Extremely Poor eSATA Transfer by sikntired
I have been having a lot of difficulties with my FreeAgent Pro 750gb external drive. I am running Vista Home 32bit with 4gigs on an HP 7640n. I have updated every known driver available. Ran HD Tach and got around 118 for peak. However, when I transfer movies (around 3gb) from my internal sata to the external, it starts around 25mb and quickly drops to below 10mb. Sometimes it has gone as low as...
December 25th 09 03:11 AM
by sikntired[_2_] Go to last post
2 235
Award BIOS Post Codes by merkat106
I have a couple of years old hp I am rebuilding for a friend. The model is an Pavilion m8124n with an OEM Asus mobo. I just went to test it before installing it back into its case using the bare minimum (processor, heatsink, monitor, psu, one stick of ram and a keyboard). As I powered it on, it began beeping. One short beep followed by one long beep then a short pause then it repeats. I did not...
December 24th 09 10:43 PM
by Rich. Go to last post
2 318
Nvidia GeForce 7300 GS 512Mb drivers by russell997
I have the above graphics card and can't get any drivers to work with Vista Home Premium 64 bit. any help would be welcome.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 24th 09 10:23 PM
by kenan bilgin Go to last post
14 582
Award BIOS Post Codes by merkat106
I have a couple of years old hp I am rebuilding for a friend. The model is an Pavilion m8124n with an OEM Asus mobo. I just went to test it before installing it back into its case using the bare minimum (processor, heatsink, monitor, psu, one stick of ram and a keyboard). As I powered it on, it began beeping. One short beep followed by one long beep then a short pause then it repeats. I did not...
December 24th 09 09:41 PM
by merkat106 Go to last post
0 228
Task Scheduler and notebook Battery event ? by Harold Little
I would like to use Task Scheduler in Vista to launch a script, IF the laptop changes from A/C power to Battery power. and I want a second task to monitor when the laptop returns from battery to A/C power. I need help, I can not determine what settings to use once I select event as my triggers. Can any one help ?
December 24th 09 08:34 PM
by undisclosed Go to last post
2 243
tool to identify processes accessing hard drive by John A Grandy[_2_]
Vista Ultimate SP2 Toshiba Satellite x205-sli4 I need a tool that will tell me which processes are accessing the hard disk. My system is madly accessing the hard drive, even after reboot with no foreground processes running, but Task Manager does not show any significant CPU activity ( just dwm.exe , taskmgr.exe ).
December 24th 09 06:03 AM
by Poutnik Go to last post
6 290
tool to identify processes accessing hard drive by John A Grandy[_2_]
Vista Ultimate SP2 Toshiba Satellite x205-sli4 I need a tool that will tell me which processes are accessing the hard disk. My system is madly accessing the hard drive, even after reboot with no foreground processes running, but Task Manager does not show any significant CPU activity ( just dwm.exe , taskmgr.exe ).
December 23rd 09 07:05 PM
by John A Grandy[_2_] Go to last post
0 219
Bluetooth Peripheral Device cannot be found. by Alvin Paul L. Azurin
Can someone please help me to locate the drivers for the below devices? Device ID: BTHENUM\{00000004-0000-1000-8000-0002ee000002}_LOCALMFG&000f BTHENUM\{00005005-0000-1000-8000-0002ee000001}_LOCALMFG&000f BTHENUM\{00005601-0000-1000-8000-0002ee000001}_LOCALMFG&000f
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 22nd 09 08:05 PM
by cindythegreat Go to last post
18 515
CPU heatsink fan by RickyBobby[_2_]
I like to build computers as a hobby and have been doing it for some years now. I have some family and I have generally handed down my year old computers to them so that I would have a reason to build me a new one. When I am done building one I look at the hardware monitor stuff in the BIOS and like the CPU temp to be below 120 F. Not that I think that it matters all that much but 120 is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 22nd 09 05:54 PM
by RickyBobby[_2_] Go to last post
12 441
can't get normal start up with Vista by Ballina[_7_]
My computer specs are ASUS PK5 deluxe motherboard, quad core 2.4 intel, 4 gigs ram, C drive is Raptor Western Digital 10K 85 gigs and D drive is western digital 150gigs 72K. I do not have an internal CD drive as I had bought a external DVD rewrite about 3 months before I bought the computer so I told them not to install it (customer order). My problems started two weeks ago after I installed...
