Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista A forum for performance and maintenance tasks in Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintainance)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Blue Screen....Vista...Safe/Normal Mode......Problem by Mike[_54_]
I had this problem this morning, never heard of before. My laptop wont allow me to log-in. In safe mode, I can log-in but Bill Gates IE wont run and things look ugly on the screen. I tried System Recovery, the machine kept running for an hour till I gave-up. Any expert with this provide some directions on how to fix? What about Re-Formatting the machine if that would eliminate the problem? I...
April 6th 10 02:25 PM
by Mike[_54_] Go to last post
0 330
Blue Screen....Vista...Safe/Normal Mode......Problem by Mike[_54_]
I had this problem this morning, never heard of before. My laptop wont allow me to log-in. In safe mode, I can log-in but Bill Gates IE wont run and things look ugly on the screen. I tried System Recovery, the machine kept running for an hour till I gave-up. Any expert with this provide some directions on how to fix? What about Re-Formatting the machine if that would eliminate the problem? I...
April 6th 10 02:25 PM
by Mike[_54_] Go to last post
0 414
page fault in nonpaged area by Sugar
My first computer ever! e-machine with Vista Premium Home; I get this big blue screen with STOP:oxooooo5o(oxf5eo718,oxooooooo1,ox81d4f0b5,oxooooooo2)and Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area ; and something about disable bios memory options such as caching or shadowing. It usually takes about 2-3 hours of surfin or workin and then BLAM! Help Pleze.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 6th 10 04:05 AM
by Cybersquirt Go to last post
23 1,348
sharing printer attched to x64 Vista machine with x86 XP machine by Mister Scary
When I browse for a printer on the network I can see the workgroup, I can see the PC with the printer, but I don't see the printer show up under the PC in the Add Printer Wizard dialog. This was easy for me back when there were two machines running XP. I have installed the x86 printer driver on the Vista machine. Would this be easier if I upgraded the Vista machine to Windows 7?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 6th 10 03:05 AM
by MilesAhead[_4_] Go to last post
14 801
Configuring Updates: Stage 3 of 3 0% Complete, Computer Restarts Continuously by TGL
Yesterday, I used Avanquest System Suite 9, Recovery Commander to go back to a checkpoint date of 3/27/2010 to see if I could recover some internet explorer history after it was deleted on 3/31/2010 after I reset internet explorer settings which Belkin had me do since I was having problems connecting to my router, anyway, my wireless connection only got straightened out by me after I deleted my...
April 5th 10 10:11 PM
by Ǝиçεl Go to last post
2 412
sharing printer attched to x64 Vista machine with x86 XP machine by Mister Scary
When I browse for a printer on the network I can see the workgroup, I can see the PC with the printer, but I don't see the printer show up under the PC in the Add Printer Wizard dialog. This was easy for me back when there were two machines running XP. I have installed the x86 printer driver on the Vista machine. Would this be easier if I upgraded the Vista machine to Windows 7?
April 4th 10 05:16 PM
by Mister Scary Go to last post
0 286
Configuring Updates: Stage 3 of 3 0% Complete, Computer Restarts Continuously by TGL
Yesterday, I used Avanquest System Suite 9, Recovery Commander to go back to a checkpoint date of 3/27/2010 to see if I could recover some internet explorer history after it was deleted on 3/31/2010 after I reset internet explorer settings which Belkin had me do since I was having problems connecting to my router, anyway, my wireless connection only got straightened out by me after I deleted my...
April 4th 10 02:29 AM
by TGL Go to last post
0 287
windows features blank screen by John[_28_]
programs and features - Turn windows Features on and off comes up with a blank screen. i tried the driver scan thing with no success. Is there anything else that might work? John
April 3rd 10 02:09 PM
by John[_28_] Go to last post
4 430
windows features blank screen by John[_28_]
programs and features - Turn windows Features on and off comes up with a blank screen. i tried the driver scan thing with no success. Is there anything else that might work? John
April 2nd 10 10:27 PM
by John[_28_] Go to last post
0 281
error message from ATI catalyst control center by doneganw
Dear Microsoft Community, I'm getting a warning upon starting up my PC: "The Catalyst (R) Control Center is not supported by the driver version of your enabled graphics adapter. Please update your ATI graphics driver or enable your ATI adapter using the Displays Manager." Huh? Greek to me. I went to the Displays Manager through the control panel and tried to update the driver and it...
