accidentally press sleep mode in my destop computer by kyleetor777
How to wake turn on my desktop computer from sleep mode -- kyleetor777
April 19th 09 05:14 PM
by John Barnett MVP[_3_] Go to last post
2 249
thumb drive won't trun on at boot time by John[_28_]
I have a PNY 16g thumb drive with both my msoffice and vista cd's copied to it and a few other things. When I boot, the drive isn't recognized and doesn't turn on. If I pull it out and put it back in while vista is running it lights up and everything is fine. Vista home premium 2g mem. John
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 19th 09 03:31 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
10 399
headset by Scorpio
Hi, I'm trying tomake my headset work but when i connecti hear the person but they don't hear me.Using windows vista.
April 19th 09 01:48 AM
by Scorpio Go to last post
5 297
Msconfig "Boot" problem! by paynebi
I resently limited my RAM to 3072mb or 3GB in the msconfig boot tab, not knowing that it would stay like that permanently! i need help with this to get my 1GB back - it was originally 4GB but i limited it to 3. thanks, Billy -- paynebi
April 18th 09 11:06 PM
by Woody Go to last post
2 253
Kensington Mouseworks now works OK by Birk Binnard
Previously the Kensington Mouseworks Ver. 6.2.2 software would not install properly in Vista. Now it does. So if you have an Expert Mouse trackball (which is the highest productivity pointing device ever invented) you can say Welcome Back to your programmable buttons. Oh Frabjous Day!! Calloo Callay!! -- Birk Binnard http://www.birkbinnard.com
April 18th 09 06:09 PM
by stubek Go to last post
3 227
Trying to Use Sound Recorder to Record T.V. Theme Music by [email protected]
I hold the microphone near the laptop speakers, but when I try to play it back in Windows Media Player, there's silence. I've checked all the Volume levels; everything's set to "max."
April 18th 09 08:48 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 233
Can't use my mocrophone with Skype! by curious-moi
Hello, My microphone (external or internal) does not work with skype. I have an HP computer and it was working fine about a week ago, and now I can only hear the other side, and they cannot hear me. Please help me. Thank you --
April 18th 09 02:01 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
3 259
Which Application Turns Monitor On by vikrant
Hey Friends My Power Settings are configured to turn monitor off after x minutes. After x minutes, monitor turns off properly but after few seconds it turns on again Is there a way to find out which applicationn turns it on?
April 17th 09 08:02 PM
by John Go to last post
2 225
64 bit UNIX like operating systems - a free root account by [email protected]
To learn, a free root account, is a tool. It may not be a bad idea to avail of the free root access I provide. Via such free account, 64 bit hardware issues, device drivers, system performance, internet architecture, browsers such as lynx, and applications on a UNIX like operating system, may, be delved into. Issues in, Vista, networking, mainframe, animation, etc, may be, via appropriate use of...
April 17th 09 11:45 AM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 203
Mobo Front Panel Header Help by merkat106
I am installing a new Gigabyte mobo (MA78GM-US2H) in an HP Media Center Case. The pin layout between the case & mobo is nearly the same except that the HD LED and the Power LED are reversed on the new mobo. The power switch pins are correct. The case does not have reset capability. Does it matter that the two LED pin connectors are reversed or should I attempt to change the wires coming from the...
April 17th 09 10:13 AM
by Frank-FL Go to last post
3 206
MP3 Player Issue by Randy
I hope there is something easy here that I missed. I have a Vista Home Premium SP1. Dell Dimension E310. I bought a generic MP3 player off ebay. I installed it and everything was fine. Now when I go to plug it in to update my songs it does not show up when I click MY COMPUTER and look for it in the DEVICES WITH REMOTE STORAGE. When it did I renamed it 'ipod' so I would know what device to...
