Help RocketRaid 2302 Bios wont update - "version match" by backert1
Hello, I am having a really frustraing time installing a RacketRaid 2302 RAID card in Vista Ultimate 64 bit. The new 64 bit drivers install perfectly well and runn fine. I want to update the RR card bios from v2.2 to the new version 2.3 as the boot up time is supposed to be much shorted among other improvements. There are of course two options; 1) use the highpoint provided hptflash.exe file...
November 18th 08 05:23 PM
by backert1 Go to last post
2 323
Windows Update Agere system PCI modem driver keep disappearing by GT
I downloaded the Agere system pci modem driver in Windows and never had a problem with driver but this month the agere system pci modem driver keep disappearing and it's gone. I remove the driver and can't get the driver using Windows Update. How do i download the driver again in Windows Update?
November 18th 08 03:26 PM
by GT Go to last post
8 331
usb-to-serial port cleanup by horseradish[_2_]
I have replaced my old USB-to-Serial cable that died with a new one, but now I can't reset the COM ports for the new device because the registry/driver settings for the old one are maintaining their "reservations". I can't get the old one to be recognized (which is why it needed to be replaced) so I can remap the old reservations out of the way, and I can't delete the entries in the...
November 18th 08 02:11 PM
by horseradish[_2_] Go to last post
0 324
Vista & Wireless Keyboard / Mouse by ShutterMan
Just got a nice wireless keyboard and mouse. Problem is, when the machine is rebooted, these devices dont work anymore. I have to unplug the USB cable of the remote sensing unit, and plug it back in to get the devices to work. Needless to say, this is a pain. This is a Micro Innovations wireless keyboard and mouse, and Im using the latest Vista drivers (according to them).
November 18th 08 03:14 AM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
6 329
Creative X-Fi sound card problems in Vista Ultimate 64-bit by Carskick
Hello, I have had this problem on and off. I had blue screens when I first put Vista on the machine, then they subsided after all the updates were installed. That was over 7 months ago. In the past few weeks, I have started having trouble again, and everything seems to be pointing to an issue between Vista and my X-Fi Music Sound card. Basically, the problem is upon returning from sleep...
November 17th 08 11:16 PM
by trouble Go to last post
1 388
Is this compatable? by FeArDaFiSh
hey guys, i had a WUSB54GC wireless network adapter for my xp system and i just got a new windows vista 64bit system and that network adapter is not supported. In the last thread i had someone suggested this one that should work with a 64bit. 'http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductReview.aspx?Item=N82E16833129160' (http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductReview.aspx?Item=N82E16833129160) Can...
November 17th 08 08:11 PM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_3_] Go to last post
5 398
How can I disable pen taps in Windows Vista Home Basic? by Zaiburst
The 'pen taps' are when you use a graphics tablet (wacom bamboo), and for example you hold the pen down, and the cursor pauses for a moment to animate a circle so that it can open up a menu. This gets in the way of my drawing, since every stroke is paused in this way which can be very disruptive and frustrating. I have searched on how to disable it, and it seems quite easy in the regular...
November 17th 08 07:55 PM
by Zaiburst Go to last post
0 305
Generic USB on Windows Vista Home Basic by Ben Ramsay[_2_]
Windows Vista Home Basic 5 port USB 2.0 Compaq Presario F500 Laptop Have recently purchased a 4 port usb and I have noticed that It works for a while then stops working, it seems to disconect or enter a power save state and I have to disconect it to start it again. Have tested other devices on the port and they work. As far as I can tell I have power going through the device but they seem to...
November 17th 08 03:31 PM
by Big D[_3_] Go to last post
3 289
Digital photo frame as second display by mysiar
Hi does anybody use a digital photo frame as second display on Vista ? I wonder what kind of frame it is and how slideshow works on it. Piotr -- mysiar
November 17th 08 03:26 PM
by mysiar Go to last post
0 305
Laptop screen goes blank after recovery from Sleep Mode by civ2ru
First off, it's a SONY VAIO VGN-FZ180E and I'm running Vista 32-bit. In the last couple of months, I've started encountering an error - the screen goes blank upon recovery from Sleep Mode. Don't remember exactly when it started, and couldn't use System Recovery to roll back that far anyway. The only workaround I've found is either restarting or closing/re-opening the lid. The "Turn off...
