  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
log file for drive-check by dexos
Just ran the check disk on my d: drive. I am unable to find the log file to see if there were any problems. Does anyone know where this is?
August 29th 06 03:01 AM
by dexos Go to last post
0 664
MAt****a dvd-ram uj-8505 ata not working by Torz
HI I am having massive problems with my dvd drive, a while ago it started refusing to burn audio cd's for me, tbh I didnt do anything about it at the time. More recently it is now refusing to play any dvd's or normal audio cds, progams or games. The auto run does not even start. If I go into my computer I can see the dvd drive but if I click on it it trys to tell me that the drive is empty...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 14th 08 07:58 PM
by Torz Go to last post
31 664
VISTA KILLED MY BIOS...what do I do next? by matasvytautas
Gee, did I make the people who work for Microsoft irrate? Since this is a beta version it is supposed to have glitches..The XP operating system has NEVER MODIFIED MY BIOS IN SUCH A WAY AS TO HAVE THE COMPUTER ENTER A PREBOOT ENVIRONMENT. But why waste time telling you all this....someone else already helped me get my computer back up and running without being "uppity" about it. This OS will...
September 6th 06 02:44 PM
by matasvytautas Go to last post
3 658
WD Passport USB device not recognized. by Intrepid5295
I own a WD Passport device that, once upon a time, worked on my Vista Home Premium desktop. Now, whenever I plug it into any USB port, Windows starts to search for a driver......which it cannot find because none is supposed to be required. I have sent multiple messages to Windows Support and receive all kinds of stuff telling me "how to install a USB device" and the like.......none of which...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 4th 10 05:11 PM
by smlunatick Go to last post
10 657
Problems with WD My Book Home Edition by TBenjamin
Please help me. I bought a brand new WD My Book Home Edition 500GB external hard drive yesterday. Vista will not recongize it as a drive on the computer. The computer sees that it is connected (in device manager and the "ding-dong" you hear when you add a new device). I hooked it up with the Firewire and the USB, with the same result. The drive is supposedly Vista compatible. I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 14th 09 03:50 AM
by DDW[_3_] Go to last post
10 657
slimtype dvdrw-ssm-8515s ATA Device Stopped Reading disks by Aaron Dorner
Hi everyone! Maybe somone will be able to help me out! I have a aspire 5610z notebook with Vista on it! About a year ago i had to do a complete reboot on it! Well when i did my slimtype dvdrw-ssm-8515s ATA Device quit reading cds or dvds! Now when i check the device manger it tells me the drive is working properly! What I really wanted to know is if my drive is DEAD!!!!!!!!!! When I put a...
March 18th 09 06:43 PM
by no1 Go to last post
1 656
Volume control gone from taskbar by Barry[_9_]
Am not skillful, but would like volume control returned to taskbar. Currently have volume, but it is too loud.If you can fix it, tell me how. Remember I am NOT skillfull. --- frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices/
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 28th 10 02:17 AM
by Brink Go to last post
10 656
Intellipoint and Intellitype on RC1? by Edric
Hi I have installed my CPP RC1 and still don't have my MS Laser Mouse and MS Media Pro keyboard recognized as such, no buttons/functions operational. Any news about it? Thanks Edric
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 20th 06 07:58 PM
by Donald L McDaniel Go to last post
11 654
ATI Radeon Drivers - Code 43, Code 37 & Code 10 by Rev Mike
Jake, Don't know if you've found a solution to this problem and interestingly enough no one else has reported a real solution either. I have a 9550 card too and what finally worked for me were the drivers from 2004 that came with the card's driver disk info follows: Ati Technologies Inc. 7/10/2004 6.14.10.6458
August 29th 06 04:50 AM
by Rev Mike Go to last post
0 654
Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0 Double Clicks when Clicked Once. by Richard B
Upon moving from Windows XP to Vista, a new PC, the Microsoft Mouse has taken up a bad habit of double clicking when it is only clicked once. This is so prevalent that we are hesitant to use it to click on certain items. For example, the delete button in mail. We delete two messages instead of the one we clicked on. For fun try playing solitaire, flipping two cards, instead of one, after...