April 1st 10 11:29 PM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
4 453
Windows recovering from unexpected shutdown by phatkiwi
Hello, My computer is randomly going blue screen and shutting down. When I restart it comes up with this message Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3 Locale ID: 6153 Additional information about the problem: BCCode: 1000007e
April 1st 10 04:24 PM
by Sandy[_2_] Go to last post
2 359
Windows recovering from unexpected shutdown by phatkiwi
Hello, My computer is randomly going blue screen and shutting down. When I restart it comes up with this message Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3 Locale ID: 6153 Additional information about the problem: BCCode: 1000007e
March 31st 10 08:51 PM
by phatkiwi Go to last post
0 260
Missing space on my computer by Sinesthera
I can't account for around 200 gb of space on my computer. C folder is 450 gb I've been looking through my files and folders and I can only account for about 200-250 gb and I am almost out of space. I am trying to defrag my hard drive and I started compressing file folders which is saving some space but I am not sure if this should account for the entirety of the problem. I haven't downloaded...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 31st 10 07:27 PM
by Sinesthera Go to last post
12 740
There must be a way....... by [email protected]
There must be a way to be sure all Vista and W7 system files are signed (not corrupted). I've researched and have not found a way. Can anybody help?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 30th 10 12:20 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
16 668
Taskbar Freezing/Unclickable by kraziet
I've recently installed Windows Vista: Ultimate, and have ran into 2 problems that i've noticed. One problem is that my taskbar freezes after double-clicking the speaker icon in the taskbar. I can hoover over the speaker with my mouse, and it would be ok, but once i double-click it, then the entire taskbar freezes, and only the Start button is accessible, as well as my entire desktop, but...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 29th 10 08:03 PM
by Suriname Go to last post
16 690
There must be a way....... by [email protected]
There must be a way to be sure all Vista and W7 system files are signed (not corrupted). I've researched and have not found a way. Can anybody help?
March 29th 10 07:57 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 292
Vista runs out of physical memory when working with files 1GB - memory management issue? by Robert Janik
I regularly see issue where Vista runs out of physical memory and starts swapping memory into the page file and as hard drive operations dramatically increase explorer stops responding or is responding very slowly. One example is a situation where I have opened Visual Studio , while editing 3D scene in trueSpace. After opening and closing a 3D scene several times I experienced very slow...
March 29th 10 06:19 PM
by Robert Janik Go to last post
0 264
High Memory use by Bob Hansen[_3_]
Hi Group I'm having a problem with a Dell Inspiron 1500 laptop with Vista home basic. .. It has only 1 gig of Memory. Memory use runs about 850-900 full all the time with no programs open. I've trimmed "services" and unchecked all but vital stuff in system configuration. Task manager-processes shows just the very basic stuff running. I'm at a loss to understand what this machine is doing...
March 28th 10 05:15 PM
by Bob Hansen[_3_] Go to last post
4 411
vista update help by Leirhiht
HI i have windows vista and i waS getting some bad viruses. so i restored the system from a week ago. now ive downloaded the Zune software and it wont finish set up it loads for hours. so i try shutting my laptop down and while shutting down its configuring upates for a very long time. ill turn it back on, it installs 3 updates and try to install zune again does not work. ive had zune before and...
March 28th 10 12:48 PM
by Ǝиçεl Go to last post
2 396
vista update help by Leirhiht
HI i have windows vista and i waS getting some bad viruses. so i restored the system from a week ago. now ive downloaded the Zune software and it wont finish set up it loads for hours. so i try shutting my laptop down and while shutting down its configuring upates for a very long time. ill turn it back on, it installs 3 updates and try to install zune again does not work. ive had zune before and...
March 28th 10 06:57 AM
by Leirhiht Go to last post

From The