Threads in Forum : Windows Vista File Management Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Vista 'Previous Versions Tab' Missing by redfoxtx
Hi, I'm using Vista Premium Home 64-bit and I've noticed that I have no Previous Versions Tab available on any of my files. I tried out 'this registry fix' (http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/170081-previous-versions-tab-restore-remove-properties.html) with no success. I also changed the services (Micrososft Software Shadow Copy and VSS)
January 12th 09 09:22 PM
by Brink Go to last post
6 338
External drive suddenly read-only by woodentopz
hi there im trying to regain write-access to an external hard drive which, after a reboot, Vista decided it would no longer let me write anything to...(worth repeating, i didnt change any setting in order for this to happen, i just rebooted!) In an earlier question on this issue someone suggested the followin Start orb
January 12th 09 08:54 PM
by woodentopz Go to last post
4 322
config.nt or autoexec.nt problems by hexaae[_2_]
Hello, I’m trying to use some aliases for MS-DOS shell commands in Vista... I’ve edited C:\Windows\system32\config.nt adding this line: “doskey finder=findstr /I /M /R $*”. It doesn’t work: a new command prompt still says “finder” is unknown command. Why this? Where is my error? PS Even after a logoff-logon or reboot it’s still the same.
January 11th 09 04:03 PM
by hexaae[_2_] Go to last post
1 260
What controls which columns Explorer displays in a "Details" directory list? by Michael Moser
Again and again I have the odd effect (I'ld call it a bug) that Explorer in some arbitrary directory (like e.g. some program's install directory underneath "C:\Program Files") displays odd and completely stupid columns, like tags, rating, artist, date taken, etc. instead of the usual type, size, date modified, etc. Apparently it thinks that these directories contain music or picture...
January 11th 09 03:58 PM
by Michael Moser Go to last post
0 274
Multiple boot and NTFS problems -- Vista, Ubuntu/GRUB, CHKDSK by wesleyx
I have a dual-boot (Vista/Ubuntu) system, with 2 system hard drives. Each drive has both Vista and Ubuntu, in multiple partitions, and my intent is that the second hard drive should be a bootable mirror of the first, for both Vista and Ubuntu. This seemed like a very good idea at the time -- in the event of a drive problem on HD-0, I simply would boot from HD-1, for both Vista and Ubuntu. I...
January 10th 09 03:10 AM
by wesleyx Go to last post
0 332
Start Programs: how do I customize? by OldGrantonian
From the "Start" menu in XP, I was able to arrange programs into hierarchical groups, and add programs to the "Startup" folder (programs that launch at startup).. All these tasks were done using Windows Explorer in "Documents and Settings" I would be grateful if someone could advise me (or provide a link) how to do this in Vista. Thanks.
January 9th 09 02:44 PM
by Louie Kapp Go to last post
7 335
Program Files: strange column headings by OldGrantonian[_2_]
I have Vista Home Premium 32-bit. In Program Files, I create a new folder by File New Folder This is for files that do not create registry entries (like "ERUNT") The column headings can be: Name, Artists, Album, #, Genre or
January 9th 09 01:27 PM
by LVTravel Go to last post
1 313
Moving files to a new account (Vista) by LostOnline
Hi. I swear I have read old posts and still cannot figure out how to get a file or program from one user account to another user account on Vista. I can't believe I cannot figure this out!!!!! BTW, neither user account is the admin account. -- LostOnline
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 8th 09 01:26 PM
by Gordon[_5_] Go to last post
11 633
Right Click problem by troispuits
Hi, I am having a problem with my Vista X64 and hope if anyone can help. For sometimes now, whenever I right click on any icon on desktop or in File Manager, the action triggers Adobe Acrobat Installation program. Can anyone tell me how to fix it? Thank you very much in advance, Dzung Nguyen
January 7th 09 10:54 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
3 291
Double clicking explorer always opens a new explorer window by GregDude
This just started happening, perhaps in the last few days. I just want explorer to show the double clicked folder or drive in the same window, same as if I right click 'explore' on a folder item. These are the things I've tried so far: 1) Control Panel - Folder Options - Open each folder in the same window 2) Uninstall all software installed in the last week (except nVidia driver and...
January 7th 09 09:39 PM
by Nou Bary[_2_] Go to last post
3 318
Lost my favorites folder, Please help by myGunner
I really need help with my favorites folder. I have 3 or 4 different favorites folders. I dont know how that happened. I have restored my computer to an earler time 3 different times because I lost all my information I had in there. I tried restoring to defaults, but that did not help. I used the export, I am not sure what that did. When I try to organize the favorites I get this: "can not find...