April 17th 09 07:17 AM
by THE C. [MS MVP] Go to last post
2 204
Western Digital 1TB World Book - Vista Ultimate x64 Issues by cincoe
::Okay guys. I've read and read and asked and asked and now I am looking to the experts. Got a good one for you. Here's the deal...:: :::: ::I have four computers running off of a wireless secure lynksys router (connected to DSL) and all four connected to an HP Printer (wirelessly). 2 computers running WindowsXP and 2 Running Windows Vista x64 / one with Home Premium and the other Ultimate...
April 17th 09 05:09 AM
by cincoe Go to last post
0 219
DVD+R discs burned in Vista can't be read on Vista machine by gamutalarm
OK, after three days I'm stumped. So here we go... HP Pavilion dv6000 Entertainment PC Intel Core 2 CPU T5300 @ 1.73 GHz 2 GB RAM WIndows Vista Home Premium DVD RW Drive: Slimtype DVD A DS8AZH ATA Problem:
April 17th 09 04:40 AM
by jus_bored Go to last post
6 247
X64_0xA_e1e6032e+15c3f, type 0 by Tamara Peralta
I tried to shut down the computer and a blue sceen came on. I did some troubleshooting with it, I was using the report and solution screen. Aparently there is a problen with the ethernet. What elso do I need to do?
April 17th 09 04:20 AM
by haunt Go to last post
1 201
RAID 1 instructions needed by snoopyhead101
I have a HP m8430f (Intel Core Quad/2.40GHz/4GB/Vista Home Premium x64) and need detailed instructions on how to set-up a RAID 1. I have a 1TB Seagate FreeAgent Xtreme that has a ton of movies and music on it that I want backed up. Ideally I want all the files I put on the Seagate to transfer to the 1TB Western Digital green drive I just bought automatically. The WD is in a Vantec NexStar MX Dual...
April 16th 09 07:31 PM
by DL[_3_] Go to last post
2 200
Network adapters failed to support NDISReadNetworkAddress function by [email protected]
Many new network adapters on VISTA fail to support NDISReadNetworkAddress function. This is the function that allows software configurable MAC Address. Although the network adapters received "Certified for Windows VISTA" logo, they fail to support this function. Based on my understanding from Microsoft website, network adapters are required to support NDIS 6.0 for Windows VISTA, and NDIS 5.1...
April 16th 09 04:15 PM
by Andrew McLaren[_2_] Go to last post
4 306
power up through escape button only by linlee
Powering the computer on only works by using the escape button, I have to press it several times. When I open my lid the blue lights on my laptop blink like it is stuck in hibernation, the power button no longer works. Everything in the control panel "power options" are at default. How do I get the power button to work again, and why is it the escape button only works to boot the system.
April 16th 09 07:13 AM
by linlee Go to last post
0 193
Video Capture card?? by dskater411
Hello, Im looking for a (hopefully cheap) video capture card, but here is the thing. 1. It needs to be vista64 compatible, and 2. Needs to be able to interface to a hi8 camcorder (aka s-video and rca audio) I dont care if its an internal card, or a simple usb cable, as long as i can capture my soon to be deteriorated hi8 data. Im having trouble finding anything compatible with vista let alone...
April 16th 09 01:10 AM
by Curious[_5_] Go to last post
2 200
Monitor Calibration Issues by thunnus
I am trying to calibrate my home laptop LCD monitor using an X-Rite Eye One Display 2 unit for digital photography purposes. After calibration, the X-Rite unit creates a custom monitor profile and sets it as default. But the laptop reverts to the original monitor settings once the computer is rebooted. I can't get the corrected monitor profile to display even though the display settings...
April 15th 09 08:06 PM
by irecom Go to last post
6 247
Hp Deskjet 5550 Not Working by gigimava
I just switched to Vista from Xp. I have a Hp Deskjet 5550 printer, connected via usb. When I plug it in, Vista succesfully racognize it and installs the needed driver. Though, whenever I try to print something, the printer won't react. If I check in the print queue, it says "Error - Printing". I also tried installing it as a 990c (I've read about that trick somewhere), but it was useless. Any...
April 15th 09 02:20 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post

From The