Threads in Forum : Windows Vista File Management Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
File info and properties when you right ckick on a file by halwaraj
Hi, I have a executable. When I right click on it, when it is present on XP. I can see tabs and when i click a perticular tab, i can see all the properties. Some of the properties are like Build version, Private build info. But on Vista, I cannot see all the properties. I cannot see the properties like
December 11th 08 11:38 AM
by halwaraj Go to last post
0 292
Want to know the latest about how to manage effective teams. by Jordan_juan
Want to know the latest about how to manage effective teams, keep the motivation going during these hard times and calm the anxiety of your staff? I discovered a great find, the gift of the Journal for Influential Leadership as a surprise bonus when you answer "What is your leadership challenge?" At'http://www.AskInfluentialLeaders.com' (http://www.askinfluentialleaders.com/) It is normally part...
December 11th 08 10:40 AM
by Jordan_juan Go to last post
0 363
Run as administrator problem by ultralord910
Well, after unsuccessfully uninstalling a program in windows Vista, I tried to manually delete everything from the program files folder, however, I was denied permission to delete that folder. I tinkered permission settings from this thread ' clicky' (http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/67717-take-ownership-file.html) but was successful. I never knew that I had to restart the system to be able to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 10th 08 07:27 AM
by RichFrogg Go to last post
19 655
search wont find files in locations i set to index by roffler
For example, i hate going into windows/system32/drivers/etc/ to edit my hosts file. I went into indexing options, and i added both C: and D: to be indexed. I noticed that C: excluded folders windows and program files, and I removed those from the exclusion. But still whenever I try to search from windows explorer in C: or from the Start Menu, it never finds Hosts. I haven't tried rebuilding the...
December 9th 08 10:31 PM
by Richie Hardwick[_2_] Go to last post
1 342
Windows Explorer Drag and Drop Bug - Copies to Wrong Folder Level? by benneyb
I just got a new Vista64 PC last weekend, and I think I discovered a bug while copying my daughters iTunes library from an external drive to the new HD. I have been using drag and drop for years, usually with right clink to confirm actions, so I'm no novice here. I kept having problems when selecting the iTunes folder and dragging on top of the iTunes folder on the destination drive, but...
December 9th 08 07:20 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
1 278
Changing the Shortcut's target path by digitaldevil
I haven't check on other forums, I'm sorry if this has been posted before. I got a question regarding in changing a shortcut's target path. An example would be "C:\Users\Sad Panda\Desktop\Contig.exe" into "C:\Users\Sad Panda\Desktop\Contig.exe -s *.* -v"
December 9th 08 05:39 AM
by The Max[_2_] Go to last post
1 300
Win Vista modified ID3 tags by babsbini
Hi All, Recently, I copied a large bunch of music files from my mp3 player to my external HDD for backup. The music files on the player were organized as per my needs with ID3 tags for artist, title, genre etc. After copying I found that Vista had replaced the genre tag with something of its own! E.g. a genre that I had created called "World Fusion" was replaced by "Jazz" and "Western Classical"...
December 9th 08 05:13 AM
by babsbini Go to last post
0 304
Deleting Files and clean space, yet I keep losing room?? by The Driver
I started Deleting Files and cleaning space, yet my drive shows I'm losing space?? What is going on? Thanks -- The Driver
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 9th 08 03:32 AM
by Tepid Go to last post
13 516
counting file name by Periz28
Hello, i need to know if there is an easy way (or help with a difficult way) to count how many times a partial filename appears in a folder. for example: in today's folder I have 45 pdf's. I need to know how many of them contain "- 1 -" as part of the filename. Can anyone help? thank you!
December 8th 08 07:05 PM
by Periz28 Go to last post
2 293
Have to boot up using disc by yorkshire lass
Ever since I got rid of 2 trojans that Threatfire found (they came in with an Incredimail installer and a Photoframe Installer) I have to use the installation disc to boot up. If I run checkdisc it says that "no problems have been found". If I take the disc out and boot up, everything seems ok for about an hour and then everything freezes and I can only get out by turning off the power by...