November 17th 08 03:22 PM
by civ2ru Go to last post
0 279
CreateDC fails on an independent display by eigers
Hello everyone, I have Vista Ultimate 64 bit with 2 graphics cards. The second card should be an independent display (not part of the desktop), and shouldn't have a monitor attached. However, I still need to create a device context on it. The problem is that CreateDC fails on the second display with ERROR_DEVICE_NOT_READY. On XP the call to CreateDC succeeds. Why is this and how can this be...
November 17th 08 07:52 AM
by eigers Go to last post
0 257
My Disk Drive won't work by Erica♥
I can't play any games on my laptop, because for some reason my drive isn't working. I have Windows Vista but I don't have a disk because it was already on my laptop when I got it. I went to my drives to view what was going on and I get this message: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) I don't know what this is and I have...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 16th 08 07:27 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
17 673
Dell AXIM X5 Advanced and Vista by Lancex95
Today somebody gave me a perfectly great working Dell Axim X5 (the advanced version) since they were getting rid of alot of stuff and i figured id take it off their hands. well i hooked it up to my laptop to sync it, but it doesnt recognize/support this device i guess. is there any way i can get support for it? and also anywhere i can figure out how to hook it up to a wirless internet on another...
November 16th 08 05:30 AM
by Tom Lake[_2_] Go to last post
2 332
Turning off tap on Synaptics Touchpad by Tim Regan
Hi All, I'm running Vista on a Toshiba Portege M200. The M200 has a Synaptics Touchpad. I have installed the Synaptics Vista drivers from http://www.synaptics.com/support/drive.cfm (version 9.1.0) since the Toshiba site doe not list any Vista TouchPad drivers. Two things are wrong. Firstly every time I start my laptop I get an error message "The publisher could not be verified. Are you sure you...
November 16th 08 03:31 AM
by alstreck Go to last post
1 245
The DVD drive does not work on Windows Vista - itunes problem?? by twins160
I installed itunes a while ago and found out that this was the problem, so followed the steps in this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929461. My DVD drive then worked fine. I hadnt used it for awhile until a few weeks ago when I tried to watch a DVD. It did not recognise that there was a disk in the drive and kept saying insert disk. Any problem page I go to refers to the article...
November 16th 08 01:50 AM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
1 283
usb-to-serial adapter by abitaman
I've just purchased a Dell with 64 bit Vista and I'm having a problem finding an adapter. My handheld Magellen GPS uses a serial connector and of course all the new computer has is usb. I've already purchased and returned one adapter which didn't have Vista drivers. Any help would be appreciated.
November 15th 08 10:19 PM
by Rando[_2_] Go to last post
2 283
Change synchronization folder in Mobile Device Center by Jan Poot
Is there a way to change the default synchonization folder in Mobile Device Center? I found a reg-key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows CE Services\Partners\id\Services\Synchronization\Briefcase Path. When I change that, everything seems to be changed, but after a short while, the old value is back and -worse- the name of designated is changed. Does anyone have a solution for...
November 15th 08 01:25 PM
by Jan Poot Go to last post
0 270
MP3 player installation, Vista, Driver error - code 10 by [email protected]
Since I purchased my Dell Inspiron with Vista 32-bit (in August of 2007)... I have connected 5 different MP3 players... the 2 SanDisk ones worked ok (drag and drop in window explorer, no syncing) because I could set them to MSD (?) vs. MTP's. However, the Samsung and 2 Creative (including one the one I purchased 2 weeks ago that advertised it was Vista compatible) don't have the options to...
November 15th 08 08:17 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 263
How to enable instal driver found balloon by max123456789
I have Microsoft Mobile Memory 8000 mouse. I installed soft and all worked great, but every time after inserting 1 GB usb pen adapter-balloon was popping up and Vista asked me to install driver for it witch was really irritating. At the bottom of balloon was option "don't ask to install driver for these device" witch I marked and know it is not working at all and I don't see balloon at all.After...
November 15th 08 05:29 AM
by max123456789 Go to last post
0 281
new belkin usb 2.0 pci card by bassfisher6522
I just received this card as a gift. On the package it say compatible with 98se, me, 2000 and xp. I have vista. Has any body tried it with vista? If so, where there any issues with it, including installing and working after installed. I have contacted Belkin a week ago and still haven't herd any thing from them yet. Thanks for the help. -- bassfisher6522
November 14th 08 01:47 PM
by Marky1973 Go to last post

From The