Threads in Forum : Networking with Windows Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
TNET1130 chipset by tomstevens09
This is a bit of strange case because it seems to be devolution. My Safecom swlpt-54125 used to work on vista (using the driver from the website) However about a year ago it stopped working, completely unexpectedly. This was after SP1 came out, but the card worked with SP1 for a while. Thankfully i've been duel booting XP so it hasn't particularly bothered me (apart from having a operating...
June 10th 09 10:48 AM
by tomstevens09 Go to last post
0 452
Netman (Network Connections Service) by Mark Cusumano[_2_]
When I first boot up my computer, SVCHOST runs at 50% cpu time. If I "Go To Service" I notice the same services associated with this particular errant SVCHOST processes. Stopping them one at a time yields no change in processor usage until I try and stop NetMan "Network Connections" service. Processor time drops almost immediately to normal. Restarting the service does affect the...
June 9th 09 03:48 PM
by Jack-MVP Go to last post
1 486
Accesing shared printer on Windows XP from Vista by JerzySz
Cannot access shared printer connected to Windows XP sp3 PC from Vista Ultimate sp1. The shared printer (canon i990) can be seen from Vista PC but any attempt to connect to the printer or see its properties generates error message. This is a small network and there is no problem to access the printer from Windows XP PC. What sould be done?
June 9th 09 12:58 PM
by ng_reader Go to last post
3 533
Vista shared file visibility from XP machine by HustlingHare
I've followed (I think) all the steps necessary to share a folder on my newly buile Vista x64 machine. Checked and double checked against help at MS help pages and web help pages and other posting answers. On my XP machine I can see the folder name in My Network Places\Entire Network\Microsoft Windows Network\se\my_computer_name\my_folder where se is the workgroup name I have chosen and...
June 9th 09 12:30 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 466
BUG: Vista network connectivity lost after opening many connectionswith Perl.exe by [email protected]
BACKGROUND ---------- I first experienced a similar problem with the Internet Connection Sharing as described he http://groups.google.fi/group/microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing/browse_thread/thread/e485117a64677cc7/7bbc09109c097667?hl=en&ie=UTF-8 Microsoft issued a hotfix to fix that issue, and my web crawler worked fine for some time. However, sometime late 2008, I started...
June 9th 09 11:03 AM
by Mikko[_2_] Go to last post
1 472
Wireless network adapter problem by iceykitsune
I posted this in the hardware forum but did not get any reply so i thought i would try here. shortly after i installed SP 1 for vista business my wireless card started to disable itself and stop all traffic. the only way i could get my network back was to reboot the laptop. i have looked in the network connections folder and saw the card was listed as disabled, after trying to enable it it...
June 9th 09 03:11 AM
by gvsbnarayana Go to last post
4 480
Toshiba ConfigFree Icon by jkeat.34
Does anyone know how to get the Toshiba ConfigFree Icon to show on the Notification Bar on a Toshiba Satellite with Windows Vista installed?
June 9th 09 01:54 AM
by John E. Carty Go to last post
9 516
general question re resetting/renewing IP connection by Dave Horne[_2_]
First, I'm not sure if this is the best forum for this question, so if it is not, please advise. I have a general question re network settings under Vista Home Premium. On occasion, during busy times of the day, my cable modem will indicate that the connection is lost. If I manually unplug the power cable to the cable modem and router, wait until 15 or so seconds, and reconnect the cables,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 7th 09 10:12 PM
by Charlie Tame Go to last post
12 724
Can't ping Windows Vista PC by John Lee
How can I turn on "allow incoming echo request "on Vista so I can ping it from another machine? Thanks.
June 7th 09 06:40 PM
by antoiinefinch Go to last post
2 386
Remove renamed computer on wireless home network by Altereagle
I have (had?) two computers with similar names on my wireless network. The home is using XP & this one is the Vista Home premium which I renamed. How do I remove the old name from the network? Since having the old name still there doesn't solve the problem. Thanks for any help. -Gordon-
June 7th 09 06:39 PM
by ndyguy Go to last post
3 437
Vista Network Problem / Sharing / Computers not Showing on Network by cyb3rb0y_gr
Hi, I've recently bought Windows Vista Ultimate but after installtion I've some very very nasty network problems. Well my network configuarion is as follows: 3 Pc's Running Win XP Pro SP2 ( one of them is laptop ) 1 Pc Running Windows Server 03 R2 ( with all updates ) 1 Pc Running Win Vista Ultimate 32bit ( will all updates and WHQL Drivers ) Cisco Router 876w (latest rev)
June 7th 09 03:58 PM
by antoinefinch Go to last post
6 474
Is there a way to "reset" all sharing? by rak
One of my friends has a media sharing problem with an XP Home (sp3) MCE 2005, WMP 11 desktop. I've tried to help him by setting up consistent user accounts (passworded) but it doesn't seem to solve the problem. In a nutshell, his network shows his desktop as both a computer and a media device and it seems he has more shares than I think is wise -- he has disks, folders, files, all marked...