January 7th 09 06:55 PM
by myGunner Go to last post
0 301
problem after update to windows search 4.0 by Lennard Minneboo
Hope someone can help! In Windows Vista I often use the option 'stack files by name'. After installing the update Windows Search 4.0 stacking files by name does not work any longer. The folders are empty! I tried uninstalling the update and that works. I believe it originally is Windows Search 3.1 and the update updates it to 4.0. Anyway, I can't stand this and also want...
January 7th 09 05:02 PM
by Pavel A.[_3_] Go to last post
1 338
XP Vista & Office Cheap! by Mamiko
XP Home US$19, Pro US$29 Vista US$29 Up MS Office US$49 Up
January 7th 09 10:44 AM
by Mamiko Go to last post
0 338
Lost my ALL PROGRAMS by dinesh
Hi, On my desktop, i recently found that there was an entry in my ALL PROGRAMS, that was "Programs". I thought i would not need it so shift deleted the "Programs" and now i cannot find anything under ALL PROGRAMS. :cry: There used to be alot of items like Windows Defender, Windows Updates, Fax and Scan, Mozilla Firefox, Yahoo Messenger, etc... Now its just blank. I tried system restore and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 7th 09 01:34 AM
by Jim Moriarty[_2_] Go to last post
12 588
Gah!! cant delete stupid desktop icon?? help?? by Akarithor
I tried to download something a few weeks ago, i cant remember what it was, but i decided to cancel half way, but an icon had already been created, and now, i cant delete it. I use the delete button and it says i need permission cause im not user administrator, BUT I AM!! theres no other account but mine on my laptop, and then i click i agree, and it says it cant. Now normally i wouldnt be too...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 6th 09 07:19 PM
by elixir Go to last post
13 593
ÇõÈqÈVÈ^ÈfÈUÈ_ÈhÈZ È^ È]ÈUÈ`ÈUÈ]ÈqÈWÈUÈ_ÈhÈZ by Devivci
ÈGÈHÈEÈP ÈcÈU ÈBÈCÇõÈPÇý ÇöÈCÇ÷ Çü ÈEÈCÇúÇ÷ÇøÈFÈGÇõÈC 2008-09!
January 6th 09 01:15 PM
by Devivci Go to last post
0 350
Pitkä mutta kapea by Olavi Sundell
Minulta on monelta suunnalta tiedusteltu, että ketkä on ne asiattomuuksia tänne nettiin kirjoittavat kaverit, joista on tullut valtavasti valituksia heidän ökyillessään asiattomia ydinaiheisia materiaalejaan tänne? No koska olen asian aina tienyt, niin voin kysyjille valaista pikkasen. Eli kyse on tosiaan TVO:n toimenkuvaansa enemmän kuin kyllästyneet ja pingoittuneet insinööristöt. Koska ole...
January 6th 09 03:44 AM
by Olavi Sundell Go to last post
0 345
Lost Indexing of Old HDD by Mister Strategy
I need help recovering files (favorites, .pst, photos, My Docs) from an HDD array. Here is the background: - For some time, I have successfully operated a home-built system consisting of an Intel C2D E6600, Asus P5b Deluxe Mobo, and two WD 250 GB Caviars configured in RAID1 (amongst other components). - I recently installed two new WD 300 GB Velociraptors in RAID 0 configuration. I...
January 4th 09 06:02 PM
by DL Go to last post
4 361
Huge Vista problem. Deleted udate files and now won't boot in any mode or reinstall.. by SPQR Spectre
Let me start by saying that I claim to have absolutely no knowledge regarding the technical in's and out's of PCs. I do know how to use them in the usual day-to-day activities that revolve around the home and school environment. Outside of that, every bit of information I have acquired has been through the school of trial and error. With that said I will try to describe my situation as best I...
January 3rd 09 09:01 PM
by SPQR Spectre Go to last post
0 318
Folder Option View Settings - Is this issue being worked on? by Dar Wunder
I have had issues getting Vista to remember folder display settings from Day 1. I had hoped SP1 would fix them, but it didn't. I haven't seen anything from Microsoft even acknowledging that there is a problem, so I don't have high hopes that the issues will be fixed by SP2 either. The fixes I have found on-line work temporarily, but eventually Vista starts ignoring the customized...
January 2nd 09 07:06 PM
by Dar Wunder Go to last post

From The