  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
Vista32, new driver? & USB Mouse/Keyboard not working by Scott J. Stringfellow
Yesterday my Vista32 Ultimate was working fine, this morning it was in Standby mode - not normal behavior, as I have backups & scanning running most of the night. Powered on and found mouse didn't work. After that keyboard failed. Worked on it, found it to be Win problem but not sure what. Reading here I may be victim of USB problem, though I've been running fine since Christmas. Tried...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 1st 10 05:22 PM
by Ken Watkinson Go to last post
28 778
ricoh RL5C592 MEMORY STICK BUS HOST ADAPTER by trndispr
after installing vista 64bit home premium - host adapter shows as a unknown base system device-- Ricoh rl5c592 memory stick bus host adapter - need driver -anyone have any ideas and rl5c843 mmc host controller
March 2nd 07 09:09 PM
by trndispr Go to last post
2 778
CD Bootable Diagnosis Software by Walter Goldschmidt[_3_]
Anybody know of a good diagnosis software that is bootable from the CD drive. I've got Ultra Bootable CD but doesn't do a thorough diagnosis of motherboard and CD drive. Walt
March 15th 11 11:42 PM
by Walter Goldschmidt[_3_] Go to last post
0 753
A failing laptop/notebook HDD or just a corrupted Vista/data? by Ant[_3_]
Hello. I am trying to figure out and fix a client's old Sony Vaio laptop/notebook with 1 GB of RAM and 32-bit Vista Business. Basically, it doesn't load up its desktop fully. I do see a graphical splash screen loader and then a black desktop with a movable white mouse cursor, but that's it. This happen in both safe mode and normal boot up. I was able to use the laptop/notebook and access...
April 8th 11 10:59 PM
by HumBug! Go to last post
1 745
U3 thumb drive doesn't work by Micahman74
This is what I know but also as far as I've got... 1: You need to have launchpad intaller set to autostart 2: You have to remove password protection (at least while you are doing this) 3: Plug the drive in, launchpad will try to run, popup informing you that launchpad is not compatible and option to check for update. 4: Choose yes, IE launches and you are informed that a software update to...
September 27th 06 08:53 PM
by Sean Go to last post
1 745
hp by swiftflo
Anyone know what is now going on at HP. There don't appear to be any drivers or advice for drivers for my 7960 printer for Vista now.
March 1st 07 08:53 PM
by jimrx4 Go to last post
2 742
VG2230wm not displaying after windows start by Square
Hi, this has been an ongoing problem since I got the monitor and I have had no luck at my graphics card website and monitor website. My system specs: Vista Home Basic 64x (Version: 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 Build 6001) AM2 Fatal1ty moherboard Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6400+, 3200 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s) BIOS Version/Date: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00...
January 7th 11 04:08 PM
by mary farley Go to last post
3 742
"No bootable device" error by Hamlet10
Hello. I apologize if I have posted this in the incorrect forum. Just a few hours ago my laptop spontaneously crashed, or so it would seem, and any attempt to restart it leads to a pitch black screen with the text "No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key". When I start the laptop, it at first leads to a screen with the word Compaq in big, bold letters and a plethora of options...
November 16th 09 07:17 PM
by IkkiTowaras Go to last post
5 741
Is the BTX motherboard Dead ? by Jasper[_4_]
I have not heard much about this or have I seen any BTX parts out there. This thought just came to mind.
November 4th 08 08:16 PM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_3_] Go to last post
1 739
Vista...? Proceed with caution! by ChrisM
Not sure how much of this is true, but I believe most of it is, and even if only 1/4 is true, it's enough to make me think twice or even thrice about going anywhere near Vista for a long time yet... http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/pubs/vista_cost.txt Executive Summary ----------------- Windows Vista includes an extensive reworking of core OS elements in order
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 12th 07 12:55 AM
by Alias Go to last post
38 737
CD-Rom Drive Missing from My Computer by Don1
The CD Rom drive passed out of existence from My Computer, with Vista Home Premium 32-Bit operating system installed in a emachines desktop PC. The error code is: This device cannot start. (Code 10). The driver version is: 6.0.6001.18000 I do not know what caused this problem. Does anyone know how to restore the CD Rom drive? --
May 23rd 08 12:48 PM
by SpyCatcher Go to last post
4 730
MBT fitness shoes can pamper your feet by jasmine
As it is suggested that barefoot walking is beneficial to our body, there are many people and companies focus on barefoot shoes. Pamper your feet with brand of walking shoes called MBT shoes are the hot slogan. It is believed that all walking we do is good for us, but the fact is we also bear a lot of wear and tear through it. In addition, when our feet are squeezed into tight room, with barely...
