Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista A forum for performance and maintenance tasks in Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintainance)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Cannot install ATI drivers or Catalyst Control Center by Pete Russell
On a fresh vista ultimate install I cannot get CCC to install. I run the installer downloaded from the ati.amd.com site and select a custom install to see what is going to install. The only option is the north bridge driver. I install the NB driver and everything goes through fine except it does not install CCC or the new driver. Is anyone else with the ATI radeon 200m graphics having this...
March 28th 10 02:52 AM
by Graham Kinzett Go to last post
9 408
Microsoft works stopped working by swanmt'
when I try to open my works and a new document it says it has stopped working and will contact me if it finds a solution. I'm stuck
March 27th 10 11:54 PM
by swanmt' Go to last post
0 277
Microsoft works stopped working by swanmt'
when I try to open my works and a new document it says it has stopped working and will contact me if it finds a solution. I'm stuck
March 27th 10 11:54 PM
by swanmt' Go to last post
0 445
getplus (R) error message....help? by girltrax
I keep getting a message saying getplus (R) has stopped working when I try to install things like flashplayer....how do I fix this...anyone know? Thanks!
March 27th 10 02:58 PM
by born2golf Go to last post
2 417
getplus (R) error message....help? by girltrax
I keep getting a message saying getplus (R) has stopped working when I try to install things like flashplayer....how do I fix this...anyone know? Thanks!
March 27th 10 02:31 PM
by girltrax Go to last post
0 297
High Memory use by Bob Hansen[_3_]
Hi Group I'm having a problem with a Dell Inspiron 1500 laptop with Vista home basic. .. It has only 1 gig of Memory. Memory use runs about 850-900 full all the time with no programs open. I've trimmed "services" and unchecked all but vital stuff in system configuration. Task manager-processes shows just the very basic stuff running. I'm at a loss to understand what this machine is doing...
March 27th 10 01:06 PM
by Bob Hansen[_3_] Go to last post
0 296
APPCRASH with explorer.exe by princess21ssj
Hello! Please, I discovered a problem with explorer this morning, while I was copying some files in a usb driver. Explorer.exe doesn't work. This is the crash report: Or in english:
March 27th 10 12:44 PM
by princess21ssj Go to last post
0 277
APPCRASH with explorer.exe by princess21ssj
Hello! Please, I discovered a problem with explorer this morning, while I was copying some files in a usb driver. Explorer.exe doesn't work. This is the crash report: Or in english:
March 27th 10 12:44 PM
by princess21ssj Go to last post
0 416
Recovery Drive Gone by Wakener
Hi-- After some major problems with my system, I had to perform a complete reinstall of Vista. The folks from Dell talked me through it. But now, in my My Computer window, where it used to show my 2 hard drives plus the Recovery Drive, it no longer shows the Recovery Drive. I was relatively sure that space was partitioned off of my C drive, but it's not showing up. there's a possibility that a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 27th 10 07:21 AM
by eXistenZ[_2_] Go to last post
12 747
"This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way." by SapperPest19
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error! This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I have gotten this error after installing several different programs
March 26th 10 04:39 PM
by Demuri Go to last post
8 449
Missing space on my computer by Sinesthera
So without me downloading or adding anything to my computer I have Slowly watched the gigabites disappearing from my computer. Now this has happened over a period of time so I've been taking corrective measures and trying to reallocate items onto disks etc. but in all truth its a bit beyond me whats taking up all the space. It says that I have 450 GB on drive C. Total. I've been looking at...
March 26th 10 11:26 AM
by mikeyhsd[_4_] Go to last post
2 422
Missing space on my computer by Sinesthera
I can't account for around 200 gb of space on my computer. C folder is 450 gb I've been looking through my files and folders and I can only account for about 200-250 gb and I am almost out of space. I am trying to defrag my hard drive and I started compressing file folders which is saving some space but I am not sure if this should account for the entirety of the problem. I haven't downloaded...
March 26th 10 03:45 AM
by Sinesthera Go to last post
0 283
Missing space on my computer by Sinesthera
So without me downloading or adding anything to my computer I have Slowly watched the gigabites disappearing from my computer. Now this has happened over a period of time so I've been taking corrective measures and trying to reallocate items onto disks etc. but in all truth its a bit beyond me whats taking up all the space. It says that I have 450 GB on drive C. Total. I've been looking at...
March 26th 10 03:40 AM
by Sinesthera Go to last post
0 252
task scheduler stopped working by Maurice[_3_]
Am getting a warning box on startup: Task Scheduler has stopped working When I try to start the program directly I get Error )x8000FFF. The process is showing as active. I cleaned the registry and ran sfc.exe with no results. any ideas?
March 25th 10 06:51 PM
by Maurice[_3_] Go to last post
0 348
task scheduler stopped working by Maurice[_3_]
Am getting a warning box on startup: Task Scheduler has stopped working When I try to start the program directly I get Error )x8000FFF. The process is showing as active. I cleaned the registry and ran sfc.exe with no results. any ideas?
March 25th 10 06:51 PM
by Maurice[_3_] Go to last post
0 238
Task Manager has stopped working by Maurice[_3_]
When starting windows I get a message: Task Manager has stopped working. When I go to control Panel and try to start TM I get an error code Ox8000FFFF Catastrophic Failure. The TM service is running and I have cleaned the registry. Any ideas how to fix?
March 23rd 10 02:10 PM
by Maurice[_3_] Go to last post
0 248
Task Manager has stopped working by Maurice[_3_]
When starting windows I get a message: Task Manager has stopped working. When I go to control Panel and try to start TM I get an error code Ox8000FFFF Catastrophic Failure. The TM service is running and I have cleaned the registry. Any ideas how to fix?
March 23rd 10 02:10 PM
by Maurice[_3_] Go to last post
0 341
problem with shell32.dll by spartacus03
I'm not much of a computer nut here and don't want to mess around my system stuff or i'll end up recovering my whole computer. When i start up my comp and login i get this prompt, "The procedure entry point SHFlushClipboard could not be located in the dynamic library SHELL32.dll." I hit ok and my taskbar and icons go blank. After that some programs run slower, downloading is a little slow, and...
March 22nd 10 07:01 AM
by Ǝиçεl Go to last post
4 400
problem with shell32.dll by spartacus03
I'm not much of a computer nut here and don't want to mess around my system stuff or i'll end up recovering my whole computer. When i start up my comp and login i get this prompt, "The procedure entry point SHFlushClipboard could not be located in the dynamic library SHELL32.dll." I hit ok and my taskbar and icons go blank. After that some programs run slower, downloading is a little slow, and...
March 22nd 10 01:51 AM
by spartacus03 Go to last post
0 268
big problem *(no save ... by sid vicious
.... i don't know where else to tern. my vista wun't save files when i delete a file then restart it cums bck. been a it ovah 2 months.hlp pls. -- sid .... i don't ****in' care -- sid
March 20th 10 11:53 PM
by sid vicious Go to last post

From The