Bill Daggett Go to last post
15 722
seksi djevojka by Pella
July 11th 09 04:14 AM
by Pella Go to last post
0 208
seksi djevojka by Pella
July 11th 09 04:14 AM
by Pella Go to last post
0 157
seksi djevojka by Pella
July 11th 09 12:52 AM
by Pella Go to last post
0 199
seksi djevojka by Pella
July 11th 09 12:52 AM
by Pella Go to last post
0 175
Strange Icon Behaviour [0/1] "Desktopexample.nzb" yEnc (1/1) by Cynyster[_2_]
Hi everyone I have a annoyance I was hoping someone has come across before. The Icon that represents my desktop in my profile is the standard windows yellow icon Not the fancy blue aero one like the rest of the folders in my profile. The trouble is the desktop folder does not have the customize tab for me to manually change it back. I took a couple of screen shots to help you see what I
July 10th 09 02:16 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
3 231
Strange Icon Behaviour [0/1] "Desktopexample.sfv" yEnc (1/1) by Cynyster[_2_]
Hi everyone I have a annoyance I was hoping someone has come across before. The Icon that represents my desktop in my profile is the standard windows yellow icon Not the fancy blue aero one like the rest of the folders in my profile. The trouble is the desktop folder does not have the customize tab for me to manually change it back. I took a couple of screen shots to help you see what I
July 10th 09 01:21 AM
by Cynyster[_2_] Go to last post
0 204
Strange Icon Behaviour [1/1] "Desktopexample.jpg" yEnc (1/1) by Cynyster[_2_]
Hi everyone I have a annoyance I was hoping someone has come across before. The Icon that represents my desktop in my profile is the standard windows yellow icon Not the fancy blue aero one like the rest of the folders in my profile. The trouble is the desktop folder does not have the customize tab for me to manually change it back. I took a couple of screen shots to help you see what I
July 10th 09 01:21 AM
by Cynyster[_2_] Go to last post
0 242
Please help me by rasso
Hey,first my english is poor ,so , can not speak english very much... My problem is that missing some .DLL and file in system ? look at this picture. i can not run some applications in my laptop. :sick: it says blabla.DLL missing I do not want to format my computer .because i want to wait windows 7 final...please help me...what can i do
July 9th 09 07:58 AM
by Brink Go to last post
6 283
Suggestion: Exploring A Music Play list In My Computer by alikhezeli
*MY REASON*: I have in many times needed to do a certain thing to the files in a music play list, for example to copy the files to another place (Now, you should manually see the file locations and copy them one by one!) *My Suggestion*: It will be very good if one can explore a music play list in Windows Explorer, just like it is a folder (Explorer should automatically see the file locations...
July 9th 09 01:52 AM
by alikhezeli Go to last post
0 196
Suggestion: Exploring A Music Play ist In My Computer by alikhezeli
*MY REASON*: I have in many times needed to do a certain thing to the files in a music play list, for example to copy the files to another place (Now, you should manually see the file locations and copy them one by one!) *My Suggestion*: It will be very good if one can explore a music play list in Windows Explorer, just like it is a folder (Explorer should automatically see the file locations...
July 9th 09 01:50 AM
by alikhezeli Go to last post
0 185
Same Columns EVERYWHERE!!! by Léon Dìgnon
Fine! This buggs me since Vista was released and it even points back to XP. It is really easy to understand: I open the explorer and browse to C:. I set up my columns as I need them. In particular this is: Name, Filesize, Filetype and Date. I want that to be the default setting for EVERY folder, regardless wheter it is an old one, or I create a new one. I just want EVERY folder to show MY...
July 8th 09 10:26 AM
by Léon Dignòn Go to last post
3 192
Right Click List Problem by Hao
I Found this problem 2 days ago . there is a different between the Menu highlight on pic 1 and 2 , how can i change it back to default like pic 2 ? +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: pro2.jpg | |Download:...
July 7th 09 12:20 PM
by Hao Go to last post

From The