December 21st 10 02:38 AM
by jasmine Go to last post
0 722
Microsoft Driver for "Legacy Audio Devices" by Andrew Fiddian-Green
In Windows XP most basic sound cards are supported by drivers written by Microsoft for supporting "Legacy Audio Devices" But it seems that Microsoft written drivers for such legacy audio devices were not delivered in Vista Beta 2. I am assuming such drivers are included in later builds. = But I wonder if there is anywhere I can get them for the current Beta #2?
August 28th 06 04:11 PM
by Andrew Fiddian-Green Go to last post
0 721
Compaq IJ300 (Lexmark Z11) by brianto
Everything works fine since I installed Vista except for my printer a Compaq IJ300 which is a Lexmark Z11 in disguise. I installed the driver for the Z11 through the "Add Printer" but the problem arrises when I try and install my black cartridge. ( You have to change the colour to black). When I press add new cartridge ie black ,everything is ok but when I go to allign it, the program states...
September 15th 06 01:32 PM
by brianto Go to last post
1 717
Monitor Show 'No Signal' when i reboot or turn on pc by ron
I just had a new pc built with an E6750 processor, 500 gb HD, xfx 8600gt vid card. I have a viewsonic LCD monitor which is the only pice not new. I have the monitor connected to the vid card with a dvi cable. I also have an old crt monitor which when i plug this in and started the pc up worked fine. the LCD is not finding a signal until i unplug the cable and replug it back in. then i get...
January 27th 08 02:20 AM
by Curious Go to last post
4 713
Vista Cannot Read 2GB SD CARD by colt22[_12_]
Hey, I have a Texas Instruments Card Reader DRIVER:, but I cannot access SD CARDS. When I put my 2GB SD Card in it asks me to format, but when I try to format it, It says It cannot format, thus making the card useless. anyone else have this problem ! :( -- colt22
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 21st 09 05:59 PM
by schalla01[_3_] Go to last post
16 712
HP Deskjet 935 C by Ritter197[_2_]
I have a HP Deskjet 935C printer which has always worked fine in both Black and White print and in Color. Today I wanted to print a color document and it always shows in the preview as a black and white document (which it is not). It also prints it as Black and White. Yet , I checked all on the printer and it is set for Best quality Color and I just cannot figure out why the preview shows...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 15th 10 06:35 PM
by Elmo[_2_] Go to last post
10 712
Mass Storage Controller Driver by KEVINLINN
Hi, I have a Sony Vaio VGNFS980 running Vista Home Premium 32 bit. I cannot locate a driver for the mass storage controller. The Mass Storage Controller and Unknown Device both show up in the Device Manager with yellow !!!. I just cannot find a driver to work. Any help would be appreciated. :( --
March 14th 10 12:36 PM
by spinman Go to last post
6 709
IGFX by Betty
experience level-2 w/10 being COMPUTER IS ONLY 3 WEEKS OLD! Compaq Presario Windows Vista Premium I have never used Vista before. I don't seem to be having a problem using it. Or not lol While I am working the screen will go black for a few seconds. The notice: display driver has stopped responding and has recovered IGFX. I get this message 3-4 times a day. I don't have a clue what to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 20th 08 07:15 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
23 700
Repost: Chkdsk: Cannot open volume for direct access by Kevin Cochran
Greetings, On Vista Home Premium, when the trying to run chkdsk from boot, the following error comes up: Checking file system on C: Type of the file system is NTFS Cannot open volume for direct access Any ideas?
January 25th 11 08:51 PM
by George Blake Go to last post

From The