June 7th 09 03:48 PM
by rak Go to last post
4 461
Network Connections stumper by Brandon Taylor[_2_]
I have a dial-up networking connection already set up on my Windows Vista Home Basic machine, which is equipped with Service Pack 1. Yet, when I log on as one particular user, and then click Start Connect To, my dial-up networking connection does not appear, and the "Connect to a network" window says "Windows can't find any networks" when I am not connected, or "Windows cannot find any...
June 7th 09 02:06 PM
by Charlie Tame Go to last post
4 580
Cant connect by hawkeyes1234
On Halo 2 I try logging in to windows live it says "a connection to the network is not available" on the network options i picked the wireless network. The network does work but for some reason it doesnt work with logging in. -- hawkeyes1234
June 7th 09 03:19 AM
by hawkeyes1234 Go to last post
0 447
Screwed Permissions/Sharing...help PLEASE by Rod
Hi two separate, but inter-related stories. 1. A few months ago we had a visitor stay from Europe (I am in Perth, Australia) so I decided to 'hide' my files (kept on a separate D drive) so that IF he wanted to use my PC he wouldn't see them. 2. Almost at the same time I decided to partition my C drive into 2 separate drives (creating a drive I named "W", and installed Windows 7 onto W.
June 6th 09 05:18 PM
by Dave[_29_] Go to last post
1 501
"Cannot stream between VLCs in VISTA" by puneet1987
We're doing a project on "REAL TIME VIRTUAL CLASSROOM" using VLC plug-in in Microsoft Visual Studio '08. We tried streaming b/w two pcs, one running "Windows XP SP3" and another "Windows Vista Home Premium - 32 bit os", it worked. But when tried on two pcs running on "Windows Vista Enterprise - 32 bit os", only audio was getting streamed, video didn't get stream, only a BLACK window came. Pcs...
June 4th 09 06:10 AM
by Tae Song Go to last post
1 441
How delete/disconnect a network drive. by Scully
I recently formatted a network drive that I have, as I was changing the way I store stuff on my network drives. However when I re-connected the drive I realised I had not disconnected it first. As a result of this I cannot remap the network drive to the computer. Everytime I try I get the message. ' The network folder specified is currently mapped using a different user name and password. To...
June 3rd 09 11:41 PM
by tedgrant2[_2_] Go to last post
2 1,322
Cant connect to Internet either wireless or plugged into router, PLZ HELP! by datboytaz
ok the exact problem is the affected comp can't connect to the internet either plugged into the router (how I want it to be) or if I try installing one of the USB Wireless Adapters (netgear WG111v2) that the other 3 computers in the house use, which all are getting the wireless signal from the router no problem, on one right now. I have the problem comp (will be just comp from here out) currently...
June 3rd 09 09:46 PM
by Tae Song Go to last post
2 389
Offline file location by richk
I need to sync a significant amount (150GB) of data betweeen a laptop and a desktop. My intention is to set the files up as "available offline". I understant the fact that there will be a duplicate copy on the laptop. Is there a way to force the laptop's copy to be stored in a particular location? I know it's there, but I don't know where it is.
June 3rd 09 04:11 PM
by richk Go to last post
0 413
Group Policy to Enable Remote Access to Admin Shares by Mark Olbert
Some time ago -- back when WinXP SP2 came out -- I had to reconfigure the machines on my LAN to allow for remote access to their admin shares. By "remote" I mean "from a different computer in the same subnet", not from the wilds of the internet :). I did this by enabling or disabling something in group policy. But I've lost my notes, and I don't remember how to do it anymore...which is a problem...
June 3rd 09 02:58 PM
by Mark Olbert Go to last post

From The