December 8th 08 05:19 PM
by yorkshire lass Go to last post
0 260
cannot delete a file due to error that file is open by cloudgrin
I have looked at other posts in this forum regarding similar problems, but have not successfully delete a file. It is an ISO file located on a secondary drive under several levels of directories. My attempts to delete are given an error that the file is open by another program. I can copy the file to another partition but I cannot rename, delete or move it. I have attempted the following: ...
December 8th 08 11:21 AM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 271
Help!!! I Cannot delete a folder that I created on my D-drive (please read as I have tried the standard solutions) by Cynyster
I hope someone has found a solution to this as it is extremely annoying to me. (BTW this is vista ultimate 32 bit version) I created a folder on my D-drive called "Music and stuff..." (yes the three periods at the end are part of the folder name) This folder I can not access, delete, rename or even look at the permissions (let alone take ownership of it)
December 7th 08 11:29 PM
by cloudgrin Go to last post
9 285
File extensions by Rick[_7_]
I'm a newbie here. I would like to be able to open a few pictures with the file extensions of .mix and .orig.. I don't like 3rd party software on my computer. Is there a program thru Microsoft that will help me? If Microsoft can't help me, I would be willing to download another program. Thanks
December 7th 08 03:45 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
4 271
Missing registry files // cant start all windows programs!! by Memon
Hey guys! Im new to this forum but i hope it goes well (sorry for my poor English). I have a problem after running a registry cleaner program who removed registry files i needed to start up my pc properly... Now my windows starts and all but i cant use the mice or the keyboard and its very few programs witch starts. I've tried to run the pc in safe mode and normal but none of them work...
December 7th 08 12:00 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
5 359
Question
I can't filter photo files by date taken by Greenman999
I have a large list of photo & video files in a directory. Most have been edited. I want to list them by date taken, so I can make a DVD in Windows DVD Maker. In Explorer I've tried many different filters (date, date taken, date created etc) and none filters by the date the photo was taken. Every file still has that date, as I can find it in Real Player file properties (though the file in Windows...
December 6th 08 09:28 PM
by Michael Walraven[_3_] Go to last post
7 331
Error saving html file by Tsmit
I am doing some webdesign and keep on running into the following error: When I am saving changes to .html files (which I am editing in Notepad), stored in a folder in Documents, I get the following message: "Cannot create the C:\...html file. Make sure that the path and filename are correct" Thinking this is a permissions problem I have added full permissions to my user on the security tab...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 6th 08 01:23 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
11 548
Vista file saving problem by Kavinda Kariyawasam
hi, i hav a strange problem, i have Vista business with sp1 installed, i cannot save any of word / excel/ppt (off 2007) files or web files. if i modify existing files, then i can save but cannot use "save as" to give different name or location. plz help.. Tkx kavi...
December 6th 08 12:27 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
7 307
Cannot stop file sharing on a directory by wjwestcott
My documents folder appears to have become shared with another user on my computer. I want to turn this off. Alternatively I would like to turn it off for a sub folder of my documents. I am using Vista Home Premium. When I select Share on the directory, and then try to stop file sharing or remove the other user from being allowed to share, the system thinks about it for a while and then...
December 6th 08 10:34 AM
by TomR Go to last post
3 394
SPOOLER SUBSYSTEM APP STOPPED WORKING by Toyman
This morning, I just started getting a nastygram at startup - "Spooler subsystem app stopped working and was closed". Rebooted, but then CHKDSK ran and made some changes, but the same 'Spooler' message displayed again. CHKDSK may have run on the initial boot, but I missed it. Also ran an Avast scan which found 2 corrupt (missing cluster) files & 1 corrupt Java file. Avast couldn't read any...
December 5th 08 03:46 PM
by Toyman Go to last post
0 314
Where are my downloaded files? by Gavin
Okay, I researched this in RC1 and got some suggestions as to typing path names for files I download that are not visible in my Documents folder (sandbox was mentioned as the culprit). I now have the RTM and still cannot see files I download. How do I set defaults in Vista so it doesn't hide my downloaded files!?
December 5th 08 05:11 AM
by schumacher6 Go to last post

From The