  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
Sony Laptops: 'Motion Eye' camera by colt22[_3_]
My Sony Vaio VGN-120C has a built-in camera camera called 'Motion Eye'.Even since I installed vista x64, the camera is useless as Sony does not make a 64 bit driver for it. Does anyone know who the underlying manufacturer of this camera is so I can hopefully track down the right driver for it thanks alot..would like to get this thing working finally!
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 6th 10 08:43 PM
by ugodrama Go to last post
13 1,378
USB Flash drives not recognized by AOTech
Under Vista Ultimate, when I insert a flash drive, the OS does not recognize it as a USB Mass storage device, and prompts for drivers. Here are some details: 1. This system was upgraded from XP 2. A Sandisk Cruzer Mini 1GB flash drive was installed prior to the upgrade (this device is the only thumbdrive that works) 3. A USB card reader is present (system allocates 4 removable disks) and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 24th 10 06:57 AM
by Vinoy Vijayan Go to last post
32 1,337
no network connections after windows update by Domd
Hi all I recently updated my vista home and since then I have no network connections whatsoever. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for my Intel pro/wireless 3945 ABG network connection and it still doesnt work. I emailed microsoft support and after 2 days they said check the knowledge base or post here... Any ideas?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 3rd 10 08:25 AM
by Barb Bowman Go to last post
32 1,336
No sound with "SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio" by Roland Semmebraesl
Using a Thinkpad Z60m, executed vanilla installation from an OEM CD of Vista Business 32 Bit (this was no upgrade installation!!). This machine usually running XP. From this I know that sound device is "SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio" AnalogDevices Drivers there work smoothly. Any ideas how I get this thing to work?
April 21st 08 01:17 PM
by Roland Semmebraesl Go to last post
3 1,318
Ide Hard Drive Data Recovery by Walter Goldschmidt[_3_]
I have an Ide internal hard drive I replaced in my computer and I need one of those devices that you plug the drive into and then plug a USB into your computer so you can access the data on the old drive. What is that device called. Walt
May 15th 10 04:59 AM
by Walter Goldschmidt[_3_] Go to last post
7 1,318
Getting Error Code 10 in Device Manager for my CD/DVD drive by vampchick21
Here's the situation. We purchased a new computer with Windows Vista Home Premium. After the Daylight Savings time change, the CD/DVD driver developed an error code 10. Some investigation, and I uninstalled it through Device Manager and then did a recovery and everything was dandy. Last night, it happened again. Code 10 and no recognizing the drive. Once again I go through exactly the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 27th 09 03:05 PM
by gareth3 Go to last post
43 1,316
No Audio Output Device Installed - Help required by OllyC
Hi all, I am experiencing the above error. Apologies for the following dry report, but if I'm sure you will ask if I dont! Thanks in advance for any responses. I have a Tosh U305-S5077 running Vista with all current updates and am receiving the above 'error' - i.e. no sound. It is shown on the speaker on the lower toolbar with a red X on the speaker. The error has been sporadic and has been...
July 27th 10 02:59 PM
by OllyC Go to last post
0 1,314
Vista Sleep Issues by mhornet
I've been having some problems with Vista going to not fully going to sleep and the only way to get it back is to power down and restart. Some times it works fine and others it hangs. How can I tell what program/drivers are still active when the computer is going to sleep? IM guessing its a driver not fully shutting down. Thanks, Mike
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 7th 08 05:38 PM
by confusticated Go to last post
56 1,288
USB to 9-pin serial port by harold timmis
I was Just wondering when Microsoft was going to make a driver for USB to 9-pin male serial port it is the one made by RadioShack Thank You
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 18th 07 01:57 PM
by David Fox[_2_] Go to last post
12 1,282
NEW NVIDIA DRIVERS. by Conor
Version 101.41 just released. Important fixes a lot of people were getting: # Brief corruption (flickering, boxes) on screen at Windows Vista login, CTR-ALT-DEL (Task Manager), or other function that requires Vista User Account Control # Playback issues when playing TV/DVD/video in Media Center with Aero enabled # Outputting via TV-Out shows only a black and white display
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 2nd 07 01:03 PM
by JW Go to last post
62 1,272
How to Recover Data from Western Digital External Hard Drives? by susan
Western Digital Corporation is one of the largest manufacturers of hard drive in the world. It specialized in both internal hard drive and external hard drives. The popular external hard drives these days including WD Elements Portable, WD Elements Portable SE, My Passport Essential and My Passport Essential SE. some of them have the function of backup automatically, but some are not. If you lost...