April 25th 10 09:41 AM
by floppydisk Go to last post
5 653
ADM851X USB To Fast Ethernet Adapter by Docking Station
I need this driver, please help me
April 28th 10 05:24 AM
by undisclosed Go to last post
3 652
nVidia to Release RC2 Drivers this Week by Mark W Scheidell
According to the article should be coming either Wednesday or by the end of the week. http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=35111
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 13th 06 10:37 PM
by jabloomf1230 Go to last post
10 651
Backup Tool causes Blue Screen of Death - nvstor.sys by Eric F
My Computer: MSI P6N SLI Platinum Motherboard (nForce 650i SLI) Intel Core 2 Duo 6600 OCZ Gold PC-5400 667MHz 2GB RAM (4 DIMMS) BFG GeForce 7950 GT Western Digital Caviar 200GB HD (WD200) Western Digital Raptor 74GB HD(WD74) Samsung 400GB HD Problem:
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 18th 09 08:16 PM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
16 651
Creative Audigy + RC1 = not working! by Willgart
Hi, the creative drivers for my Audigy 2 works fine under pre-rc1 but not under RC1 I'm using RC1 x64 version versus x32 for the pre-rc1 release. anyone as the same issue?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 3rd 06 02:33 AM
by super_canard Go to last post
12 650
Lexmark driver won't install scanner driver by gllund[_2_]
I've been trying to get my all-in-one printer to work. I've downloaded the software many times and also talked to Lexmark Technican. Everything works except the scanner. I go to device manager and it won't install driver. It says error encountered and will not work.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 3rd 10 01:44 AM
by kevinpennington Go to last post
11 649
1 TB External Hard Drive Problem by Walter Goldschmidt[_3_]
I got a large external hard drive today and it's instructions say to go to disk management and do format and partition. I messed up and deleted the drives volume. Now it is not listed in disk management. I looked everywhere to get it back and can't figure it out. How do I make Vista recognize this drive again so I can partition and format it? -- Walt
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 12th 09 06:44 PM
by Curious[_4_] Go to last post
17 648
Microsoft Laser Mouse 8000 Cradle Problems by Mark Stonecipher[_2_]
I have a Microsoft Laser Mouse 8000 which recharges on a cradle. Actually have 2 which or having this problem. When placed on cradle for charging it will blink 7 times and then go to a fast blinking red light. According to Microsoft's Web site this is a charging problem (battery, etc.). These are brand new rechargeable batteries and I have tried different ones same problem. I have tried...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 9th 09 02:39 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
15 648
usb 1.1 device by paola vasquez
hardware ids: USB\VID_0979&PID_0227&REV_0100 USB\VID_0979&PID_0227 i have 32-bit windows vista home premium i tried the manufacturers site and they didnt have any drivers also comes up as usb 1.1 device On Saturday, December 20, 2008 6:45 PM Jesse McGurty wrote: i have a sakar 24280 mucro digital camera and i cant find my driver cd for
August 12th 10 03:59 PM
by paola vasquez Go to last post
0 648
Can't Open Mixer Volume by RCoen
My OS has been very stable (latest patches etc applied, no new software/hardware). When I rightclick on the Sndvol.exe applet in the SysTrack the menu appears. I can choose Playback, Record, etc. but NOT Open Volume Mixer. Nor do I see the slider. When I left click on the Open Volume Mixer it looks like it triggers an Event to the OS, but nothing happens. I have rebooted (warm & cold) and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 13th 09 01:39 AM
by sandy scott Go to last post
11 647
cannot create the dvd error message by kingerswa
have been trying to burn some videos to dvd using windows dvd maker. after i click burn it shows it encoding and creating the disk. it then gets to 99% opens the dvd slot and says it cannot create the dvd 'because an error occurred'. have checked the device manager and it states it is working. also changed the burn speed to slow as suggested in the trouble shoot screen. any other ideas? ...
August 25th 08 12:02 PM
by frustrated dad Go to last post

From The