December 22nd 09 10:54 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 184
TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L632H ATA drive by VISTA ce rom failure
My cd rom icon is missing. I cannot use cd rom to reinstall my system. The current operating system is Vista. Hope anybody can help me.
December 22nd 09 10:48 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
2 278
TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L632H ATA drive by VISTA ce rom failure
My cd rom icon is missing. I cannot use cd rom to reinstall my system. The current operating system is Vista. Hope anybody can help me.
December 22nd 09 03:17 AM
by VISTA ce rom failure Go to last post
0 180
Network Icon Missing by Paul Calcagno
I've got an Acer Desktop running Vista Home Premium (SP2) with 2 GB of RAM. All WU's are current. I'm Running CA (California Associates) Security Suite software with no conflict issues. Also have MBAM malware software, CCleaner and SuperAntiSpywareProfessional. I use Windows defender and Windows firewall. As far as I know I have no Malware/Spyware, AV issues. I use Firefox for browsing. I got a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 22nd 09 02:18 AM
by R. C. White Go to last post
28 748
Can't find my Card Reader or driver by [email protected]
I have a built-in card reader in my laptop. However, I can only see it in Device Manager if I have a card inserted. I am having trouble as, when I insert a card, the card reader isn't showing up - so I can't check the driver because I can't find it. I changed it recently to the most updated, digitally signed driver. Can someone help?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 22nd 09 02:00 AM
by ashvin Go to last post
36 875
Can't find my Card Reader or driver by James Kosin[_3_]
Ok, Any luck on my instructions? James wrote in message ...
December 22nd 09 02:00 AM
by ashvin Go to last post
5 338
Laptop won't boot, keeps running system repair--help? by Anne.B
Hi, there. :) Okay, so yesterday both my laptop, an hp Pavillion dv6700, and my mom's, an hp G60, decided it'd be cool to stop working. (What're the chances of that?) And I've already typed up this post earlier but my computer (my mom's laptop) froze and shut down just as I pressed Submit, so I'll try to be brief. This morning I called HP tech support and they had me run a hard disk self test...
December 21st 09 07:08 PM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
4 448
Keyboard Repeat Delay by Sonicpelican
Changes to the "Keyboard Repeat Delay" settings are not saved. The Keyboard Repeat Delay has defaulted to "Fast" which means holding down a key for just a microsecond means 2 or 3 of the same letter is repeated. This happens in all applications. You can set the delay to "Slow" to fix the problem but after a reboot it defaults back to "Fast". Anyone have any answers or having the same...
December 21st 09 06:15 PM
by Starflare5 Go to last post
9 301
thanks for not answering question#2 by Stan Starinski[_4_]
I answered no less than 60 quests here. In exchange I got only 1 response ot my own quest., and none to the other SIMPLE quest. Simple for people who use the stuff I was askign about. menus pop up ion left & right now instead of organized right or left side (menus which expand to the either side of mouse cursor). Also how to keep laptop's internal LCD resolutiuon while activating dual...
December 21st 09 04:29 PM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
3 205
thanks for not answering question#2 by Bill Kearney
You're a real ass. Ask the questions and wait. It's possible nobody knows the answer. Or, more likely, they know what a flake you are and refuse to help. You don't mention what make/model laptop is being used, therefore it's not possible to give a decent answer. Ask a decent question (without being such an ass) and maybe then you'll get a decent answer. When using external displays...
December 21st 09 04:29 PM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
1 163
Can't Install 1TB Hard Drives by urGirl
A work around that has worked for me was to format the brand new 1TB hdd on another computer running windows. I had to connect the brand new one as a secondary hard drive on a working system first, then open up disk management and format the new hdd using NTFS file system. After it had been formatted, I connected it back to the computer where I was setting it up as the primary hdd, and voila!...
December 21st 09 04:08 PM
by Bill Kearney Go to last post

From The