September 30th 11 07:59 AM
by susan Go to last post
0 1,259
vista sound driver problem by russ_will
every time i shut down vista the sound drivers are changed , i then reinstall the latest realtech drivers but when i shut down my system they revert to ones that do not work . any way to stop vista changing the drivers ?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 22nd 10 05:56 AM
by GG[_5_] Go to last post
22 1,252
mystery IDE storage controller and driver by cholupa2
Howdy all, I searched all over the net and can't seem to find any info on my problem. I got a blue screen about a week ago caused by something with my Graphics card(during the blu screen I was able to read something about graphic memory dump I believe) This makes sense, as I had just clicked to exit NWN2(the game that came bundled with the card). Anyway, ever siscne that, it has booted slowly...
June 19th 11 04:13 PM
by Rohit Goswami Go to last post
4 1,245
pointer jumps all over the place by EPLH
Hi, My pointer jumps all over the place I have a wireless laptop, Vista Home Premier got for xmas with wireless mouse. My pointer jumps everywhere, but the built in mouse also jumps, is there something in the drive or laptop? Anyone have any clues? -- EPLH54
May 1st 11 06:54 PM
by Catherine Gallagher Go to last post
5 1,245
Firewire (IEEE 1394) not working by Hugo
I can´t connect my video camera Sony DV with the firewire connection. I tried the two connections (frontal and back).I am using the 9 pin connector Before installing Vista It worked perfectly. I can connect to my laptop (with a 6 pin cable) and to another older computer with windows XP with the same 9 pin cable without problems. As anybody a solution ?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 23rd 09 03:54 PM
by reedvideo Go to last post
46 1,224
eSATA Drive Question by pbl
I need to get a new external HDD for my laptop and I'm thinking of getting an eSATA drive. My question is this: Can any HDD be turned into an eSATA drive by housing it an enclosure which has an eSATA port or is there something special about SATA drives? I'm not sure whether I should buy an already enclosed SATA or buy the HDD and the enclosure separately (cheaper option). Thanks for your help.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 31st 08 07:42 PM
by Paul[_2_] Go to last post
36 1,217
jumping curser by Michele Green
I do not have a touchpad. I have a Dell Inspiron with Windows 7. I have had to replace the harddrive twice in this machine in 2 years due to fatal crashes. The new harddrive was installed less than 2 weeks ago. Since the installation, my curser moves itself, seemingly at will, while I am typing. Almost every other word has to be altered due to the curser moving to another spot. HELP PLEASE
July 14th 11 07:34 PM
by Michele Green Go to last post
0 1,206
Vista - Mat****a DVD-RAM UJ-850S ATA Device by Gaz
Hi, For some reason my dvd drive has stopped working. The error message I get is "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver mat be corrupt or missing. (Code 39). I have checked for solutions - removed the device, all to no avail. Can anybody help?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 2nd 09 10:51 AM
by sands vs[_2_] Go to last post
18 1,206
I disabled my laptop touchpad and now can't enable it by rh0000
I have a Toshiba Satellite A100-033 running Vista Home Basic. I mostly use the laptop as a desk top replacement and, as I dislike using the touchpad, I disabled it, and instead I use an external mouse via one of the USB ports. On my laptop the standard way to disable the touchpad is by simultaneously pressing the Fn key and the F9 key. However, to be honest, I am not sure whether I did in...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 30th 10 01:35 PM
by undisclosed Go to last post
10 1,202
Vista32, new driver? & USB Mouse/Keyboard not working by Scott J. Stringfellow
Yesterday my Vista32 Ultimate was working fine, this morning it was in Standby mode - not normal behavior, as I have backups & scanning running most of the night. Powered on and found mouse didn't work. After that keyboard failed. Worked on it, found it to be Win problem but not sure what. Reading here I may be victim of USB problem, though I've been running fine since Christmas. Tried...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 1st 10 05:22 PM
by Ken Watkinson Go to last post
28 1,197