Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista A forum for performance and maintenance tasks in Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintainance)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Defrag by JCG
Greetings: Within my task scheduler, Windows Defrag is configured as such: %windir%\system32\defrag.exe -c-i-g I believe -c is to defrag my c:\ drive. What are the switches -i and -g for?
March 20th 10 11:31 AM
by R. C. White Go to last post
6 470
freezing problems & start up problems by CindyRB8603
I have a Toshiba satellite laptop, just barely over a year old. In Oct. the hard drive went bad and sent it in to toshiba to have it replaced under the warranty. They replaced it with a smaller hard drive first of all and none of the keyboard short cuts work. I called them about the problem and they told me I'd have to send the laptop back to them for that problem! Anywho, starting on tuesday...
March 20th 10 12:44 AM
by CindyRB8603 Go to last post
0 248
freezing problems & start up problems by CindyRB8603
I have a Toshiba satellite laptop, just barely over a year old. In Oct. the hard drive went bad and sent it in to toshiba to have it replaced under the warranty. They replaced it with a smaller hard drive first of all and none of the keyboard short cuts work. I called them about the problem and they told me I'd have to send the laptop back to them for that problem! Anywho, starting on tuesday...
March 20th 10 12:44 AM
by CindyRB8603 Go to last post
0 306
About Vista transparency by sweetfar
SUDDENLY MY WINDOWS ARE NOT TRANSPARENT ANY MORE http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/8996/screen1zq.jpg] AND WHEN I TRY TO ENABLE TRANSPARENCY THE NORMAL WAY, THIS COMES UP http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/9849/screen2f.jpg]
March 19th 10 02:51 PM
by sweetfar Go to last post
4 317
About Vista transparency by sweetfar
SUDDENLY MY WINDOWS ARE NOT TRANSPARENT ANY MORE http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/8996/screen1zq.jpg] AND WHEN I TRY TO ENABLE TRANSPARENCY THE NORMAL WAY, THIS COMES UP http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/9849/screen2f.jpg]
March 19th 10 07:17 AM
by sweetfar Go to last post
0 195
Defrag by JCG
Greetings: Within my task scheduler, Windows Defrag is configured as such: %windir%\system32\defrag.exe -c-i-g I believe -c is to defrag my c:\ drive. What are the switches -i and -g for?
March 18th 10 10:01 AM
by JCG Go to last post
0 206
Startup goes to System Recovery options bow by Robersabel
Have HP Touch Smart computer containing Windows Vista. I turn on unit HP page with options set up, etc. Flashes, and white bar on bottom of screen states Windows loading files Next page box identified as System Recovery Options Don't help problem Never opens Desktop Robert
March 18th 10 12:54 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
2 277
Best format for ReadyBoost by FiOS Dave
I am using a 2GB SD card for ReadyBoost, and want to know what is the best format to use for quickest operation. I've tried FAT, FAT32, exFAT and NTFS, but don't see much difference (except for available space!) Thanks in advance, Dave
March 18th 10 12:04 AM
by RobinGB Go to last post
9 588
March 17th 10 06:07 PM
by TheDuck[_2_] Go to last post
2 280
Vista blue screen problem...please help! by ceVil
I've seen some other threads, here are the dump files: 'RapidSha 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting' (http://rapidshare.com/files/347103149/Minidump.rar.html) Please, help me out here. -- ceVil
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 17th 10 09:14 AM
by Pete N Leanne Go to last post
14 538
How can re-update "failed" Windows Updates? by PPatty89
What are the steps. Thank You -- Kristen Rios
March 16th 10 07:24 PM
by Ǝиçεl Go to last post
2 307
How can re-update "failed" Windows Updates? by PPatty89
What are the steps. Thank You -- Kristen Rios
March 16th 10 07:12 PM
by PPatty89 Go to last post
0 212
March 16th 10 06:52 PM
by PPatty89 Go to last post
0 183
Startup goes to System Recovery options bow by Robersabel
Have HP Touch Smart computer containing Windows Vista. I turn on unit HP page with options set up, etc. Flashes, and white bar on bottom of screen states Windows loading files Next page box identified as System Recovery Options Don't help problem Never opens Desktop Robert
March 16th 10 05:31 PM
by Robersabel Go to last post
0 159
error message from ATI catalyst control center by doneganw
Dear Microsoft Community, I'm getting a warning upon starting up my PC: "The Catalyst (R) Control Center is not supported by the driver version of your enabled graphics adapter. Please update your ATI graphics driver or enable your ATI adapter using the Displays Manager." Huh? Greek to me. I went to the Displays Manager through the control panel and tried to update the driver and it...
March 16th 10 07:17 AM
by doneganw Go to last post
0 185
Unable to delete folder with too long name by sunil
Dear Sir, Eclipse has created folder inside folder recusively. Now I am not able to delete this folder using neither 'Windows Explorer' nor using command prompt using RMDIR/S. It tells names of folder is too long. Pleasew help me in how to delete it. Regards,
March 15th 10 09:51 PM
by arlanda Go to last post
8 387
Vista Home Premium - why IIS log files - no functioning web server? by notawonk
Using ccleaner on my laptop I find it removes large IIS files. What do they contain? Why not turn off the IIS functions (via ms features) and free whatever space and time they occupy? Any opinions?
March 15th 10 02:34 PM
by notawonk Go to last post
0 168
Vista Home Premium - why IIS log files - no functioning web server? by notawonk
Using ccleaner on my laptop I find it removes large IIS files. What do they contain? Why not turn off the IIS functions (via ms features) and free whatever space and time they occupy? Any opinions?
March 15th 10 02:34 PM
by notawonk Go to last post
0 478
laptop shut down-vista by fareeed
laptop shuts down-Vista I have Vista (acer aspire 4930, intel core 2 duo T5800, 2 gb ddr2) and for an unknown reason the laptop shuts itself down, sometimes after 45 mins, 30 mins, sometimes after 10 mins. not know why it happen... I have tried system restore, downloaded windows updates, updated avira and done a full scan (of which took several hours and the laptop stayed on) all fans
March 14th 10 07:43 PM
by brummyfan[_27_] Go to last post
6 302
laptop shut down-vista by fareeed
laptop shuts down-Vista I have Vista (acer aspire 4930, intel core 2 duo T5800, 2 gb ddr2) and for an unknown reason the laptop shuts itself down, sometimes after 45 mins, 30 mins, sometimes after 10 mins. not know why it happen... I have tried system restore, downloaded windows updates, updated avira and done a full scan (of which took several hours and the laptop stayed on) all fans
March 14th 10 01:12 PM
by fareeed Go to last post

From The